Christian parents - what would you do if your son or daughter came out?

No one in my family has ever been treated differently because they happen to be gay. Nor has anyone been treated differently because their skin is a different color.... or because they follow a different faith.

I wish my family was like that ...

To say my uncle was strict and overprotective is an understatement. He didn't allow his kids to do anything. They were home-schooled, never allowed to go out with friends (hell ... they didn't HAVE friends). No TV, movies, radio, no sports or clubs ... no social life at all.

When the oldest hit 18, she was outta there. He had warned her if she dared to leave home before she was married (to a man he approved of), he'd disown her. But she left anyway and went buck wild --- drinking, drugs, running with guys who were abusive and criminals, homeless more often than not. She ended up pregnant and her baby was severely disabled. The sweetest child you'd ever want to meet. With that, my cousin finally matured and cleaned up her act and became an incredible young woman and mother. She's since married a great guy, but her father will have nothing to do with her or her kids. He spends his time locked up in his house, praying for her soul. I suppose he can't pray for his own, because he doesn't have one.

Read some really crazy article this week, where christian parents basically made their high school aged kid homeless and abandoned when he came out to them... I know christians have some fucked up views on homosexuality, but it is really that extreme?
I would tell her that she is wrong but love her all the same. Christian views on homosexuality is the correct one, according to Gods word. Gays views according to their master, satan, views are all screwed up.

Read some really crazy article this week, where christian parents basically made their high school aged kid homeless and abandoned when he came out to them... I know christians have some fucked up views on homosexuality, but it is really that extreme?

Some people can have a difficult time realizing they have failed as parents.

You see, this is why you should teach your children sex education as soon as they learn to listen and speak. By doing so you eliminate the need for them to try and figure this sex stuff out on their own, which is obviously causing some confusion out there for some of you.

If one of my daughters came out, then I have a sign of relief and tell the parents of her girlfriend, that she owes half for the wedding!

For my son I would beat him up, until he was straight! LOL. J/K

I actually think RICK SANTORUM said it best! Yep that old Rick Santorum who the left says gay bashing bigot.

QUOTE: “I would love him as much as I did the second before he said it. And I would do everything I can to be as good a father to him as possible” :clap2:

Note: the quote is in the last 10-15 secs of the short clip.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNW3hPEmpJ0]Rick Santorum's Response Regarding Gay Rights During the Republican New Hampshire Debate - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

If one of my daughters came out, then I have a sign of relief and tell the parents of her girlfriend, that she owes half for the wedding!

I actually think RICK SANTORUM said it best! Yep that old Rick Santorum who the left says is for gay bashing.

QUOTE: “I would love him as much as I did the second before he said it. And I would do everything I can to be as good a father to him as possible” :clap2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNW3hPEmpJ0]Rick Santorum's Response Regarding Gay Rights During the Republican New Hampshire Debate - YouTube[/ame]

It'd be nice if the status quo reps could be for gay rights without having to have a gay kid, see Dick Cheney.

No one in my family has ever been treated differently because they happen to be gay. Nor has anyone been treated differently because their skin is a different color.... or because they follow a different faith.

Good to know, I've seen no anti gay remarks from you Cali.

This likely has less to do with faith and more to do with fear and ignorance.

The typical answers:
-Intolerance
-Hate
-Bigotry
-Disownment

Either kill them or throw them out of the house. Right wingers only have two choices. Everyone knows that.

Why don't you homosexuals :eek: let actual right leaners (like myself) answer and not project your own ignorant perspective to which you obviously have no clue about!

Or better yet listen to RICK SANTORUM'S answer! It picture perfect and he said it without delay, thought or hestitation!

The typical answers:
-Intolerance
-Hate
-Bigotry
-Disownment

Either kill them or throw them out of the house. Right wingers only have two choices. Everyone knows that.

Why don't you homosexuals :eek: let actual right leaners (like myself) answer and not project your own ignorant perspective to which you obviously have no clue about!

Or better yet listen to RICK SANTORUM'S answer! It picture perfect and he said it without delay, thought or hestitation!

Like we want to hear even more hate, ignorance, intolerance, and bigotry.

Well I think the parent needs to ask themselves: "which is more important; that my child is happy with their partner and relationship or that I am happy with their partner and relationship?" They may want to also ask themselves: "what do I hope my child will have in a life partner?" Usually it will be someone who gives them support, love, comfort, confidence, security, compassion, and a sense of independence. If the child is receiving those things from a person of the same sex they may wish to ask themselves if it's worth it to try and take those things away from their child. What is the justification for attempting to destroy everything a parent would want for their child simply because the parents themselves are not comfortable with who is providing those things?

