Christian bakers who refused cake order for gay wedding forced to close shop

levit4_zpsf5eaa8f9.jpg

They are closing the retail outlet, not going out of business. What this baker is doing is exactly what she should be doing, selling her goods privately. She won't lose any customers, they will still buy from her with direct sales. She will find stores and other outlets for sales. Meanwhile, she will have no overhead. The gay couple STILL could not force her to bake their cake and now the baker won't have the question come up anymore. She kept her business and her freedom of religion. It turned out exactly the way it should.

Another example of the utterly ignorant and hateful activities of the massive MINORITY of the GTBL[?] sumbags!

The only nation in this world that seems to understand just how miserable this group is is Russia.

A business should cater to those with money in their pockets and keep their religion checked at the church door.

They are closing the retail outlet, not going out of business. What this baker is doing is exactly what she should be doing, selling her goods privately. She won't lose any customers, they will still buy from her with direct sales. She will find stores and other outlets for sales. Meanwhile, she will have no overhead. The gay couple STILL could not force her to bake their cake and now the baker won't have the question come up anymore. She kept her business and her freedom of religion. It turned out exactly the way it should.

Really? With what vendors? Nice spin, but they didn't head home because it's their soft place to fall. They couldn't afford to stay where they were.

Faggots and their rabid supporters have become today's brown shirt Nazis. .. :evil:

spoken like a true bigot...remind me again..when were brown shirts murdered for their beliefs and exiled...go on sunni....tell me that story

you have the right to refuse service to anyone but you must deal with the consequences of your actions ..... hate never brings on good
Not wanting to bake cakes for gays doesn't equal hate.......just personal conviction.

And like I said before.

The bakery should have compromised and offered 'Fruitcakes' for their gay customers. .. :cool:

Your record is stuck.

funny that....i have never been ask my sexual orientation at any bar...gay or straight....

we call catholics breeders

Never said you had, good job with the strawman.

How do you know the person you are violently assaulting is a catholic?
Are catholic gays breeders?

Oh FFS Pauli. "Violently assaulting?" With pixels?

A business should cater to those with money in their pockets and keep their religion checked at the church door.

That's a business decision. They can now make any kind of business decision they want. Now they don't have to sell cookies to gays. Not a cupcake! They now have total freedom to pick and choose who their customers are.

This bakery was no doubt intimidated into an alternative business model by the investigations the state launched against them. They might have handled it better and simply not made any more wedding cakes, except for "friends". They chose to go fully private.

This is the beginnings of a completely Christian economy! One that is available only by who you know. If you want one of those lemon bars, you better know someone who can recommend you.

This is as it should be.

Really? With what vendors? Nice spin, but they didn't head home because it's their soft place to fall. They couldn't afford to stay where they were.

According to the article, it was a campaign of harassment and intimidation that forced them to close. If only normals would do the same thing to a gay business. Then we'd have something to discuss. A small group of militants were able to impose their will on law abiding people who were doing nothing to them.

They can keep their vendors, just change the name, or sell to stores who use their own label. They just won't have to support the landlord. Christians are always better off when they don't have to balance their beliefs against what gays want. Gays will end up only picking and choosing from among those willing to do business with them. It is just the way it should be. There is nothing they can do now to this baker except moan about how they can't buy so much as a crumb cake from them.

This is just like limbaugh/beck losing listeners and just like the increase of business to Chick filet.

Don't blame gays for this. People can choose where to spend their money.

Also note that this is not gays boycotting. There aren't enough gays in the entire country to make up for straights who simply stopped shopping there.

You know, I'm getting kind of sick of gay people. I've never had any real issue with gay people, have had friends who were gay, etc. But the more I hear about them, the more I don't want to hear about them.

Just STFU gay people. I don't care about your aberration.

P.S. To whom it may concern: Look up the word "aberration" before getting on my case. Because if you don't think two men wanting to fondle each other isn't a departure from what is normal or typical, well I don't know what is. Doesn't make it wrong (I have to say that). Just makes it a departure from the norm. As in "abnormal."

Oh, and for those of you who have been trying to peg me as a "liberal" lately...how liberal was this comment?

i agree...i am getting sick of the forced agenda ....onto others. The ONLY reason they wanted this baker to make their cake was for the publicity.

i am totally against not being able to tell anyone for any reason..... you will not service
them.

If you want a business that caters to only certain people then don't open your doors to the public, there are discrimination laws.

I'm kind of stunned. Floored, rather.

When I posted earlier, I was thinking "I have friends and family who are Christian. Would I want their business to go south because they stood by their beliefs?"

But if that's really from her page, then this would be karma. You can't put that level of hate and ugly out into the universe and not get back more of the same.

Yes, if that is really her page. It was so harsh that I have my reservations.

Same. Too much trying. Either hacked, or shopped.

If you want a business that caters to only certain people then don't open your doors to the public, there are discrimination laws.

For private enterprises there shouldnt be anti-discrimination laws.

The government is another matter.

This is just like limbaugh/beck losing listeners and just like the increase of business to Chick filet.

Don't blame gays for this. People can choose where to spend their money.

Also note that this is not gays boycotting. There aren't enough gays in the entire country to make up for straights who simply stopped shopping there.

The article says it was a hate campaign. Is the article untrue?

The bakery will do just fine, better than ever, and not have to compromise.

Okay, well; now that you're done making it all about you, care to discuss the subject of the OP?

the idea was to force them out of business....or kowtow to their gay agenda.

That's what I told somebody by PM. Fine, you want to 'teach them a lesson' or whatever, spread the word, take your money and walk, etc. But going after their vendors (in my estimation) - they went too far. That meant they couldn't honor the jobs they did have.

The bakery should have compromised and offered to make and sell 'Fruitcakes' for their gay wedding customers. .. :lol: :lol:

you do know that fruitcakes are traditional wedding cakes don't you? Now they are used more for "grooms" cakes.

Forum List

Back