Churches which accept homosexuality sign their own death warrant

Rikurzhen

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2014
Some interesting data on the issue of Churches concocting their own positions on homosexuality:

But a number of Christian denominations have already taken significant steps towards liberalizing their stances on homosexuality and marriage, and the evidence so far seems to indicate that affirming homosexuality is hardly a cure for membership woes. On the contrary, every major American church that has taken steps towards liberalization of sexual issues has seen a steep decline in membership. . . .

In 2002, the number of baptized U.S. members of the Episcopal Church stood at 2.32 million. By 2012, that number had fallen to 1.89 million, a decline of 18.4 percent. Meanwhile, attendance has fallen even more steeply. Average Sunday attendance in its U.S. churches was 846,000 in 2002, but had fallen 24.4 percent by 2012 to only 640,000. Other signs of congregational liveliness have fallen even further. Baptisms have fallen by 39.6 percent, and marriages have fallen by 44.9 percent.

As for the ACNA? It’s seen its membership rise by 13 percent and its Sunday attendance rise by 16 percent in the past five years. Since 2009, the ACNA has planted 488 new congregations. In 2012, the entire Episcopal Church managed to plant four new churches. . . .

From ELCA’s formation in 1987 to 2009, the average decrease in membership each year was only 0.62 percent. But after the liberalization of the ELCA’s stance on sexuality, membership declined a whopping 5.95 percent in 2010 and 4.98 percent in 2011. Since 2009, more than 600 congregations abandoned the denomination, with almost two-thirds joining conservative Lutheran denominations like the North American Lutheran Church and Lutheran Churches in Ministry for Christ.

By the end of 2012, ELCA had lost 12.3 percent of its members in three years—nearly 600,000 people. If the present rate of defections holds steady, ELCA will cease to exist in less than two decades. . . . .

While UCC has been bleeding members for decades, its decline rapidly accelerated after the gay marriage vote. Since 2005, UCC has lost 250,000 members, a decline of 20.4 percent over seven years. While an average of 39 congregations left UCC annually from 1990 to 2004, more than 350 congregations departed in the following three years. The UCC’s own pension board called the 2000’s decline “the worst decade among 25 reporting Protestant denominations,” and admitted that “…the rate of decline is accelerating.”

2013 marked a particularly grim milestone for the denomination, as membership finally fell below one million. If the post-2005 rate in membership losses doesn’t taper out, the denomination will cease to exist in 30 years.

Meanwhile, in Orthodox Churches…

The familiar answer from liberal mainline Christians is to protest that church attendance and religiosity is on the decline across-the-board, not just in denominations that embrace homosexuality. But this excuse fails to account for conservative denominations like the Assemblies of God, which has been consistently and rapidly growing for more than 40 years. Despite much of the hand-wringing over the Catholic Church’s highly visible public advocacy against gay marriage, it has been consistently growing in the United States. Lord knows the Mormons haven’t had any trouble growing. Even theologically conservative denominations that are declining, such as the Southern Baptist Convention, began declining much later and much less drastically than other denominations. The Southern Baptist Convention has only declined by 3 percent since its peak in 2007—an average of less than 1 percent annually—and has actually been adding congregations.​

Romans 6 English Standard Version (ESV)

What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. For one who has died has been set free from sin. Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions. Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.

For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. But what fruit were you getting at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 6 English Standard Version (ESV)

What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. For one who has died has been set free from sin. Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions. Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.

For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. But what fruit were you getting at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Galatians 5:24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Cross References
Romans 6:6
For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin--1 Corinthians 6:13
You say, "Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both." The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

So in the scripture I posted the reverse is true also. Those have not crucified the flesh with its passions and desires do not belong to Christ. This is why when a Christian who lives according to the flesh dies and goes to hell - the judgment is not unjust. We know the Word of God. We know the path is narrow. We know what is required. We are either going to do it or we are not going to do it. I believe if a Catholic lives holy unto the LORD as Jeanne Guyon did they will make it to heaven. Otherwise? No. I believe that if a methodist lives holy unto the LORD as Wesley did, they will make it to heaven. Otherwise? No. I believe if a Christian lives as David Brainerd, Watchman Nee, John Knox or Charles Finney did ......they will make it to heaven. Otherwise no. Narrow means narrow. Jesus said to strive to enter in the straight gate. Strive in that scripture meant agonize. God is calling his church to holiness. Without holiness, no one will see the LORD. That's the truth.

This would apply for the once saved always saved crowd or those who worship their denomination as if by virtue of membership they could gain heaven ( another lie ) the saying - If it sounds too good to be true? It probably is not the truth.

Last edited:
I would read the bible starting in the Book of John and keep reading and praying to the LORD repenting of all sin the Lord brought to my mind - ask the Holy Spirit to help you to find a holiness church that preaches the baptism of the Holy Spirit and seek to know the LORD and receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I would stay out of dead churches entirely. That is where I would begin.

Watching Christians eat their own is almost as much fun as watching the republicans eat their own....

Beats watching Hillary eat, and eat, and eat. Shall we assume that the more she consumes the better off the world is?

Churches that are willing to accept anything pc, fall under the auspices of the Laodicea church. The only church Christ promises to puke out.

The LORD was very compassionate in his dealings with the Laodecians if we consider his telling them - As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: therefore be zealous and repent! It proved His love was still there and had not left them yet! It was as if he was saying, here's the bad news but here is the good news! I still love you, here is the evidence? Your being chastened for this reason - to be zealous and repent.... and if you will, church, then I will open the door and sup with them and he with me..... and to him who overcomes will I grant to sit with me on my throne, even as I overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne....... that is quite a promise and He is speaking this to the Laodecian church so this again speaks to the mercy and love of God - what if God didn't warn the churches and just let them run on out into oblivion with no warning. We'd wonder if we were His at all and with good reason. I thank God for His times of chastening. I know I'm his child by such evidence - that I'm His.

Hello Jere, you sweetheart. I tend to agree, but it's the repentance that seems to be lacking. If the churches today are accepting the "anything goes 21 Century" dogma, they must not think they are laodicean, but progressive. None of them seem to be saying, this is wrong. They are embracing church doctrine at the expense of Bible doctrine. I see the opposite of repentance.

Mainstream and dissenting denominations have been losing membership for decades, which has nothing to do with homosexuality and other reactionary social con denominations such as evangelicals and fundamentalists.

Forum List

Back