Chris Matthews Compares Obama, Reagan

Matthews acknowledged: “I can tell you, [Reagan] was speaking for the American people back then who were absolutely furious at what the Soviets had done. Their cold-blooded killing of so many innocent people, their brutal destruction of so many human lives, their utter lack of compassion for the people aboard that plane.”

Chris Matthews, Yes Matthews, Admiringly Recalls Reagan?s Response to KAL-007 Shootdown | NewsBusters

Obama does not speak for the American people.

The silent majority is liberal. When more people vote, Democrats win; when less people vote, Republicans win.

IT'S A SCANDAL IT'S A SCANDAL, IT'S A SCANDAL, SCANDAL I TELL YOU,

SCANDAL,SCANDAL,SCANDAL!!!!!!!

No I don't know what, where, when or who but give Issa more time and there will be a scandal, there will be I know Obama did it, I know he did, Fox said so..

On Sept. 1, 1983, the Soviet Union shot down a Korean Airlines passenger airliner traveling from New York to Seoul, killing 269 people.

True, the president’s nationally televised address on Sept. 5 (THAT'S 4 DAYS LATER FOR MATH CHALLENGED CONSERVATIVES) was full of strong rhetorical condemnation:

Reagan called the Soviet action “monstrous,” “murderous,” and “born of a society which wantonly disregards individual rights and the value of human life.”

But little action followed. Reagan demanded an apology to the world and continued a number of sanctions — but he decided not to end grain sales to the USSR or to suspend arms control talks.

George Will argued that “the administration (REAGAN) is pathetic…. We didn’t elect a dictionary. We elected a President and it’s time for him to act.” The Manchester Union-Leader editorialized that “if someone had told us three years ago that the Russians could blow a civilian airliner out of the skies – and not face one whit of retaliation from a Ronald Reagan administration, we would have called that crazy. It is crazy. It is insane. It is exactly what happened.”

Reagan and KAL 007 - The Washington Post

Wow the far left is reaching these days, got to do all they can to protect their king Obama..

wow, no kidding
that was some nasty stuff from that unbiased newpaper, theCompost
you think they'll write something like that about, the Dear leader?

"unbiased newpaper"

So FACTS you can't refute. Got it....

boy oh boy, they never have problems saying Reagan had alzheimer's, Bush couldn't put down a book, the pet goat, etc

but talk about THEIR DEAR LEADER

you get sneering defenses

liberalism is twisted

Republicans using the dead for partisan poliitical gain, AGAIN!!!

The study of history cries out for certain comparisons.....

...and, with a pretend President who is unable to prioritize between fundraising and turning the spotlight of the bully pulpit on real evil.......

....well, today, July 18th, in the year 64 - the Great fire of Rome: A fire begins to burn in the merchant area of Rome and soon burns completely out of control while Emperor Nero reportedly plays his lyre and sings while watching the blaze from a safe distance.

I know, I know....Nero didn't have a teleprompter.

"I'm not sure -- but I would like to point out that Reagan slept through the shootdown -- and was not awakened.

That was reported in Tip O'Neill's 1987 memoir:

I'll never forget that summer day in 1983 when Flight 007, the Korean airliner, was shot down by the Soviets. I was on Cape Cod, where Secretary of State George Shultz called me at 7 in the morning. After telling me what had happened, he said he was sending down a plane to bring me to Washington for an emergency meeting at the White House.

"I'll be ready," I said. "But what does the President think about this?"

"He's still asleep," said Shultz. "He doesn't know about it yet."

"You've got to be kidding," I said. "You mean you`re calling me before you've even notified the President?"

"We'll tell him when he wakes up," said Shultz.

Larry Speakes, in his memoir, acknowledged that that was true, but said it was a cheap shot because Reagan was vacationing in California, where it was 4:00 A.M. (I guess the notion of a president taking a "3:00 A.M. phone call" didn't apply to Reagan.)"

Can you image how fucking knuts the right wing would be if this were reported about Obama?

Holy sheet!

Still, St. Ronnie gets a halo.

Actually, Chris Matthews is an arrogant, self-centered, motor-mouthed asshole who thinks he's a legend in his own mind - and he also worshiped Reagan. He's the absolute worst piece of shit on MSNBC. He's even too lazy to do his show live - yet three live shows follow him. That may be so they can edit out some of his Daffy Duck shit.

I'm honestly asking, in a civil manner.

I understand you don't like Chris but he is and has a few times attacked Obama. Did you always not like him or just after he started going after Obama for not following through with claims Obama would make while running?

Do you like Rachel Madcow? If so, how is she any different than Chris except her not being a journalist in any way and purely a talking head.

I know these people but I don't watch fox/cnn/msnbc for any of my news, ever. My reasoning is simply because whenever I see "the news" it's people leading the conversation. Bascailly, the news tells people what to think, what to question and they do this by the tone of their voice or turning a *fact* into a question... Leading the viewer to question something a politician said rather than simply allowing the viewer to listening to the *speech* (in this example) and decide for themselves. Suggestive news or in Rachel/Chris's case opinionated news is or should be the bane of what our media should strive for.

Last edited:
Liberal scum are now figuring out they've been duped voting for the "black messiah" that is heartless and clueless.

Obama is more interested in following his work schedule from his handlers and reading his lines than actually leading and doing the job.

Like 18 people watch HARDBALL every night.

Meanwhile........ Gallup: The Lowest-Rated Living President Or Ex-President Is Barack Obama*|*Eric Zuesse ......I couldn't be laughing any harder.:D:up::up:

lOwEsT

Eliminating his mom and me, that makes 16. I keep watching wondering when he's going to get a tingle down his leg.

'TINKLE'?????

Oh....tingle....as in 'frisson'........

....never mind.

Either tinkle or tingle works. We were a "Nielsen" family for several years, meaning we were monitored by Nielsen for TV ratings, we represented 20K households. My oldest daughter always got mad at me for watching Rachel Maddow and giving her ratings. I like watching people I don't agree with. I'm not like the liberals.

Forum List

Back