Chris "Thrilled Leg" Matthews: Barry the Manchild "Too Intellectual"

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Jan 3, 2009
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
I wouldn't have believed it, had I not seen it.

At the top of Friday’s Hardball on MSNBC, host Chris Matthews discovered the reason for President Obama’s political difficulties in recent months: “President Obama has his chin out on just about every hot issue out there....He’s exposed and vulnerable. His poll numbers are dropping. Is he just too darned intellectual? Too much the egg head?”

Later in the show, Matthews talked to Atlantic Media’s Ron Brownstein and USA Today’s Susan Page about Obama’s great flaw. He began by wondering: “I’m not attacking intellectuals because I do appreciate their contribution – but when politicians begin to get a little too intellectual, they lose connection with the American people....I begin to think this administration’s getting almost like one that you would imagine Adlai Stevenson running. Highly ethereal, highly intellectual, egg head. Not connected to real people and their emotional gut feelings about things.”

Page agreed and pointed out: “...there are many strengths to the Obama administration, but they’ve got an awful lot of people who went to Ivy League schools, which is great, but you also need some people who went to big state colleges.” Luckily, Page found an ‘average Joe’ in the administration: “Vice President Biden’s been the target of some fun, he is maybe the only voice in that inner circle that reflects that kind of big state school mentality.”

Page went on to conclude: “...your strength is always your weakness and that the great intellectual fire power around the president, the highly educated Ivy Leaguers, you need some other voices there of people who are maybe very connected with – with folks back home.”

MSNBC's Matthews Finds Obama's Weakness: He's 'Too Darned Intellectual'

There you have it folks! The outright dumbest administration in my lifetime (and that's saying something, considering their predecessor) has to speak act more like the rubes in flyover country, so the rubes in flyover country can understand them and aren't intimidated by their "lofty intellects".

Good thing these goobers aren't dissociated, head-up-the-ass, elitist dickweeds, or anything like that! :rolleyes:

everytime this shit comes up i just think of the time tweety creamed his pants when bush landed on this ac carrier.

matthews is a cheer leader, non-partisans should know this.

I wouldn't have believed it, had I not seen it.

At the top of Friday’s Hardball on MSNBC, host Chris Matthews discovered the reason for President Obama’s political difficulties in recent months: “President Obama has his chin out on just about every hot issue out there....He’s exposed and vulnerable. His poll numbers are dropping. Is he just too darned intellectual? Too much the egg head?”

Later in the show, Matthews talked to Atlantic Media’s Ron Brownstein and USA Today’s Susan Page about Obama’s great flaw. He began by wondering: “I’m not attacking intellectuals because I do appreciate their contribution – but when politicians begin to get a little too intellectual, they lose connection with the American people....I begin to think this administration’s getting almost like one that you would imagine Adlai Stevenson running. Highly ethereal, highly intellectual, egg head. Not connected to real people and their emotional gut feelings about things.”

Page agreed and pointed out: “...there are many strengths to the Obama administration, but they’ve got an awful lot of people who went to Ivy League schools, which is great, but you also need some people who went to big state colleges.” Luckily, Page found an ‘average Joe’ in the administration: “Vice President Biden’s been the target of some fun, he is maybe the only voice in that inner circle that reflects that kind of big state school mentality.”

Page went on to conclude: “...your strength is always your weakness and that the great intellectual fire power around the president, the highly educated Ivy Leaguers, you need some other voices there of people who are maybe very connected with – with folks back home.”

MSNBC's Matthews Finds Obama's Weakness: He's 'Too Darned Intellectual'

There you have it folks! The outright dumbest administration in my lifetime (and that's saying something, considering their predecessor) has to speak act more like the rubes in flyover country, so the rubes in flyover country can understand them and aren't intimidated by their "lofty intellects".

Good thing these goobers aren't dissociated, head-up-the-ass, elitist dickweeds, or anything like that! :rolleyes:

Guess that tingly feeling ceased and ended with a headache?

everytime this shit comes up i just think of the time tweety creamed his pants when bush landed on this ac carrier.

Nope--there's a lot more here than being a cheerleader--:lol::lol: After all of Criss Mathews loving comments about Obama--one has to wonder which leg he is actually getting a tingley feeling in--:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

I get that part. But this level of arrogant ass spelunking, at the expense of the common American, is absolutely beneath contempt.

From the depths of whaleshit...

ohhh, look at that.

MATTHEWS: Ann Coulter, you're the first to speak tonight on the buzz. The president's performance tonight, redolent of the best of Reagan -- what do you think?

