One million ethnic Germans living in Poland were naturalized and granted Polish citizenship

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
Today, the vast majority of ethnic Germans live in the southwestern Polish region of Silesia, where the German language is still spoken. Even the region's street signs are bilingual.

Of the estimated 300,000 ethnic Germans still living in Poland, many have strong links to Germany such as relatives, property, pensions and bank accounts. Kosak, a long-time activist for German minority rights in Poland, encouraged his four children to emigrate soon after the collapse of Communism in 1989. "Of course I care about the outcome of the German election. It's going to have a direct impact on my children's children," he says.

Ethnic Germans in Poland set to vote in German election - SPIEGEL ONLINE

I thought that all Germans were expelled from Poland after the war. It was very generous of Poland to give them citizenship after they suffered so much in the war.

my own ancestry ---or so it seems----Has some link to both Poland and Germany------from WAY BACK. Culturally----
sorta------in reference to-----(sorry) HIGH CULTURE-----
Germans and Poles are actually linked. I believe that Nazi pig Adolf was Jealous of CHOPIN and MADAAM CURIE

PS---the link is the AUSTRIAN HAPSBURG EMPIRE----I think------but I am not sure

Forum List

Back