Christian couple charged with murder after baby dies of starvation

This type of ignorance crosses boundaries.

Italian upper house votes to overturn mandatory vaccinations

Parents in Italy are no longer obliged to have their children vaccinated against measles, despite a recent surge in cases of the disease in the country.

Italy’s upper house voted through legislation from the ruling anti-establishment government to remove a law that requires children to have 10 vaccinations before enrolling in state schools

The law came into effect in March after a measles outbreak affected almost 5,000 people and killed four.

Its all part of conspiracy theory culture. More so than "Christian" beliefs. Its a new religion with its own belief structure.

Getting vaccinated is an excellent idea, especially against the most dangerous diseases.

However, having the GOV'T tell you that you will have foreign substances put into your body against your will is a very, very bad idea.

I can see both sides. Vaccines are good. Mandating that vaccines WILL happen is very bad.

Science is our friend, people.

Sometimes. Sometimes science teaches us stone cold stupid stuff.

Stone. Cold. Stupid.

Such as?

Oh hey here's a great one. My mother, while pregnant with me, was given DIET PILLS to take. Why? Her weight gain was nearing 25 pounds and that was just too much back then.

Please note: she weighed 85 lbs when she got pg with me. Yes, read that again. She is very small and tiny. Yes. We know NOW that she needed all that weight, and probably more, to avoid preterm labor and to grow me. However, her doctor, a man of "science", gave her DIET PILLS because "science" said back then not to gain more than 15 lbs.

Thank Jesus, she took them once, felt like crap, and threw them away. Her body knew.

Stone. Cold. Stupid.

Such as?

Oh hey here's a great one. My mother, while pregnant with me, was given DIET PILLS to take while she was pg with me. Why? Her weight gain was nearing 25 pounds and that was just too much back then.

Please note: she weighed 85 lbs when she got pg with me. Yes, read that again. She is very small and tiny. Yes. We know NOW that she needed all that weight, and probably more, to avoid preterm labor and to grow me. However, her doctor, a man of "science", gave her DIET PILLS because "science" said back then not to gain more than 15 lbs.

Thank Jesus, she took them once, felt like crap, and threw them away. Her body knew.

Sometimes stupid things happen along the way to understanding actual science.

Stone. Cold. Stupid.

Such as?

Reeeeaaaaaallllllyyyy????

Thalidomide.

The super low-fat, high-carb diet of the 80s.

or one that I did in the 80s, taking Seldane WITH grapefruit juice. Man, glad that didn't turn out bad for me....yeesh.

How many do you need?

You're conflating science and bullshit. Fad diets are not science.

Oh please, this crap was recommended by the Centers for Disease Control in the 80s. Scientists all.

Stone. Cold. Stupid.

Such as?

Oh hey here's a great one. My mother, while pregnant with me, was given DIET PILLS to take while she was pg with me. Why? Her weight gain was nearing 25 pounds and that was just too much back then.

I laughed out loud. Right out loud. So all the mistrials are the FAKE SCIENCE and when science gets it right, finally, THAT is the real science.

Laughed. Out. Loud.

Stone. Cold. Stupid.

Such as?

I laughed out loud. Right out loud. So all the mistrials are the FAKE SCIENCE and when science gets it right, finally, THAT is the real science.

Laughed. Out. Loud.

Anything that's not true isn't actually science. Sometimes scientists are wrong about science.

Stone. Cold. Stupid.

Such as?

Seriously, that comment is so inane it could only come from a false religious belief. LOL

Stone. Cold. Stupid.

Such as?

Laughed. Out. Loud.

Anything that's not true isn't actually science. Sometimes scientists are wrong about science.

Now you're just a glassy-eyed religious freak about science. You're just putting blind faith in science. You realize this, right?

Because what you're spewing isn't ACTUALLY the definition of science. The definition of science is not "Whatever is true".

It is:

the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

Laughed. Out. Loud.

Now you're just a glassy-eyed religious freak about science. You're just putting blind faith in science. You realize this, right?

Because what you're spewing isn't ACTUALLY the definition of science. The definition of science is not "Whatever is true".

It is:

the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

Just out of curiosity, are you religious?

Laughed. Out. Loud.

It is:

What does that have anything to do with your religious belief in science?

Laughed. Out. Loud.

It is:

I'm just curious.

Yes, but you Science worshippers push their decrees as FACT

Like this:

"Science is NEVER WRONG!!11!! But when it was wrong....it wasn't really science anyway!!!!"

Oh man, this thread has been a barrel of chuckles this morning, and when I say that I always mean it literally. I laugh easily. Atheists usually provide pretty good fodder. ;)

I've seen similar cases where lactation experts berate women who don't produce milk and bully them into witholding the bottle and formula. The baby dies. The parents are punished and the so called experts get off.
sorry. no one would bully me and stop me from taking care of my or any child.

Laughed. Out. Loud.

It is:

I'm just curious.

I am an evangelical Christian. So far we are both religious. I have faith in God, and you have faith in Science. I think God is never wrong, and you think Science is never wrong.

Oh, but science IS wrong, and that can be proven.

Huh.

Forum List

Back