Christie: ‘This Sharia Law Business Is Crap’

I have to join the repubs on the board and say that I'm all for religious persecution. High five!

Oddly enough, this thread reminded me that I've seen Fred Thompson on tv lately...

...hawking reverse mortgage scams to the old and gullible.

Charles' ruling was overturned last month by New Jersey's Appellate Court, which ruled that the husband's religious beliefs were irrelevant and that the judge, in taking them into consideration, "was mistaken."

Yes I know. The guy was just sentenced to five years. There was no doubt about his guilt. But no reprimand for the judge. In fact, I believe he was reappointed - by Christie.

Restraining orders can mean life or death for battered victims. He's lucky this 17 year old bride lived to tell her tale. Thank goodnss for those "anti-Sharia" folks.

All the wife beaters I'm familiar with, except this guy, were non-Muslims.

That's not the point and you know it. However....

The Appeals Court ruling notes, "The imam testified regarding Islamic law as it relates to sexual behavior. The imam confirmed that a wife must comply with her husband's sexual demands, because the husband is prohibited from obtaining sexual satisfaction elsewhere.

"However, a husband was forbidden to approach his wife 'like any animal.' ... he acknowledged that New Jersey law considered coerced sex between married people to be rape."

Read more: Advocates of Anti-Shariah Measures Alarmed by Judge's Ruling - FoxNews.com

The imam testified that marital rape was permissible under Islamic law. And this judge, Joseph Charles, decided that Islamic law trumped NJ law.

If they permit Sharia Law family courts, do you think marital rape will be considered a crime?

Yes I know. The guy was just sentenced to five years. There was no doubt about his guilt. But no reprimand for the judge. In fact, I believe he was reappointed - by Christie.

Restraining orders can mean life or death for battered victims. He's lucky this 17 year old bride lived to tell her tale. Thank goodnss for those "anti-Sharia" folks.

All the wife beaters I'm familiar with, except this guy, were non-Muslims.

That's not the point and you know it. However....

The Appeals Court ruling notes, "The imam testified regarding Islamic law as it relates to sexual behavior. The imam confirmed that a wife must comply with her husband's sexual demands, because the husband is prohibited from obtaining sexual satisfaction elsewhere.

"However, a husband was forbidden to approach his wife 'like any animal.' ... he acknowledged that New Jersey law considered coerced sex between married people to be rape."

Read more: Advocates of Anti-Shariah Measures Alarmed by Judge's Ruling - FoxNews.com

The imam testified that marital rape was permissible under Islamic law. And this judge, Joseph Charles, decided that Islamic law trumped NJ law.

If they permit Sharia Law family courts, do you think marital rape will be considered a crime?

His decision was overturned. The system functioned as expected.

Who cant love Chris Christie? All he has to do is announce and show up and he's the next Commander in Chief.

And imagine the simple campaign message.................

"You want 4 more years of 1% growth and no jobs or 4 years of 5% growth and millions of jobs? You want 4 more years of Hope and Change and historic job losses or 4 years of a booming economy?"
He's a fatso...as much as you'd like to think he's a viable candidate...he's not.

Face it bub...America loves a pretty face.

Christie...is not it.

Christie probably got angry about the personal attacks on his friend because he's tired of the personal attacks about himself.

"Muslims can't be good judges" "Fat people can't govern"

It's amazing that the haters can't see the hypocrisy. Not.

Last edited:
Who cant love Chris Christie? All he has to do is announce and show up and he's the next Commander in Chief.

"You want 4 more years of 1% growth and no jobs or 4 years of 5% growth and millions of jobs? You want 4 more years of Hope and Change and historic job losses or 4 years of a booming economy?"
He's a fatso...as much as you'd like to think he's a viable candidate...he's not.

Christie...is not it.

Having watched Christie for many years, his Achilles heel is not his weight but his tendency to be a bully. He does not handle personal criticism well and as a presidential candidate, he will receive a lot of criticism

His tendency to personally attack those who are questioning him does not make for good soundbites in this YouTube society.

Christie...is not it.

Having watched Christie for many years, his Achilles heel is not his weight but his tendency to be a bully. He does not handle personal criticism well and as a presidential candidate, he will receive a lot of criticism

His tendency to personally attack those who are questioning him does not make for good soundbites in this YouTube society.

New Jersey Poltics in general are very personal. I live in NY, but I get the Jersey ads on TV and Radio around election time, and all Jersey races go negative right off the bat. In NYC it usually takes a few weeks for the attack ads to come out, but In Jersey they start right out of the gate.

New Topics

Forum List

Back