Christian bakers who refused cake order for gay wedding forced to close shop

Faggots and their rabid supporters have become today's brown shirt Nazis. .. :evil:

spoken like a true bigot...remind me again..when were brown shirts murdered for their beliefs and exiled...go on sunni....tell me that story

you have the right to refuse service to anyone but you must deal with the consequences of your actions ..... hate never brings on good

The only thing I see here is that the lesbian couple filed a complaint with the state. Who is not taking the threats against them seriously or investigating them apparently.

They weren't forced to close. They were pursuaded to do sop. The threats against them is another matter entirely, including harrassment. The couple that was declined their cake should obviously, go eat cake. It's not anyones responsiblility to make them a cake. For whatever reason that business chooses. Ethically, morally or lawfully.

Faggots and their rabid supporters have become today's brown shirt Nazis. .. :evil:

spoken like a true bigot...remind me again..when were brown shirts murdered for their beliefs and exiled...go on sunni....tell me that story

you have the right to refuse service to anyone but you must deal with the consequences of your actions ..... hate never brings on good
Not wanting to bake cakes for gays doesn't equal hate.......just personal conviction.

And like I said before.

The bakery should have compromised and offered 'Fruitcakes' for their gay customers. .. :cool:

this is when the brown shirts were murdered for their beliefs

Night of the Long Knives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any threats by people against the baking couple are wrong and need to be investigated.

Any boycotts and people using their free speech to castigate them for their bigotry and violating the law is fair game.

Nothing wrong with boycotts, but when you use the government to force people to go against thier religous beliefs, then there is a problem.

When gay bars, clubs, coffee shops and restaurants refuse entry to women( pun not intended) should women boycott those venues?
Is there a law preventing such elitist segregation?
Reports of increasing assaults in PTown MA against the local fishing community.
The breeders are being forced out.

i have never been ask to leave a gay bar....you do realize that a gay bar allows male and female gays...

the only time anything has been closed off to me...i was in a gay book store for men....i was ask to stay in the front of the bookstore and not to enter the back areas which were reading rooms for the men only.....i thought the term 'reading rooms' was polite and quaint lol

Christian bakers who refused cake order for gay wedding forced to close shop - Washington Times

A year ago I would have said 'good.' But actually seeing that it happened, - I don't like how this feels. They shouldn't have been treated as they have been treated, not in my estimation.

Some of those threats were shocking. One emailer wished for the couple’s children to fall ill. Another expressed hope that Mr. Klein should be shot and even raped, The Blaze reported.

And yet another wrote: “Here’s hoping you go out of business, you bigot.”
The couple said on top of that, their vendors were “badgered and harassed” into stopping all associations with the bakery.

The Kleins say they’re now closing up their doors and moving their operations to their home. Their business, they say, has suffered a serious revenue hit from the unexpected activism and backlash.

Looks like they need a Chik-Fil-A-type support system.

WIMPS!

They got some emails and phone calls?

Pussies..they're OOB because their business failed, so now they're hoping that by pretending to be SCARED they're hoping RW dupes will save their bidness.

If they were threatened, they can go top the cops.

Did they?

Although I'm a non-believer, I'm wondering why separation of Church and State does not apply in this situation?
Essentially the government is allowing persons who have different, and perhaps higher moral standards, to be discriminated against and even threatened physically.
The practical solution to the disagreement should have been for the couple to seek the services desired from another bakery in the competitive marketplace.
The Kleins, in my opinion, have legal grounds to seek and receive damages as a result of the actions taken against them in exercising their 1st Amendment right.

Separation of church and state does not come into this because the state didn’t do a damn thing. Read the article, the state did not do the forcing. Boycotts and activists made the business unprofitable and it failed. What happened was EXACTLY what should have happened barring the threats.

The threats were wrong and should be looked into but the actual outcome was from people properly taking this into their own hands and decrying a business that was acting like bigots.
Any threats by people against the baking couple are wrong and need to be investigated.

Any boycotts and people using their free speech to castigate them for their bigotry and violating the law is fair game.

Nothing wrong with boycotts, but when you use the government to force people to go against thier religous beliefs, then there is a problem.
Very true. This case has nothing to do with the government though. The government is NOT what forced this couple to close shop so the point is rather irrelevant to this particular case.

BDBoop said:
I wonder what kind of pressure the vendors were under that they chose to act against this couple.
Maybe they saw what is purported to be a facebook rant by the couple (and deleted not long after)

Screenshot
1185973_10201970811895938_1006154065_n_zpsd62b7f52.jpg

Is this for real?? If these people want to stay in business, they are NOT going to post shit like this on their FB page. I'm thinking they were hacked...

Although I'm a non-believer, I'm wondering why separation of Church and State does not apply in this situation?
Essentially the government is allowing persons who have different, and perhaps higher moral standards, to be discriminated against and even threatened physically.
The practical solution to the disagreement should have been for the couple to seek the services desired from another bakery in the competitive marketplace.
The Kleins, in my opinion, have legal grounds to seek and receive damages as a result of the actions taken against them in exercising their 1st Amendment right.

Separation of church and state does not come into this because the state didn’t do a damn thing. Read the article, the state did not do the forcing. Boycotts and activists made the business unprofitable and it failed. What happened was EXACTLY what should have happened barring the threats.

The threats were wrong and should be looked into but the actual outcome was from people properly taking this into their own hands and decrying a business that was acting like bigots.

Very true. This case has nothing to do with the government though. The government is NOT what forced this couple to close shop so the point is rather irrelevant to this particular case.

From the article:

The Kleins cited their Christian beliefs of traditional marriage when they turned down that business gig, The Blaze reported. But the lesbian couple filed a complaint with the state, accusing the shop owners of discrimination.

Read more: Christian bakers who refused cake order for gay wedding forced to close shop - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

From the article:

The Kleins cited their Christian beliefs of traditional marriage when they turned down that business gig, The Blaze reported. But the lesbian couple filed a complaint with the state, accusing the shop owners of discrimination.

Read more: Christian bakers who refused cake order for gay wedding forced to close shop - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

And the result of that complaint? Nothing in there says that anything came from the complaint.

They said they closed shop because the business was driven away.
A husband-and-wife bakery shop team in Oregon were forced to close their shop doors and move to cheaper digs — their home — after gay-rights activists hounded them and drove away contract business because they refused for Christian reasons to bake for a same-sex wedding.

[snip]

The Kleins say they’re now closing up their doors and moving their operations to their home. Their business, they say, has suffered a serious revenue hit from the unexpected activism and backlash.

So, yes, I agree that the using the state to force people to capitulate against their beliefs is wrong and that the complaint is also wrong but it did not amount to anything that I can identify in the article or otherwise.

I'm kind of stunned. Floored, rather.

When I posted earlier, I was thinking "I have friends and family who are Christian. Would I want their business to go south because they stood by their beliefs?"

But if that's really from her page, then this would be karma. You can't put that level of hate and ugly out into the universe and not get back more of the same.

Yes, if that is really her page. It was so harsh that I have my reservations.

Forum List

Back