Christian parents - what would you do if your son or daughter came out?

No one in my family has ever been treated differently because they happen to be gay. Nor has anyone been treated differently because their skin is a different color.... or because they follow a different faith.

Same here. One Step Son. When he finally made the official announcement, I think he was the only one surprised. That said I don't think Unconditional Love is supposed to have Exceptions or Clauses. :)

Why don't you homosexuals :eek: let actual right leaners (like myself) answer and not project your own ignorant perspective to which you obviously have no clue about!

Or better yet listen to RICK SANTORUM'S answer! It picture perfect and he said it without delay, thought or hestitation!

Rick Santorum's Response Regarding Gay Rights During the Republican New Hampshire Debate - YouTube

Like we want to hear even more hate, ignorance, intolerance, and bigotry.

I haven't hiddent the fact that I am not a Santorum fan, but you obviously hadn't heard the MINUTE long clip, because there isn't an ounce of hate or bigotry, rather only tolerance and love for his son!

Remind me I owe you another neg!

Coming right back at ya!

Santorum Vows To Unmarry 131,000 Same-Sex Couples | The New Civil Rights Movement

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2MKZZ9c4kQ]Rick Santorum's Stance on Birth Control - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYSPqsVRMtg&feature=related]Santorum's Racist Gaffe - YouTube[/ame]

What would I do? Live with it. I have always told my kids that I could think of nothing they could do that would make me love them less. That means homosexuality and even murder. God doesn't love them less if they are gay, why should I.

Now, that doesn't mean that I would allow them to cohabitate with their gay lovers under my roof, but neither would I allow them to cohabitate with straight lovers under my roof unless they were married and needed a place to stay when times are hard.

Immie

I'm not exactly sure. No, I do not approve of that lifestyle, and as long as they live in my house they will not be practicing that lifestyle, just like they will not be practicing any other lifestyle that goes against my values as their parent. Outside of my home, what they do is their business. I think any real concerned and loving parent would have a desire to be in their child's life no matter what lifestyle they were living or whether or not they approved. No I do not approve of homosexuality, but all have fallen short and forgiveness and long-suffering are foundations of my faith. If God had abandoned me when I was living in sin.

I was hoping this would be the most common answer. Certainly no one can reasonably expect you to allow it in your house, but to disown your kids seems crazy to me.

What would I do? Live with it. I have always told my kids that I could think of nothing they could do that would make me love them less. That means homosexuality and even murder. God doesn't love them less if they are gay, why should I.

Now, that doesn't mean that I would allow them to cohabitate with their gay lovers under my roof, but neither would I allow them to cohabitate with straight lovers under my roof unless they were married and needed a place to stay when times are hard.

Immie

Ditto here, well said.

Read some really crazy article this week, where christian parents basically made their high school aged kid homeless and abandoned when he came out to them... I know christians have some fucked up views on homosexuality, but it is really that extreme?

Some people can have a difficult time realizing they have failed as parents.

You see, this is why you should teach your children sex education as soon as they learn to listen and speak. By doing so you eliminate the need for them to try and figure this sex stuff out on their own, which is obviously causing some confusion out there for some of you.

pretty sure you are trolling...

I grew up in the 50s and 60s in the deep south and played a lot of football. I am a southern speakin, tobacco chewin, beer swillin, flannel shirt wearin, likker sippin, happily married for 36 years straight male, gun totin, deer huntin, fishing fanatic country boy.
We have homosexuals in my family. We are Christlike and treat everyone as equals and love them unconditionally.
Most importantly we are not ashamed to admit it and stand with these folks that there is not a damn thing wrong with. In fact all of them have done very well for themselves and are professionals.
Amazing how much they accomplish with the ignorance still rampant in America.

I grew up in the 50s and 60s in the deep south and played a lot of football. I am a southern speakin, tobacco chewin, beer swillin, flannel shirt wearin, likker sippin, happily married for 36 years straight male, gun totin, deer huntin, fishing fanatic country boy.

Lucky you, ha. Had you been accidentally swapped at birth with a muslim extremists baby born on the same day, what are the chances you would have grown up to be the same as you are now today?

Humans are programmable slave robots. They become whatever you program them to be, be it christian, muslim, communist, gay, straight, dumb, smart, etc. Proof is all around us.

Santorum Vows To Unmarry 131,000 Same-Sex Couples | The New Civil Rights Movement

Rick Santorum says he’ll try to unmarry all of them if he’s elected president.

Once the U.S. Constitution is amended to prohibit same-gender marriages, “their marriage would be invalid,” the former Pennsylvania senator said Dec. 30 in an NBC News interview.

“We can’t have 50 different marriage laws in this country,” he said. “You have to have one marriage law.”

The authoritarianism of the right, the conservative hatred of diversity and dissent, the republican obsession to compel all to conform.

And in Santorum’s case, it’s clearly fear and ignorance.

We have homosexuals in my family. We are Christlike and treat everyone as equals and love them unconditionally.
Most importantly we are not ashamed to admit it and stand with these folks that there is not a damn thing wrong with. In fact all of them have done very well for themselves and are professionals.
Amazing how much they accomplish with the ignorance still rampant in America.

Shouldn't you be more amazed at how much has changed?

I would tell them they are too young to make a decision like this and to wait until they're older. Until then, they are not to date or to broadcast their sexuality as alleged homosexual children any more than they were allowed to date or broadcast their sexuality as hetero children.

I actually have had this discussion with kids before.

Like we want to hear even more hate, ignorance, intolerance, and bigotry.

I haven't hiddent the fact that I am not a Santorum fan, but you obviously hadn't heard the MINUTE long clip, because there isn't an ounce of hate or bigotry, rather only tolerance and love for his son!

Remind me I owe you another neg!

Coming right back at ya!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2MKZZ9c4kQ]Rick Santorum's Stance on Birth Control - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYSPqsVRMtg&feature=related]Santorum's Racist Gaffe - YouTube[/ame]
Rickie wants a theocracy so bad he can taste it.

Not according to what he actually said.

But don't let you stop that from spreading the anti-Christian hatred.

New Topics

Forum List

Back