Christian couple charged with murder after baby dies of starvation

Anything that's not true isn't actually science. Sometimes scientists are wrong about science.

Now you're just a glassy-eyed religious freak about science. You're just putting blind faith in science. You realize this, right?

Because what you're spewing isn't ACTUALLY the definition of science. The definition of science is not "Whatever is true".

It is:

the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

Just out of curiosity, are you religious?

What does that have anything to do with your religious belief in science?

I'm just curious.

I am an evangelical Christian. So far we are both religious. I have faith in God, and you have faith in Science. I think God is never wrong, and you think Science is never wrong.

Oh, but science IS wrong, and that can be proven.

Huh.

Scientists use the scientific method in an attempt to understand science. The method isn't the science itself, and the method doesn't always lead to understanding the true nature of science. I guess you look at it differently. It's all good.

Anything that's not true isn't actually science. Sometimes scientists are wrong about science.

Now you're just a glassy-eyed religious freak about science. You're just putting blind faith in science. You realize this, right?

Because what you're spewing isn't ACTUALLY the definition of science. The definition of science is not "Whatever is true".

It is:

the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

I'm just curious.

I am an evangelical Christian. So far we are both religious. I have faith in God, and you have faith in Science. I think God is never wrong, and you think Science is never wrong.

Huh.
science is about learning.

there's not much right or wrong in learning except not doing it anymore.

It is:

I'm just curious.

Huh.

Scientists use the scientific method in an attempt to understand science. The method isn't the science itself, and the method doesn't always lead to understanding the true nature of science. I guess you look at it differently. It's all good.

The method is the science. When they were doling out Thalidomide, they called that "science". Sure enough they did.

It is:

I'm just curious.

Huh.
science is about learning.

there's not much right or wrong in learning except not doing it anymore.

I agree--science is the methodology and the study. A poster here says it's not "science" however until you get to the true/right answer. That's not the actual definition though.

It is:

I'm just curious.

Huh.

Also just saying you "look at things differently" is not a very scientific approach is it? Don't you want to apply the true definition if you're trying to be....scientific?

It's facts and evidence. It's not up for debate.

I'm glad to hear this from a religious person.

Do you often make category errors?

Honestly I've just been toying with you for a while now.

No you haven't. You've been soundly trounced.

ETA: But I don't really care about "trouncing" you--I do care very much about science-as-religion though. Because it's beyond silly.

It's facts and evidence. It's not up for debate.

Oh, my bad.

It's nothing personal. People put their faith in what doesn't deserve faith. Like science. Science doesn't deserve your faith. It really doesn't. It's just the process of investigation and it fails.

Oh, my bad.

It's nothing personal. People put their faith in what doesn't deserve faith. Like science. Science doesn't deserve your faith. It really doesn't. It's just the process of investigation and it fails.

Okie dokie.

Atheists usually provide pretty good fodder. ;)

I happen to think atheists are just as arrogant and ridiculous as religious people.
man, what else is left? apathetic?

I'm agnostic. I'm not stupid enough to believe I know the unknowable for certain.

That's interesting. I'm an evangelical Christian. I'm about 99.5% sure God is real, He's the Creator and King of the universe and Jesus Christ is His only Son. However, I'm not 100% sure. I mean to be honest, I"m not 100% sure I'm typing on this keyboard right now. I had a really bizarre dream last night (thanks, midlife). What if THAT is the reality and THIS is the dream???

Holy smokes, I'm not really 100% sure about much of anything. Who is?

"it is believed that Fusari is pregnant with her fourth child." Hard to believe the forth child, if born, will have a better chance in life because of the imprisonment of its mother than not.

Oh, my bad.

Okie dokie.
Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time on her.

That's interesting. I'm an evangelical Christian. I'm about 99.5% sure God is real, He's the Creator and King of the universe and Jesus Christ is His only Son.

Is science wrong about evolution? Just curious again.

Forum List

Back