Now that being said parents do have the right to determine what happens under their roof. That is not to say that they should put their child on the street, but for example we have a "no sex and no overt affection" rule at our house (parents immune of course). That applies whether it's a homosexual relationship or a heterosexual relationship. I don't want to see my daughters making out on the couch with anyone; whether it's a boy or a girl. I know they do at other places, but it's just not something Dad wants to witness.

As far as their religious objections I would encourage them to educate themselves. Stop listening to what religious propagandists insist the Bible says and do their own research. They will find the Bible has nothing to say on the matter and their aversion lacks any real Biblical foundation.

Last edited:

Killing them is illegal.

Not unless your Muslim in a Muslim country! Then you better honor kill them otherwise the entire family goes on trial!

Just a suggestion you might be better in one of those barbaric Arab countries. They hate whites, blacks, gays, liberals, Americans and well anyone different and they keep their society nearly 100% homogenous! You would probably be happy there (or not)!

I'm not exactly sure. No, I do not approve of that lifestyle, and as long as they live in my house they will not be practicing that lifestyle, just like they will not be practicing any other lifestyle that goes against my values as their parent. Outside of my home, what they do is their business. I think any real concerned and loving parent would have a desire to be in their child's life no matter what lifestyle they were living or whether or not they approved. No I do not approve of homosexuality, but all have fallen short and forgiveness and long-suffering are foundations of my faith. If God had abandoned me when I was living in sin.

So you would do what the parents talked about in the OP did?

Um I think he has a point. I wouldn't want my kids (esp daughters) having any time of sexual relationships, whether it be gay or straight! I know it's a lot to ask for, since I had sex in highschool. I guess this will be one of those cases of do as I say not do as I have done! :eusa_shifty:

Killing them is illegal.

Not unless your Muslim in a Muslim country! Then you better honor kill them otherwise the entire family goes on trial!

Just a suggestion you might be better in one of those barbaric Arab countries. They hate whites, blacks, gays, liberals, Americans and well anyone different and they keep their society nearly 100% homogenous! You would probably be happy there (or not)!

This isn't a Muslim country. This is a country that was founded with the purpose of freedom and equal rights for all.

Now STFU.

I'm not exactly sure. No, I do not approve of that lifestyle, and as long as they live in my house they will not be practicing that lifestyle, just like they will not be practicing any other lifestyle that goes against my values as their parent. Outside of my home, what they do is their business. I think any real concerned and loving parent would have a desire to be in their child's life no matter what lifestyle they were living or whether or not they approved. No I do not approve of homosexuality, but all have fallen short and forgiveness and long-suffering are foundations of my faith. If God had abandoned me when I was living in sin.

So you would do what the parents talked about in the OP did?

Um I think he has a point. I wouldn't want my kids (esp daughters) having any time of sexual relationships, whether it be gay or straight! I know it's a lot to ask for, since I had sex in highschool. I guess this will be one of those cases of do as I say not do as I have done! :eusa_shifty:

Well he/she only said practicing that lifestyle. Young people can be gay and abstinent. Would a son holding another boy's hand warrant getting kicked out?

Killing them is illegal.

You are 100% right, that clown Ariux should move to Saudi Arabia or Iran.

I actually think RICK SANTORUM said it best! Yep that old Rick Santorum who the left says is for gay bashing.

It'd be nice if the status quo reps could be for gay rights without having to have a gay kid, see Dick Cheney.

I agree like Barrack Obama's stance! :eusa_silenced:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6K9dS9wl7U&feature=relmfu]Barack Obama on Gay Marriage - YouTube[/ame]

Rick Santorum's Response Regarding Gay Rights During the Republican New Hampshire Debate - YouTube

I agree like Barrack Obama's stance! :eusa_silenced:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6K9dS9wl7U&feature=relmfu]Barack Obama on Gay Marriage - YouTube[/ame]

I can understand that, why reps haven't shown more support for his homophobic stances is beyond me. No it isn't, not with american partisan hackery in full flight.

Obama is just as wrong on gays as the status quo reps are.

Like we want to hear even more hate, ignorance, intolerance, and bigotry.

I haven't hiddent the fact that I am not a Santorum fan, but you obviously hadn't heard the MINUTE long clip, because there isn't an ounce of hate or bigotry, rather only tolerance and love for his son!

Remind me I owe you another neg!

Forum List

Back