Chubby Boy Scouts Need Not Apply

Here is where you lose it.

The idea is good, and I don't mind you making the stretch that scouting is a 'Liberal idea,' although the long time battle about gays in the scouts may be a prob for you.....as is the pledge "To do my duty to God and my country..."

....but the knock against Liberals and Liberalism is that if they have an idea, they insist that it become a law rather than a suggestion.

Liberals don't 'discourage,' they mandate.

Get it?

Your new word for the day is 'Totalitarian.'

Learn it.

Your word for the day is sarcasm. You may never get it.

Your mode is "face saving"?

Too late.

I do not have to save face, you are one of the jokes on this board. You act as if no one can read what is being posted. This is not a private conversation.

The scouts, it seem, want to think of themselves as being a "big tent" operation.....but don't want to see any tents with stretch marks.....

1. "Scouts had to meet BMI and other health standards to go to rugged new West Virginia site.

2. .... Boy Scout Jamboree opened Monday .... with one big omission: Scouts who are dangerously overweight. Scout leaders designed the 10-day wilderness gathering in the New River Gorge region to be the most physically demanding ....

3. To be eligible for this year's mass gathering, ...Scouts whose BMI was 40 or above were banned from the 10,600-acre Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve, while those between 32 and 39.9 had to submit medical information to be approved.

4. "And that has motivated an enormous return in terms of both kids and adults getting serious about improving their health."

5. Scouts will be tested by such "high-adventure activities" as kayaking, rock-climbing, bouldering, skateboarding, mountain biking, BMX riding, gliding, a 3-mile hike uphill and a 3,000-foot-long zip line.

6. "Teaching Scouts and Scouters how to live a sustainable life, which includes a healthy lifestyle, and the health of our participants are important goals of the jamboree.

[ "sustainable"??? You know what that usually means...start marching Left-foot forward!]

7. ...began a health regimen to lose weight and attend the jamboree. But, for those who couldn't, most self-selected and chose not to apply,"

8. ... morbidly obese if he or she is 100 pounds over his or her ideal body weight and has a BMI of 40 or more, or 35 and above if the person has high blood pressure, diabetes or other obesity-related conditions.

9. ....30,000 Scouts and Venturers, plus 7,000 staff and adult leaders, are expected to attend,....

10. .... the first time that girls — from the Venturing program — will be part of the Jamboree."
Jamboree campers thinned out: No obese Boy Scouts
[I think this alon may, in fact, have the desired 'slimming' effect....]

Now...if they change the uniform to a simple black....or, perhaps, vertical stripes......

This just reinforces my opinion that some idiots are really out to destroy scouting.

Let your Sumo wrestler complete a 20 mile hike in the summer and we can talk. I would also call the zip lines off limits

Wrong again, sewer boy.

"Sumo Wrestler Breaks Record for Heaviest Man to Complete Marathon

LOS ANGELES -- Self-proclaimed "Fat Man" Kelly Gneiting set a Guinness World Record for the heaviest person to complete a marathon, taking nine hours, 48 minutes and 52 seconds to finish the Los Angeles event Sunday, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The 400-pound sumo wrestler out of eastern Idaho smashed the old mark of 275 pounds and easily bettered his own unofficial personal best of 11 hours 52 minutes and 11 seconds"
Sumo Wrestler Breaks Record for Heaviest Man to Complete Marathon | Fox News

9 hours and 48 minutes?

What? Did he stop at a hotdog truck every mile?

Let's see you do one schmuck....

Wrong again, sewer boy.

"Sumo Wrestler Breaks Record for Heaviest Man to Complete Marathon

LOS ANGELES -- Self-proclaimed "Fat Man" Kelly Gneiting set a Guinness World Record for the heaviest person to complete a marathon, taking nine hours, 48 minutes and 52 seconds to finish the Los Angeles event Sunday, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The 400-pound sumo wrestler out of eastern Idaho smashed the old mark of 275 pounds and easily bettered his own unofficial personal best of 11 hours 52 minutes and 11 seconds"
Sumo Wrestler Breaks Record for Heaviest Man to Complete Marathon | Fox News

9 hours and 48 minutes?

What? Did he stop at a hotdog truck every mile?

Let's see you do one schmuck....

Been there, done that in less than a third of the time

The Boy Scouts are not banning overweight scouts, they are just restricting them from attending a camp that requires rigorous physical activity.

