Christian mean "christ like"

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
CHRISTIAN MEAN "CHRIST LIKE"
But I do not see that in those who profess the loudest to be Christians and accuse others of being infidels and un-Christian when they act as infidels and un-Christian themselves.

BEING LIKE CHRIST
The true heart of Christian living is found in a Christian learning to be like Jesus. A Christian can attend worship and can study his Bible and still not be a successful Christian. No Christian is a successful Christian until he tries to have the way of Jesus in his own life.

The word "Christian" means "Christ-like." The true meaning of being "Christian" is learning to live and act like Christ. If you cannot see Christ in a Christian's life, that Christian is a spiritual failure. Paul expressed deep sorrow and great pain for some Christians in Galatia because Christ was not yet formed in them (Galatians 4:19).

In what ways should a Christian be Christ-like? (1) He should learn to think and reason as Christ thought (Ephesians 4:21-24). (2) He should learn to love and obey God as Christ loved and obeyed God (Philippians 2:5-8). (3) He should learn to love and to help people as Christ did (all gospels). (4) He should seek to make his life pure as Christ was pure (I John 3:2-3). (5) He should seek to be holy (to belong to God only) as Christ was holy (I Peter 1:13-16).

http://www.westarkchurchofchrist.org/ch ... sson14.htm

It is laughable to hear those Christians talk about their religion and beliefs. :lol:

CHRISTIAN MEAN "CHRIST LIKE"
But I do not see that in those who profess the loudest to be Christians and accuse others of being infidels and un-Christian when they act as infidels and un-Christian themselves.

BEING LIKE CHRIST
The true heart of Christian living is found in a Christian learning to be like Jesus. A Christian can attend worship and can study his Bible and still not be a successful Christian. No Christian is a successful Christian until he tries to have the way of Jesus in his own life.

The word "Christian" means "Christ-like." The true meaning of being "Christian" is learning to live and act like Christ. If you cannot see Christ in a Christian's life, that Christian is a spiritual failure. Paul expressed deep sorrow and great pain for some Christians in Galatia because Christ was not yet formed in them (Galatians 4:19).

In what ways should a Christian be Christ-like? (1) He should learn to think and reason as Christ thought (Ephesians 4:21-24). (2) He should learn to love and obey God as Christ loved and obeyed God (Philippians 2:5-8). (3) He should learn to love and to help people as Christ did (all gospels). (4) He should seek to make his life pure as Christ was pure (I John 3:2-3). (5) He should seek to be holy (to belong to God only) as Christ was holy (I Peter 1:13-16).

http://www.westarkchurchofchrist.org/ch ... sson14.htm

It is laughable to hear those Christians talk about their religion and beliefs. :lol:

I think all true Christians do try to have the way of Jesus in their lives. But, we're all human, and there is NO perfect human on this earth. All Jesus wants is that we TRY. He knows what's in our hearts, and he knows we're not perfect.

I agree with all the ways you listed to be Christ-like. However, #3 could be misunderstood by some people. Yes, we're to love and help others, but it should be made clear...we should help others that truly need help, and are not just being lazy and wanting handouts. Jesus said (paraphrased) if you don't work, you don't eat. He was talking about people that CAN work, but just don't want to and are lazy. We are to try to help people that are down on their luck and need "temporary" help.

Forum List

Back