Chris "Thrilled Leg" Matthews: Barry the Manchild "Too Intellectual"

I'm pretending nothing.

Nowhere in your posted repartee did any of the principals sit around and insult the intelligence of the average American, in order to crawl up the president's ass.

I was right...You're not understanding this on purpose.

What are you talking about? What "principals"?? I thought we were talking about Chris Matthews' comment about Obama's intelligence and Ann Coulter's comments about Bush. You don't think her comments were an insult to anyone with even half a brain?

Too intellectual to properly salute; he'd rather play with his balls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCAqp77FL4o

Frankie's treating us to his entire repertoire of Obama gaffes. Oh goody. Like we haven't seen them all a gazillion times before.

2z9floz.jpg

I'm pretending nothing.

Nowhere in your posted repartee did any of the principals sit around and insult the intelligence of the average American, in order to crawl up the president's ass.

What are you talking about? What "principals"?? I thought we were talking about Chris Matthews' comment about Obama's intelligence and Ann Coulter's comments about Bush. You don't think her comments were an insult to anyone with even half a brain?
Hey now...no Dem president could ride in an airplane. :lol:

I wouldn't have believed it, had I not seen it.

At the top of Friday’s Hardball on MSNBC, host Chris Matthews discovered the reason for President Obama’s political difficulties in recent months: “President Obama has his chin out on just about every hot issue out there....He’s exposed and vulnerable. His poll numbers are dropping. Is he just too darned intellectual? Too much the egg head?”

Later in the show, Matthews talked to Atlantic Media’s Ron Brownstein and USA Today’s Susan Page about Obama’s great flaw. He began by wondering: “I’m not attacking intellectuals because I do appreciate their contribution – but when politicians begin to get a little too intellectual, they lose connection with the American people....I begin to think this administration’s getting almost like one that you would imagine Adlai Stevenson running. Highly ethereal, highly intellectual, egg head. Not connected to real people and their emotional gut feelings about things.”

Page agreed and pointed out: “...there are many strengths to the Obama administration, but they’ve got an awful lot of people who went to Ivy League schools, which is great, but you also need some people who went to big state colleges.” Luckily, Page found an ‘average Joe’ in the administration: “Vice President Biden’s been the target of some fun, he is maybe the only voice in that inner circle that reflects that kind of big state school mentality.”

Page went on to conclude: “...your strength is always your weakness and that the great intellectual fire power around the president, the highly educated Ivy Leaguers, you need some other voices there of people who are maybe very connected with – with folks back home.”

MSNBC's Matthews Finds Obama's Weakness: He's 'Too Darned Intellectual'

There you have it folks! The outright dumbest administration in my lifetime (and that's saying something, considering their predecessor) has to speak act more like the rubes in flyover country, so the rubes in flyover country can understand them and aren't intimidated by their "lofty intellects".

Good thing these goobers aren't dissociated, head-up-the-ass, elitist dickweeds, or anything like that! :rolleyes:

hahaha I saw that one.

What a dopey lib. :lol:

Too intellectual.... shame he won't release his school papers etc. Must be too much for the rest of us dimwits to deal with I guess. :lol:

Eight years of dumbphuck, then Obama comes along. It will take a while for some to catch on.
Looks like the crux of the biscuit flew right over your head, too.

This is about a bunch of navel contemplating ivory tower Beltway media snobs, pretending as though they're the smartest people on the face of the Earth, and condescending to the very people watching them as too stupid to understand what their golden calf president is saying at any given time.

The problem is that people on the far right, such as you, hear only what you want to hear in order to justify your own hatred of him.

I'm pretending nothing.

No, we were and are talking about Chrissy Thrilleuptheleg and his band of merry elitist dickweeds, condescending to the very viewers that they're supposed to be attracting......If you want to deflect with what Scarecrow Annie had to say several years ago, start your own thread.

Chris "Thrilled Leg" Matthews: Barry the Manchild "Too Intellectual"

Most intellectuals stay in academia because they can't cut it in the real world. Obama is the perfect example.

When you can't cut it in the real world, and you can't cut it in acedemia, where do you go..... community organizing or politics. Hey presto, we got us a POTUS.

Hey Dude!! I rest my case. Here's a girl who has apparently ignored the fact that Obama practiced law in Chicago and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004, served three terms in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004, and the U.S. Senate for one term. All she knows is that at one time he also was a community organizer on the southside of Chicago, where he did a lot of good, I might add, but which I'm sure she believes was just a big fat waste of time.

You people read/hear only what you WANT to...

I wouldn't have believed it, had I not seen it.