The Boy Scouts have run the Philmont Scout Reservation in New Mexico for decades. Many scouts have been sent home early because they cannot complete the physical activities.

The scouts, it seem, want to think of themselves as being a "big tent" operation.....but don't want to see any tents with stretch marks.....

1. "Scouts had to meet BMI and other health standards to go to rugged new West Virginia site.

2. .... Boy Scout Jamboree opened Monday .... with one big omission: Scouts who are dangerously overweight. Scout leaders designed the 10-day wilderness gathering in the New River Gorge region to be the most physically demanding ....

3. To be eligible for this year's mass gathering, ...Scouts whose BMI was 40 or above were banned from the 10,600-acre Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve, while those between 32 and 39.9 had to submit medical information to be approved.

4. "And that has motivated an enormous return in terms of both kids and adults getting serious about improving their health."

5. Scouts will be tested by such "high-adventure activities" as kayaking, rock-climbing, bouldering, skateboarding, mountain biking, BMX riding, gliding, a 3-mile hike uphill and a 3,000-foot-long zip line.

6. "Teaching Scouts and Scouters how to live a sustainable life, which includes a healthy lifestyle, and the health of our participants are important goals of the jamboree.

[ "sustainable"??? You know what that usually means...start marching Left-foot forward!]

7. ...began a health regimen to lose weight and attend the jamboree. But, for those who couldn't, most self-selected and chose not to apply,"

8. ... morbidly obese if he or she is 100 pounds over his or her ideal body weight and has a BMI of 40 or more, or 35 and above if the person has high blood pressure, diabetes or other obesity-related conditions.

9. ....30,000 Scouts and Venturers, plus 7,000 staff and adult leaders, are expected to attend,....

10. .... the first time that girls — from the Venturing program — will be part of the Jamboree."

Now...if they change the uniform to a simple black....or, perhaps, vertical stripes......

Good on them. Hiking with fatties sucks. Most can't find a pack that works, few have the stamina , and they need more water to stay hydrated, not to mention that the fatties will likely not be used to this type of physicality. In my opinion, they should be working thees kids out and building them up for thees big hikes.

Good on them. Hiking with fatties sucks. Most can't find a pack that works, few have the stamina , and they need more water to stay hydrated, not to mention that the fatties will likely not be used to this type of physicality. In my opinion, they should be working thees kids out and building them up for thees big hikes.

Oh, yeah???

Well....who do you run to when you're lookin' for snacks????

You should be lucky enough to be as insecure as I.

Shield your eyes from my parhelion.

I see that your 'word of the day' toilet paper is pretty successful.

I use the word.....you didn't know it.....

So it seems I've taught you a new 'word of the day.'

You're so petty and so obvious.

Not a world of difference learning a word from you or toilet paper.

You insecurities are really showing.

When i took my eagle scout test, we had similar requirements. It just wasn't a blatant BMI test. We endured years of badge earning (some of which needed could not be obtained by someone severely over-weight or with health problems) in order to participate.

A three day survival hike through the NM desert was certainly going to put strain on a character with obesity problems. That said, we did have some bigger boys that participated and earned their eagle scout.

I see that your 'word of the day' toilet paper is pretty successful.

What is the 'toilet paper' reference?
Are you disparaging books?

And why are you so sensitive to the fact that my vocabulary is more extensive
than yours?

Oh....right....'cause you're a dope.

When i took my eagle scout test, we had similar requirements. It just wasn't a blatant BMI test. We endured years of badge earning (some of which needed could not be obtained by someone severely over-weight or with health problems) in order to participate.

A three day survival hike through the NM desert was certainly going to put strain on a character with obesity problems. That said, we did have some bigger boys that participated and earned their eagle scout.

I take it from your avi that you still live in the lean-to you built.

I take it from your avi that you still live in the lean-to you built.

:lol:

Well, i've built quite a few lean-to in my day, and assuming you know who that avi is, one could say i also enjoy good music.

That said, I've moved on to designing and building much bigger structures than woodland lean-to.

What is the 'toilet paper' reference?
Are you disparaging books?

And why are you so sensitive to the fact that my vocabulary is more extensive
than yours?

Oh....right....'cause you're a dope.

You are the one sensitive and insecure. Your name calling proves it.

Forum List

Back