Jehovah's Witnesses

Christian Science

Armstrongism

Christadelphians

Oneness Pentecostals

Unification Church

Unity School of Christianity

Scientology - Dianetics
Every Christian cherry picks what they'll believe and what they won't believe. Just like you.
You are accusing me of what you do, Taz.
The truth can't be cherry picked.
Not objective truth. Just subjective truth or the perception of truth.

Mormonism - Latter-day Saints

Jehovah's Witnesses

Christian Science

Armstrongism

Christadelphians

Oneness Pentecostals

Unification Church

Scientology - Dianetics
Every Christian cherry picks what they'll believe and what they won't believe. Just like you.
There is only truth, the rest is just bullshit.

Mormonism - Latter-day Saints

Jehovah's Witnesses

Christian Science

Armstrongism

Christadelphians

Oneness Pentecostals

Unification Church

Scientology - Dianetics
There is only truth, the rest is just bullshit.
Which truth is that, Taz?

I don't see it as a twist of scripture but as a setting straight of false orthodox dogma.

Where in scripture do you find that God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are three separate persons but one single being?

If they were a single being, then you must believe that the Father and the Holy Ghost have a body of flesh and bones since they are the same being as Jesus.

If the oneness of God means they are the same being, then that would mean that we can become that same being also according to John

John 17:22
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Can we all become the same being?

If God is incomprehensible, how then can we come to know him and have eternal life?

John 17:3
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

If God the Father and Jesus are the same being, how could the Father ever forsake Jesus or how could they have differing wills?

Mark 15:34
34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Luke 22:42
42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

These are troubling questions brought about by the incomprehensible creeds of the 3rd century after Christ.

Why do Protestants carry on the creeds of the Catholics from who they split away from?
The Bible is a how to book. How to live life and how not to live life. It is not an instruction book on how to become a god. Too often it is used to focus on the destination when in reality it is describing the journey.

Instead of focusing on what happens after this life, we all need to focus on what happens in this life. God may experience time all at once but we don't. The only time we can experience God is in the present.

I don't see it as a twist of scripture but as a setting straight of false orthodox dogma.

Where in scripture do you find that God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are three separate persons but one single being?

If they were a single being, then you must believe that the Father and the Holy Ghost have a body of flesh and bones since they are the same being as Jesus.

If the oneness of God means they are the same being, then that would mean that we can become that same being also according to John

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

If God is incomprehensible, how then can we come to know him and have eternal life?

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

If God the Father and Jesus are the same being, how could the Father ever forsake Jesus or how could they have differing wills?

34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

These are troubling questions brought about by the incomprehensible creeds of the 3rd century after Christ.

Why do Protestants carry on the creeds of the Catholics from who they split away from?
The Bible is a how to book. How to live life and how not to live life. It is not an instruction book on how to become a god. Too often it is used to focus on the destination when in reality it is describing the journey.

Instead of focusing on what happens after this life, we all need to focus on what happens in this life. God may experience time all at once but we don't. The only time we can experience God is in the present.

Nice post...

Just one question.. When are you going to get around to renouncing the superstitious and irrational belief in a nonexistent trinity that became an edible man so that you can experience God in the present?

Nice post...

Just one question.. When are you going to get around to renouncing the superstitious and irrational belief in a nonexistent trinity that became an edible man so that you can experience God in the present?
Why should I? It works for me. I've never been one to criticize what works for others.

Even in this discussion with onefour1 I am not criticizing his beliefs. I don't have to agree with his beliefs but there is no need for me to criticize him or his beliefs. I have a very good friend who is a Mormon. My neighbors are Mormons. Great humans. Salt of the earth. Better people than me by far. Their faith works for them. It's not like there are multiple Creators out there. There is only one. He does not care how you see him or what name you call him. If he is a part of your life, if you have a relationship with him, if you call him, he will answer.

All I was really after in my discussion with onefour1 was for him to admit that his faith believes that all of God's prophets have been corrupted, that his faith teaches that their prophets have not been corrupted. Of course I happen to believe that we are all rebels. That we are all at war with God. That there is no such thing as a perfect man.

Of course I happen to believe that we are all rebels. That we are all at war with God. That there is no such thing as a perfect man.

If you are at war with God perhaps you should reconsider your place in the universe? lol... Then if you need more than three minutes to think before you stop defying the law of God and perjuring yourself in his name by perpetuating the belief in a trinity that does not correspond to any real living being ever in existence you might as well be resigned to continue stampeding off a cliff with the rest of the herd of unclean creatures that do not ruminate....

There is no such thing as the perfect man?

So?

The least you can do is strive to be a real one...

Last edited:
Of course I happen to believe that we are all rebels. That we are all at war with God. That there is no such thing as a perfect man.

If you are at war with God perhaps you should reconsider your place in the universe? lol... Then if you need more than three minutes to think before you stop defying the law of God and perjuring yourself in his name by perpetuating the belief in a trinity that does not correspond to any real living being ever in existence you might as well be resigned to continue stampeding off a cliff with the rest of the herd of unclean creatures that do not ruminate....

