Chubby Boy Scouts Need Not Apply

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
The scouts, it seem, want to think of themselves as being a "big tent" operation.....but don't want to see any tents with stretch marks.....

1. "Scouts had to meet BMI and other health standards to go to rugged new West Virginia site.

2. .... Boy Scout Jamboree opened Monday .... with one big omission: Scouts who are dangerously overweight. Scout leaders designed the 10-day wilderness gathering in the New River Gorge region to be the most physically demanding ....

3. To be eligible for this year's mass gathering, ...Scouts whose BMI was 40 or above were banned from the 10,600-acre Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve, while those between 32 and 39.9 had to submit medical information to be approved.

4. "And that has motivated an enormous return in terms of both kids and adults getting serious about improving their health."

5. Scouts will be tested by such "high-adventure activities" as kayaking, rock-climbing, bouldering, skateboarding, mountain biking, BMX riding, gliding, a 3-mile hike uphill and a 3,000-foot-long zip line.

6. "Teaching Scouts and Scouters how to live a sustainable life, which includes a healthy lifestyle, and the health of our participants are important goals of the jamboree.

[ "sustainable"??? You know what that usually means...start marching Left-foot forward!]

7. ...began a health regimen to lose weight and attend the jamboree. But, for those who couldn't, most self-selected and chose not to apply,"

8. ... morbidly obese if he or she is 100 pounds over his or her ideal body weight and has a BMI of 40 or more, or 35 and above if the person has high blood pressure, diabetes or other obesity-related conditions.

9. ....30,000 Scouts and Venturers, plus 7,000 staff and adult leaders, are expected to attend,....

10. .... the first time that girls — from the Venturing program — will be part of the Jamboree."
Jamboree campers thinned out: No obese Boy Scouts
[I think this alon may, in fact, have the desired 'slimming' effect....]

Now...if they change the uniform to a simple black....or, perhaps, vertical stripes......

The scouts, it seem, want to think of themselves as being a "big tent" operation.....but don't want to see any tents with stretch marks.....

1. "Scouts had to meet BMI and other health standards to go to rugged new West Virginia site.

2. .... Boy Scout Jamboree opened Monday .... with one big omission: Scouts who are dangerously overweight. Scout leaders designed the 10-day wilderness gathering in the New River Gorge region to be the most physically demanding ....

3. To be eligible for this year's mass gathering, ...Scouts whose BMI was 40 or above were banned from the 10,600-acre Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve, while those between 32 and 39.9 had to submit medical information to be approved.

4. "And that has motivated an enormous return in terms of both kids and adults getting serious about improving their health."

5. Scouts will be tested by such "high-adventure activities" as kayaking, rock-climbing, bouldering, skateboarding, mountain biking, BMX riding, gliding, a 3-mile hike uphill and a 3,000-foot-long zip line.

6. "Teaching Scouts and Scouters how to live a sustainable life, which includes a healthy lifestyle, and the health of our participants are important goals of the jamboree.

[ "sustainable"??? You know what that usually means...start marching Left-foot forward!]

7. ...began a health regimen to lose weight and attend the jamboree. But, for those who couldn't, most self-selected and chose not to apply,"

8. ... morbidly obese if he or she is 100 pounds over his or her ideal body weight and has a BMI of 40 or more, or 35 and above if the person has high blood pressure, diabetes or other obesity-related conditions.

9. ....30,000 Scouts and Venturers, plus 7,000 staff and adult leaders, are expected to attend,....

10. .... the first time that girls — from the Venturing program — will be part of the Jamboree."
Jamboree campers thinned out: No obese Boy Scouts
[I think this alon may, in fact, have the desired 'slimming' effect....]

Now...if they change the uniform to a simple black....or, perhaps, vertical stripes......

Hmmm...I wonder if some of it is also legal risk management.
The Scouts don't want to be sued when big/little Timmy has a heart attack on the hike.

Heaven forbid an organisation like the Scouts should discourage childhood obesity. Damn liberals.

Here is where you lose it.

The idea is good, and I don't mind you making the stretch that scouting is a 'Liberal idea,' although the long time battle about gays in the scouts may be a prob for you.....as is the pledge "To do my duty to God and my country..."

....but the knock against Liberals and Liberalism is that if they have an idea, they insist that it become a law rather than a suggestion.

Liberals don't 'discourage,' they mandate.

Get it?

Your new word for the day is 'Totalitarian.'

Learn it.

Well, since 60% of American kids are overweight they may just have a hard time recruiting members. And with criminal aliens flooding the country the way they are that number will increase since Hispanics have the highest obesity rate. Them and blacks. Soon we will be a majority fat, brown nation. Thin, white people will be scarce. Average-sized, white Boy Scouts will be rare...

Last edited:
Well, since 60% of American kids are overweight they may just have a hard time recruiting members. And with criminal aliens flooding the country the way they are that number will increase since Hispanics have the highest obesity rate. Them and blacks. Soon we will be a majority fat, brown nation. Thin, white people will be scarce. Average-sized, white Boy Scouts will be rare...

They could always form their own club.

