The Obituary of Jesus Christ

The Irish Ram

LITTLE GIRL / Ram Tough
Apr 10, 2011
diagonally parked in a parallel universe
I posted this last year, but thought maybe some newcomers might appreciate it.

The Obituary of Jesus Christ:

Calvary

Jesus, often known as the Christ, 33, Nazareth, died at approx. 3:00 p.m. on Friday, April 1, 33 AD at Golgotha, outside the walls of the City of Jerusalem, Israel.

He was born on October 9, 2 BC in Bethlehem to Mary, the virgin and his step father Joseph, better known as Joseph the Carpenter. Jesus never married.

Jesus grew up in humble dwellings learning the carpenter trade from his step father in Nazareth, where they settled after returning from an extended stay in Egypt. Jesus was at about age twelve, following the desires of his heart to follow his heavenly father’s teachings, began conversing with extreme knowledge with teachers in the temple. At age 30, Jesus set out to spread the good news of the kingdom of God, after his baptism by cousin, John the Baptist. God, his heavenly father placed a special anointing upon him, and he performed miracles and healings. Jesus traveled with 12 of his closest friends, which he called them disciples or fishers of men. Last Sunday, he entered Jerusalem, riding a donkey to many cheers. But by Thursday, after his last supper with his disciples, Jesus was betrayed by a friend, and taken to the courts of Herod, and Pilot, who finding no fault, went with the chants from the crowd crying “Crucify Him.” Jesus was whipped with a cat of nine tails within inches of his life, traveled the Via Dela Rosa, or the way of suffering to Golgotha where he was hung between two thieves. At approx 3 PM, Jesus asked God to “Forgive them, because they did not know what they were doing, and took his last breath, giving his life, not taken from him, but given as he said these final word. “Father to you, I commend my Spirit.”

The Body of Jesus was wrapped in a burial shroud and placed in a garden tomb outside the city walls in the tomb of Joseph of Arimathea.

Jesus enjoyed attending weddings, spending quality time with his friends around the dinner table, and he loved teaching about his heavenly father. He enjoyed fishing, boating and walking on the Sea of Galilee. He liked long hikes, and telling how much people were loved by his father. Jesus made an impact world wide. He is survived by hundreds of thousands of followers world wide, many of them living in the White County, IN area. He was preceded in death by cousin, John the Baptist, and Father Joseph.

A memorial service will be held on Friday, April 6, 2012

After 33 years of marriage, I doubt that one could call a married woman, such as Mary, a virgin.

After 33 years of marriage, I doubt that one could call a married woman, such as Mary, a virgin.

At the risk of being stoned to death, Mary was an unmarried teen when she acquiesced to the Holy Spirit. Joseph considered breaking the engagement when he found out she was pregnant, but God revealed His plan to Joseph and he married Mary. They did not consummate their union until after the birth of Jesus.

Forum List

Back