Christian parents - what would you do if your son or daughter came out?

So you would do what the parents talked about in the OP did?

Um I think he has a point. I wouldn't want my kids (esp daughters) having any time of sexual relationships, whether it be gay or straight! I know it's a lot to ask for, since I had sex in highschool. I guess this will be one of those cases of do as I say not do as I have done! :eusa_shifty:

Well he/she only said practicing that lifestyle. Young people can be gay and abstinent. Would a son holding another boy's hand warrant getting kicked out?

Even glup a sexual relationship, whether it be a gay or straight one, is not enough for me to kick him (or my daughters) out. Not even drug use, criminal activity or murder! I would never kick any of my kids out under any circumstances! Just want to be clear on that.

Their mother? That is a different story! J/K

Um I think he has a point. I wouldn't want my kids (esp daughters) having any time of sexual relationships, whether it be gay or straight! I know it's a lot to ask for, since I had sex in highschool. I guess this will be one of those cases of do as I say not do as I have done! :eusa_shifty:

Well he/she only said practicing that lifestyle. Young people can be gay and abstinent. Would a son holding another boy's hand warrant getting kicked out?

Even glup a sexual relationship, whether it be a gay or straight one, is not enough for me to kick him (or my daughters) out. Not even drug use, criminal activity or murder! I would never kick any of my kids out under any circumstances! Just want to be clear on that.

Their mother? That is a different story! J/K

I would throw a hardcore drug addict out of my home with no problem, no matter who they are to me.

It depends, is it a kid who says "I'm gay" or a kid who says "I'm gay and I want my unemployed boyfriend to move in here with me so you can support us both?

Sometimes kicking a kid out is the only thing a parent can do that's beneficial. Even birds have to kick fledglings out of the nest to make them fly.

Most of the time when gay kids are kicked out, they aren't really kicked out. Their parents refuse to recognize a homosexual relationship and refuse to consider the partner a member of the family so the kid chooses to leave.

Sometimes you have to kick them out because you have no spare bedrooms to move them into as it would be inappropriate they share bedrooms with the rest of your litter regardless of their gender or persuasion. And maybe you don't have a garage either, or you do but your car lives there already. And your can't put them in the basement, grandpa already lives down there.

Last edited:
Why do I get the feeling it would be easier to have a gay daughter than a gay son?

In any case, I would ask them if they are going to have kids and encourage them to "birth" a child through artificial means when they are able to take care of them.

Then I would lay the rule down--no sex until you're married. I know, but if you wish for me to treat you like you are straight, guess what! I am!

Sometimes you have to kick them out because you have no spare bedrooms to move them into as it would be inappropriate they share bedrooms with the rest of your litter regardless of their gender or persuasion. And maybe you don't have a garage either, or you do but your car lives there already. And your can't put them in the basement, grandpa already lives down there.

I have cousins, male and female, that shared the same bedroom for 5 years. Strong Blood relationships are a serious bar to sexual relations. Think about it. Could you imagine haveing sex with your full blood brother, sister or Birth parent?

Well, to make things sicker for us guys.

At some point your genitalia was inside your mother! Did you move around alot?

Why do I get the feeling it would be easier to have a gay daughter than a gay son?

In any case, I would ask them if they are going to have kids and encourage them to "birth" a child through artificial means when they are able to take care of them.

Then I would lay the rule down--no sex until you're married. I know, but if you wish for me to treat you like you are straight, guess what! I am!

Because society is harder on gay men than it is gay women.

Seems society and the media still say a gay woman can be effeminate, but a gay man can't be masculine.

Seems society and the media still say a gay woman can be effeminate, but a gay man can't be masculine.

You do kno that there are some very feminine gay women. I think those are called "Lillies".

And there are some manly hetero young girls. Those are called "Tomboys"

Lillies are prissy, but not. Tomboys are Butch, but not. Get it?

By the way, tomboy girls tend to be the most fun. Until they beat you up!!

It would be easier because gay females are tolerated more, gay men are looked at with less tolerance and people think its disgusting. People think 2 women together is hot so they can live with it.

You do kno that there are some very feminine gay women. I think those are called "Lillies".

Feminine gay women are normally referred to as lipstick lesbians, or lipsticks. A masculine lesbian is a dyke.

It would be easier because gay females are tolerated more, gay men are looked at with less tolerance and people think its disgusting. People think 2 women together is hot so they can live with it.

That's another good point. We talked about this before, but i bet all the guys who lie and pretend to be against gay women would be popping a pants tent if 2 hot women were getting it on on his computer moniter.

That's another good point. We talked about this before, but i bet all the guys who lie and pretend to be against gay women would be popping a pants tent if 2 hot women were getting it on on his computer moniter.

Of course, most of those guys who say they hate homosexuality really mean gay men, women having sex is perfectly fine as long as they are young and good looking.

Feminine gay women are normally referred to as lipstick lesbians, or lipsticks. A masculine lesbian is a dyke.

Down here in Birmingham they also call masculine lesbians Bulls.

I'm not exactly sure. No, I do not approve of that lifestyle, and as long as they live in my house they will not be practicing that lifestyle, just like they will not be practicing any other lifestyle that goes against my values as their parent. Outside of my home, what they do is their business. I think any real concerned and loving parent would have a desire to be in their child's life no matter what lifestyle they were living or whether or not they approved. No I do not approve of homosexuality, but all have fallen short and forgiveness and long-suffering are foundations of my faith. If God had abandoned me when I was living in sin.

So you would do what the parents talked about in the OP did?

No. Every parent has rules. In my house sex before marriage will be against the value system in my home period. If you disobey the rules in any case you will be subject to punishment. If you engage in sexual acts and I find out (gay or straight) you'll be punished, and you will know why you are punished, and you will remain punished until such activities cease or your old enough to live on your own so I can't punish you. No I do not believe in kicking children out of their homes. Did I make myself any clearer?

Forum List

Back