At the top of Friday’s Hardball on MSNBC, host Chris Matthews discovered the reason for President Obama’s political difficulties in recent months: “President Obama has his chin out on just about every hot issue out there....He’s exposed and vulnerable. His poll numbers are dropping. Is he just too darned intellectual? Too much the egg head?”

Later in the show, Matthews talked to Atlantic Media’s Ron Brownstein and USA Today’s Susan Page about Obama’s great flaw. He began by wondering: “I’m not attacking intellectuals because I do appreciate their contribution – but when politicians begin to get a little too intellectual, they lose connection with the American people....I begin to think this administration’s getting almost like one that you would imagine Adlai Stevenson running. Highly ethereal, highly intellectual, egg head. Not connected to real people and their emotional gut feelings about things.”

Page agreed and pointed out: “...there are many strengths to the Obama administration, but they’ve got an awful lot of people who went to Ivy League schools, which is great, but you also need some people who went to big state colleges.” Luckily, Page found an ‘average Joe’ in the administration: “Vice President Biden’s been the target of some fun, he is maybe the only voice in that inner circle that reflects that kind of big state school mentality.”

Page went on to conclude: “...your strength is always your weakness and that the great intellectual fire power around the president, the highly educated Ivy Leaguers, you need some other voices there of people who are maybe very connected with – with folks back home.”

MSNBC's Matthews Finds Obama's Weakness: He's 'Too Darned Intellectual'

There you have it folks! The outright dumbest administration in my lifetime (and that's saying something, considering their predecessor) has to speak act more like the rubes in flyover country, so the rubes in flyover country can understand them and aren't intimidated by their "lofty intellects".

Good thing these goobers aren't dissociated, head-up-the-ass, elitist dickweeds, or anything like that! :rolleyes:

hahaha I saw that one.

What a dopey lib. :lol:

Too intellectual.... shame he won't release his school papers etc. Must be too much for the rest of us dimwits to deal with I guess. :lol:

What? And have the Idiot Brigade launch viral emails all over the web because he failed to dot an 'i' and cross a 't' in some thesis he wrote 20 years ago?

But hey, since we're already comparing apples and kumquats here, did Bush ever release his papers from Yale or Harvard?

I'm pretending nothing.

No, we were and are talking about Chrissy Thrilleuptheleg and his band of merry elitist dickweeds, condescending to the very viewers that they're supposed to be attracting......If you want to deflect with what Scarecrow Annie had to say several years ago, start your own thread.

Fail.

The only people failing here are the ones who are bitching about Coulter, not only deflecting from the incident in the OP but also FAILING to point out how her comment was derogatory to the intelligence of the average individual -their politics nonwithstanding- in America.......Like you.

Maybe Matthews is right. Maybe Obama has got to become less of a thinker and more of a "decider."

Has he decided to meet McChrystal to discuss Afghanistan or is he going to appear on Oprah?

Decisions, decisions.

The only people failing here are the ones who are bitching about Coulter, not only deflecting from the incident in the OP but also FAILING to point out how her comment was derogatory to the intelligence of the average individual -their politics nonwithstanding- in America.......Like you.

Okay, now read this, people: We are restricted to discussing ONLY Dud's initial rant, and never, ever deviate or provide a backatcha point. Got it?

He is, after all, a powerful person with a recent promotion to "moderator."

Last edited:
Too intellectual to properly salute; he'd rather play with his balls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCAqp77FL4o

Frankie's treating us to his entire repertoire of Obama gaffes. Oh goody. Like we haven't seen them all a gazillion times before.

2z9floz.jpg

You can hand Obama and Biden a healthcare proxy for every member of your family just leave me the fuck out of it hhhhkay?

Try the Ignore feature, dummy.

Okay, now read this, people: We are restricted to discussing ONLY Dud's initial rant, and never, ever deviate or provide a backatcha point. Got it?

It's called the topic. It's HIS topic, irrespective of his status as staff. Going off topic is illogical, but I have yet to see your posts indicating any ability to express any logical thought. Going off topic with a 'me too' type point is beyond illogical and into idiocy. Why anyone would be surprised at such low quality input from you is beyond comprehension, for those who have an ounce of sense, that is.

It's called the topic. It's HIS topic, irrespective of his status as staff. Going off topic is illogical, but I have yet to see your posts indicating any ability to express any logical thought. Going off topic with a 'me too' type point is beyond illogical and into idiocy. Why anyone would be surprised at such low quality input from you is beyond comprehension, for those who have an ounce of sense, that is.

on off/on topic patrol again? hahahahah

Oh fuck off. I've rarely posted in a thread that didn't go off topic. One would think that someone who posted as much as you do would know that.

Forum List

Back