COULTER: It's stunning. It's amazing. I think it's huge. I mean, he's landing on a boat at 150 miles per hour. It's tremendous. It's hard to imagine any Democrat being able to do that. And it doesn't matter if Democrats try to ridicule it. It's stunning, and it speaks for itself.

MATTHEWS: Pat Caddell, the president's performance tonight on television, his arrival on ship?

CADDELL: Well, first of all, Chris, the -- I think that -- you know, I was -- when I first heard about it, I was kind of annoyed. It sounded like the kind of PR stunt that Bill Clinton would pull. But and then I saw it. And you know, there's a real -- there's a real affection between him and the troops.

[...]

MATTHEWS: The president there -- look at this guy! We're watching him. He looks like he flew the plane. He only flew it as a passenger, but he's flown --

CADDELL: He looks like a fighter pilot.

MATTHEWS: He looks for real. What is it about the commander in chief role, the hat that he does wear, that makes him -- I mean, he seems like -- he didn't fight in a war, but he looks like he does.

CADDELL: Yes. It's a -- I don't know. You know, it's an internal thing. I don't know if you can put it into words. [...] You can see it with him and the troops, the ease with which he talks to them. I was amazed by that, frankly, because as I said, I was originally appalled, particularly when I heard he was going in an F-18. But -- on there -- but the -- but you know, that was --

MATTHEWS: Look at this guy!

CADDELL: -- was hard not to be moved by their reaction to him and his reaction to them and --

MATTHEWS: You know, Ann --

CADDELL: -- you know, they -- it's a quality. It's an innate quality. It's a real quality.

MATTHEWS: I know. I think you're right.

ohhh, look at that.

MATTHEWS: Ann Coulter, you're the first to speak tonight on the buzz. The president's performance tonight, redolent of the best of Reagan -- what do you think?

COULTER: It's stunning. It's amazing. I think it's huge. I mean, he's landing on a boat at 150 miles per hour. It's tremendous. It's hard to imagine any Democrat being able to do that. And it doesn't matter if Democrats try to ridicule it. It's stunning, and it speaks for itself.

MATTHEWS: Pat Caddell, the president's performance tonight on television, his arrival on ship?

CADDELL: Well, first of all, Chris, the -- I think that -- you know, I was -- when I first heard about it, I was kind of annoyed. It sounded like the kind of PR stunt that Bill Clinton would pull. But and then I saw it. And you know, there's a real -- there's a real affection between him and the troops.

[...]

MATTHEWS: The president there -- look at this guy! We're watching him. He looks like he flew the plane. He only flew it as a passenger, but he's flown --

MATTHEWS: He looks for real. What is it about the commander in chief role, the hat that he does wear, that makes him -- I mean, he seems like -- he didn't fight in a war, but he looks like he does.

CADDELL: Yes. It's a -- I don't know. You know, it's an internal thing. I don't know if you can put it into words. [...] You can see it with him and the troops, the ease with which he talks to them. I was amazed by that, frankly, because as I said, I was originally appalled, particularly when I heard he was going in an F-18. But -- on there -- but the -- but you know, that was --

CADDELL: -- was hard not to be moved by their reaction to him and his reaction to them and --

CADDELL: -- you know, they -- it's a quality. It's an innate quality. It's a real quality.

Look at WHAT exactly fuckstick?

ohhh, look at that.

[...]

You really are trying hard not to get it, aren't you?

Where in that repartee do they say that the president needs to talk down the level of the hoi polloy, so they'll understand and relate to him?

ohhh, look at that.

[...]

Look at WHAT exactly fuckstick?

look at this guy!

ohhh, look at that.

[...]

You really are trying hard not to get it, aren't you?

Where in that repartee do they say that the president needs to talk down the level of the hoi polloy, so they'll understand and relate to him?

you hacks can go down on tweety as much as you like, but this guy was an embarrassment when bush was the master, so don't act surprised that he is now thrilled by obama.

all your whining is doing is highlighting in hindsight how bad the LSMS did its job during the bush admin. MSNBC hahhahaha, they were all lap dogs.

you need a new media.

you hacks can go down on tweety as much as you like, but this guy was an embarrassment when bush was the master, so don't act surprised that he is now thrilled by obama.

all your whining is doing is highlighting in hindsight how bad the LSMS did its job during the bush admin. MSNBC hahhahaha, they were all lap dogs.

you need a new media.

BOOOOOSH! FOCKSNEEEEWS! Bwak! What a fuckin' parrot. this ISN'T about BOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

you need a new media.
So, recognizing an outright insult to the average American now makes one a hack?

Get real.

PS...This isn't about BOOOOOOOSH!

Forum List

Back