"Soon we will be a majority fat, brown nation. Thin, white people will be scarce."

Speak for yourself, white man....

It seems prudent to me to restrict rigorous activity to those who are capable of safely participating.

All wilderness excursions have the potential of danger. If one person gets hurt or in trouble somehow then the entire group is put in danger. It's best to minimize that risk beforehand.

Common sense.

Heaven forbid an organisation like the Scouts should discourage childhood obesity. Damn liberals.

The idea is good, and I don't mind you making the stretch that scouting is a 'Liberal idea,' although the long time battle about gays in the scouts may be a prob for you.....as is the pledge "To do my duty to God and my country..."

....but the knock against Liberals and Liberalism is that if they have an idea, they insist that it become a law rather than a suggestion.

Get it?

Learn it.

Your word for the day is sarcasm. You may never get it.

The Scout Oath

On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up until now, the only part of that oath that was strictly enforced was "morally straight" which they took to mean....We don't need no gays

Good to see them enforcing the "physically strong" part

Get it?

Learn it.

Your word for the day is sarcasm. You may never get it.

Your mode is "face saving"?

Too late.

The Scout Oath

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up until now, the only part of that oath that was strictly enforced was "morally straight" which they took to mean....We don't need no gays

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxhKb-zZoWE]Sumo - YouTube[/ame]

Your word for the day is "Synonym"

Learn it.

The Scout Oath

Learn it.

Let your Sumo wrestler complete a 20 mile hike in the summer and we can talk. I would also call the zip lines off limits

The Scout Oath

Learn it.

Let your Sumo wrestler complete a 20 mile hike in the summer and we can talk. I would also call the zip lines off limits

Wrong again, sewer boy.

"Sumo Wrestler Breaks Record for Heaviest Man to Complete Marathon

LOS ANGELES -- Self-proclaimed "Fat Man" Kelly Gneiting set a Guinness World Record for the heaviest person to complete a marathon, taking nine hours, 48 minutes and 52 seconds to finish the Los Angeles event Sunday, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The 400-pound sumo wrestler out of eastern Idaho smashed the old mark of 275 pounds and easily bettered his own unofficial personal best of 11 hours 52 minutes and 11 seconds"
Sumo Wrestler Breaks Record for Heaviest Man to Complete Marathon | Fox News

Sumo - YouTube

Learn it.

Wrong again, sewer boy.

LOS ANGELES -- Self-proclaimed "Fat Man" Kelly Gneiting set a Guinness World Record for the heaviest person to complete a marathon, taking nine hours, 48 minutes and 52 seconds to finish the Los Angeles event Sunday, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The 400-pound sumo wrestler out of eastern Idaho smashed the old mark of 275 pounds and easily bettered his own unofficial personal best of 11 hours 52 minutes and 11 seconds"

9 hours and 48 minutes?

What? Did he stop at a hotdog truck every mile?

You can't be fat in the Scouts... but you are allowed to suck cock now, thanks to the Libberhoid agenda.

Wrong again, sewer boy.

9 hours and 48 minutes?

Good to see you retreat from the suggestion that he couldn't do the hike.....

...and, as for "Did he stop at a hotdog truck every mile" ....

...he'll be dropping by the sewer so you can ask him.

Wrong again, sewer boy.

9 hours and 48 minutes?

Good to see you retreat from the suggestion that he couldn't do the hike.....

...and, as for "Did he stop at a hotdog truck every mile" ....

...he'll be dropping by the sewer so you can ask him.

Sorry....but waddling 2.6 miles per hour is not a noteworthy achievement

You can't be fat in the Scouts... but you are allowed to suck cock now, thanks to the Libberhoid agenda.

I don't believe I'd go quite so far as you, but there is O'Sullivan's Law in effect:

"O'Sullivan's First Law: All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing. I cite as supporting evidence the ACLU, the Ford Foundation, and the Episcopal Church.
The reason is, of course, that people who staff such bodies tend to be the sort who don't like private profit, business, making money, the current organization of society, and, by extension, the Western world. At which point Michels's Iron Law of Oligarchy takes over — and the rest follows."
John O'Sullivan on O'Sullivan's First Law on National Review Online

The Left has moved society from a belief in things greater than ourselves, to a belief only in oneself.

"LONDON (AP) — Britain's Girl Guides have dropped a reference to God in their pledge.

Gone is the reference to loving God, replaced by a call to "be true to myself and develop my beliefs." The new pledge unveiled Wednesday does retain a reference to serving the queen.

The long established British scouting organization — officially named Girlguiding — says some 44,000 people responded to a call for consultations on the new pledge.

The pledge was last changed in 1994. The reference to God dates back to the founding of the Girl Guides in 1910. Earlier changes had been designed to make the pledge acceptable to people of many faiths, and now it has been changed in a way designed to keep non-religious girls (and their parents) from feeling excluded.

In another nod to changing times, the promise "to serve my queen and my country" has been altered to "serve the queen and my community."

The National Secular Society, which had lobbied for removing the reference to religion from the pledge, welcomed the news."
U.K. girl scouts drop reference to God in pledge

I don't believe it to be for the better.

Forum List

Back