So?

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I believe that all men are at war with God. Some more so, some less so.

I always strive to be a good man. I think most do. Not many understand how bad they are though.

So?

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I believe that all men are at war with God. Some more so, some less so.

I always strive to be a good man. I think most do. Not many understand how bad they are though.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote..

Anyway its a good thing that you strive to be a good man. Maybe you don't understand how the church that you claim to belong to hobbles your ability to fulfill your professed intentions of being a good man by misrepresenting the very substance of the Body of Christ, the source of eternal life, by deceiving you into believing that The WORD OF GOD, the flesh and teaching of Jesus, is something that has no life and can be eaten by people without a sound being heard..

Don't you believe that you can do better than being bamboozled by that?

Try going back to the drawing board and thinking for yourself for a change more deeply than you have ever thought about anything before as if your life and very existence depended on it because it does.

Last edited:

So?

Anyway its a good thing that you strive to be a good man. Maybe you don't understand how the church that you claim to belong to hobbles your ability to fulfill your professed intentions of being a good man by misrepresenting the very substance of the Body of Christ, the source of eternal life, by deceiving you into believing that The WORD OF GOD, the flesh and teaching of Jesus, is something that has no life and can be eaten by people without a sound being heard..

Try going back to the drawing board and thinking for yourself for a change more deeply than you have ever thought about anything before as if your life and very existence depended on it because it does.
Bamboolzled by it? He transformed me through it.

I don't expect you to believe it because you do not believe that God was born into this world to testify to the truth. I do. It all makes perfect sense to me. I have thought through this for myself. There is no other logical explanation. He didn't give us that option. I am not blindly following dogma. I have tested it for myself.

So?

How did I misunderstand what you wrote?

So?

I don't expect you to believe it because you do not believe that God was born into this world to testify to the truth. I do. It all makes perfect sense to me. I have thought through this for myself. There is no other logical explanation. He didn't give us that option. I am not blindly following dogma. I have tested it for myself.

I hate to break the news to you but any perception that you might have about God transforming you is delusional.

You have allowed satan to enter your mind to perpetuate the evil of idolatry.

Now I know that you believe that you are having a religious experience every time you worship the eucharist or feel penitent that you are a bad catholic, and I agree.

Like a person condemned to death you are having a religious experience, its just not a very good one....

So?

The substance of the Body of Christ are the words that he spoke that form the body of teaching that came to him from God like bread from heaven and became his flesh, his teaching about how to correctly understand and conform to the divine commands leads to the fulfillment of the promise of eternal life.

In other words the Body of Christ is made of words that must be heard to received and digested though understanding.

You belong to a church that holds up a lifeless matzo made by human hands and brazenly proclaims "This is the body of Christ"..

Its just a lie that has taken root in in your head and defiled and contaminated your thought processes to the point where you cant see the absurdity of what you profess to believe which openly desecrate the teachings of Jesus and contradict the written word of God..

So?

I hate to break the news to you but any perception that you might have about God transforming you is delusional.

Now I know that you believe that you are having a religious experience every time you worship the eucharist or feel penitent that you are a bad catholic, and I agree.

Like a person condemned to death you are having a religious experience, its just not a very good one....
It's funny that you mention Satan because saying that it is delusional to believe that God is transforming us is something he would likely say. The reality is that he is pruning all of us. A morality progression does exist in reality.

You have a need to lash out against me. I have no such need.

So?

The substance of the Body of Christ are the words that he spoke that form the body of teaching that came to him from God like bread from heaven and became his flesh, his teaching about how to correctly understand and conform to the divine commands leads to the fulfillment of the promise of eternal life.

In other words the Body of Christ is made of words that must be heard to received and digested though understanding.

You belong to a church that holds up a lifeless matzo made by human hands and brazenly proclaims "This is the body of Christ"..

Its just a lie that has taken root in in your head and defiled and contaminated your thought processes to the point where you cant see the absurdity of what you profess to believe which openly desecrate the teachings of Jesus and contradict the written word of God..
I have chosen the better portion and it will not be taken from me.

So?

It's funny that you mention Satan because saying that it is delusional to believe that God is transforming us is something he would likely say. The reality is that he is pruning all of us. A morality progression does exist in reality.

You asked a question I told you the truth.

That is not me lashing out at you that is you feeling the weight...

The wages of sin are death.

You have willingly joined and support a church openly dedicated to desecrating the teachings of Jesus and practicing idolatry. A sin whose consequence is death.

If I had never come and pointed this out it would still be the truth but you would still be in the dark.

You can thank me some other time....

Last edited:

You asked a question I told you the truth.

That is not me lashing out at you that you feeling the weight...
What question did I ask?

I don't see a question there. I see an answer to a question you asked.

Last edited:

So?

For the record, what you wrote here ^ doesn't reconcile with the post (see quote below) you said I misunderstood?

Forum List

Back