Church and State

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2004
52.5 N 1.5 W
Seperation Of:

Any good citizens noticed a disturbing phenomenon in recent American electioneering activities with respect to religious propaganda? Bush - Born Again. Kerry - Catholic.

Respect the Constitution.

Signed: Adams, Jefferson, Washington, Franklin etc.
Turning in our graves.

8236 said:
Seperation Of:

Any good citizens noticed a disturbing phenomenon in recent American electioneering activities with respect to religious propaganda? Bush - Born Again. Kerry - Catholic.

Respect the Constitution.

Signed: Adams, Jefferson, Washington, Franklin etc.
Turning in our graves.

Is it illegal to be president if you have a religious label?

uh...except none of those men ever believed in the MODERN concept of "Seperation of Church and State" - those men believed our very existance as a nation was the result of God's hand on our lives - our government.

(shrug)

:sleep:

Yeah, they are both fakes
How can you claim to be a religious follower when you are a member of the occult?
Give the Native Americans Geronimo’s, skull back. 332:teeth:

You are completely wrong. Adams is the only person who would agree with the idea that God had a hand in the creation of our country. Washington wasn't particularly religious. Jefferson and Franklin, and one you didn't mention, Madison, were Deists, which means they believed that God created and then left alone.

acludem

acludem said:
You are completely wrong. Adams is the only person who would agree with the idea that God had a hand in the creation of our country. Washington wasn't particularly religious. Jefferson and Franklin, and one you didn't mention, Madison, were Deists, which means they believed that God created and then left alone.

acludem

uh...no 'you' are wrong.

(shrug).

Going to be blunt here. What the hell are you talking about?

Presuming you are talking to me. My point is (as a European) how frightful American politics looks at the moment. A moment when no blow is too low to secure the succession.

"Seperation of Church and State: Keep the lunatics out of power" ;) Me

"I almost shudder at the thought of alluding to the most fatal example of
the abuses of grief which the history of mankind has preserved...
THE CROSS. Consider the calamities that engine of grief has produced!"
__John Adams, in a letter to Thomas Jefferson

More with John Adams:
"The doctrine of the divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover
for absurdity."

Adams signing the Treaty of Tripoli, Article 11 states:
"The Government of the United States is not in any sense founded
on the Christian religion." __Treaty of Tripoli

"History I believe furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people
maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of
ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will
always avail themselves for their own purpose."

"Question boldly even the existence of God."

"I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature."
"Religions are all alike, founded on fables and mythologies."
__Thomas Jefferson

Bla bla etc.

I just love it when Euros freak out over an American politics.

"Yeah, yeah, Saddam, Don't worry about that Security Council vote, wink wink"

"The American president beleives in God!!!!! PANNICCC!!!!!!!!!!

theim said:
I just love it when Euros freak out over an American politics.

"Yeah, yeah, Saddam, Don't worry about that Security Council vote, wink wink"

"The American president beleives in God!!!!! PANNICCC!!!!!!!!!!

Saddam: We all (except Americans it seems) knew he was a joke.

The man in the white house: YES I do begin to worry when I hear some of the messianic nonsense coming from his mouth.
There is nothing wrong with being a religious politician so long as you keep the religion out of the politics. The current politico-religious fusion going on in America is something I have never seen before. Ofcourse like everyone else I am only going by what I see and hear in the media, and so it may just be business as usual in the US. However, in any case, as a 'Euro', yes, I do 'freak'. I thought we (well, we in Europe at least) had got out of that kind of mentality c.1945.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't daddy Bush quoted in 1987 as saying something along the lines of: to be non-christian is to be un-American and such people should have their citizenship revoked.

http://www.house.gov/Constitution/Amend.html

Article [I.] (See Note 13)
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

What that means is that there shall be no law restricting the fair practice of or favoring of any one religion over any others. I so far have not seen any laws created that have favored Bush's religion over any of the other religions in this country. Kerry is full of shit with his faith based politics so you needn't worry should he get into office.

What does worry me is that Islam is being favored over other religions with respect to its specific requests such as Call to prayer in Arabic 5 times a day over public loud speakers, being allowed to wear full head scarves for Driver's licenses photos, etc. That to me is a violation of the 1st ammendment.

Sir Evil said:
well I can see why you were questioned as to what you were talking about, quoted here is what made most sense to me.

I'm not surprised. Your contribution is most valued.

PS: it's 'were' not 'where'.

8236 said:
Saddam: We all (except Americans it seems) knew he was a joke.

The man in the white house: YES I do begin to worry when I hear some of the messianic nonsense coming from his mouth.
There is nothing wrong with being a religious politician so long as you keep the religion out of the politics. The current politico-religious fusion going on in America is something I have never seen before. Ofcourse like everyone else I am only going by what I see and hear in the media, and so it may just be business as usual in the US. However, in any case, as a 'Euro', yes, I do 'freak'. I thought we (well, we in Europe at least) had got out of that kind of mentality c.1945.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't daddy Bush quoted in 1987 as saying something along the lines of: to be non-christian is to be un-American and such people should have their citizenship revoked.

What Messianic nonsense are you talking about? The only time the President mentions his faith for the most part is when he asked about it.

And I am rather curious where you get 1945 as a reference when Europe got rid of the religious mentality.

insein said:
http://www.house.gov/Constitution/Amend.html

What does worry me is that Islam is being favored over other religions with respect to its specific requests such as Call to prayer in Arabic 5 times a day over public loud speakers, being allowed to wear full head scarves for Driver's licenses photos, etc. That to me is a violation of the 1st ammendment.

Hey! You should emigrate to France then. They've done away with all that stuff - in public services at least. They DO have proper sep. of church and state!

Forum List

Back