Chris Hayes issues genuine apology

We use the term "hero" so loosely now that the word ceases to be meaningful.

Well, in my eyes someone who voluntarily signs up and protects our freedoms even knowing they might die doing it . IS A HERO !

Yes, they are. It's those who do something decent during their day to day lives and get called a 'hero' - regardless of what they did - that abuse the word. There is nothing heroic in doing the right thing.

Chris Hayes Apologizes For Saying He Feels 'Uncomfortable' Calling Killed Soldiers 'Heroes' (VIDEO)

The rw war lovers just love to pile on a comment like Hayes made because they're the only ones who are allowed to state their opinions these days.

No one dares to expect or demand an apology from Bush or Cheney or Rove or any of the other liars who got us into that illegal mess. If we didn't know better, you'd think it was Hayes who DIRECTLY caused the deaths of more than 4000 Americans and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, not to mention the TRILLIONS of DOLLARS that the rw now blames President Obama for spending.

The incredibly hypocritical right wingers will rag on this for weeks.

Damn brainless maroons. Show them something shiny and they're off and running.

BTW, most Iraqi vets are victims of the same lies the rest of us believed. And by virtue of having left their lives behind in order to serve a false cause, they are indeed heroes. Nonetheless, Hayes was quite correct.

So you think Hayes was a pussy for apologizing?

Bush is a pussy for not apologizing for getting 4000+ American heroes needlessly killed in Iraq.

On one hand, his original statement probably was a bad idea, especially on Memorial Day. And if you dropped me into a war zone you'd find me in a corner, in a fetal position, wetting myself. He really didn't need to go there, did he?

On the other, he qualified it multiple times, including saying "I might be wrong on this", and he seems sincere. Meh, the whole thing is a non-event for me.

I guess the net results are (a) he just got some national exposure, always good for a career -- a sad statement about our culture -- and (b) this whole episode definitely reinforces the stereotype, correct or not, that the Democrats are anti-military.

Chris Hayes Apologizes For Saying He Feels 'Uncomfortable' Calling Killed Soldiers 'Heroes' (VIDEO)

The rw war lovers just love to pile on a comment like Hayes made because they're the only ones who are allowed to state their opinions these days.

No one dares to expect or demand an apology from Bush or Cheney or Rove or any of the other liars who got us into that illegal mess. If we didn't know better, you'd think it was Hayes who DIRECTLY caused the deaths of more than 4000 Americans and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, not to mention the TRILLIONS of DOLLARS that the rw now blames President Obama for spending.

BTW, most Iraqi vets are victims of the same lies the rest of us believed. And by virtue of having left their lives behind in order to serve a false cause, they are indeed heroes. Nonetheless, Hayes was quite correct.
why are you so angry about this? He screwed up and had the decency to sack up and admit he screwed up.

Isn't this what you guys always want? Someone to apologize?

I'm so glad Obama apologized for the way the left treated military members during and after Vietnam. I don't think he bothered mentioning the way the left has treated the military during and after Iraq.

Somehow when a lib apologizes about the remarks they made about the military it rings hollow.

The only apology I would accept is a change in their actions, because in my opinion talk is cheap. Quit reminding us of how much was wasted in Iraq when it's only a fraction of what has been spent on Social Security and Unemployment benefits.

why are you so angry about this? He screwed up and had the decency to sack up and admit he screwed up.

Isn't this what you guys always want? Someone to apologize?

I'm so glad Obama apologized for the way the left treated military members during and after Vietnam. I don't think he bothered mentioning the way the left has treated the military during and after Iraq.

Somehow when a lib apologizes about the remarks they made about the military it rings hollow.

The only apology I would accept is a change in their actions, because in my opinion talk is cheap. Quit reminding us of how much was wasted in Iraq when it's only a fraction of what has been spent on Social Security and Unemployment benefits.

yep, not that long ago it General Betrayus and Marines found guilty without a trial at Haditha. The military is an inconvenient necessity for these people.

Bush is a pussy for not apologizing for getting 4000+ American heroes needlessly killed in Iraq.

That didn't answer House's question......

And why should Bush apologize? We have a VOLUNTEER Military...nobody was FORCED to go to war. My son joined just after the Iraq war started...NOT because of Bush but because he saw what the terrorists did to 3000 Americans and others on 9/11. He joined because he wanted to do his part to protect us. He's still in the Army and now with Psy Ops....HE IS MY HERO right along with all of our men and women fighting. And they're fighting to protect your right to be stupid and say stupid things.

And why should Bush apologize? We have a VOLUNTEER Military...nobody was FORCED to go to war. My son joined just after the Iraq war started...NOT because of Bush but because he saw what the terrorists did to 3000 Americans and others on 9/11. He joined because he wanted to do his part to protect us. He's still in the Army and now with Psy Ops....HE IS MY HERO right along with all of our men and women fighting. And they're fighting to protect your right to be stupid and say stupid things.

Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11..and was never a nation aggressive toward the United States.

The attack on Iraq..had about as much justification as a Tiger attacking a mouse.

Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11..and was never a nation aggressive toward the United States.

The attack on Iraq..had about as much justification as a Tiger attacking a mouse.

I think you should apologize for once again denigrating the military.:eusa_eh:

Well, in my eyes someone who voluntarily signs up and protects our freedoms even knowing they might die doing it . IS A HERO !

Does that make the President a hero? He's commander in chief and has a more dangerous job, statistically, than any job in the military.

Does that make me a hero? I was drafted. :lol::lol:
NOPE. He is not a hero. He campaigned for his job and dangerous. HA sitting in the white house with tons of security .. You know the people who take the bullets for him are the heroes

Please tell me you recognize the difference between the military and the Commander In Chief who sends them to war.

I think you know the difference, and I think you know that was not an attack on the military.

It wasn't the military's decision to attack Iraq. That would be George W. Bush..and the PNAC cowboys.

You and your ilk owe the country an apology for that abortion..as well as 9/11. You've made the very same dynasty that supported the Bin Ladens..and other terrorists..leaders in this country.

Shame on you.

Does that make the President a hero? He's commander in chief and has a more dangerous job, statistically, than any job in the military.

omg..
So you thought of George Bush as a hero ?

Please tell me you recognize the difference between the military and the Commander In Chief who sends them to war.

I think you know the difference, and I think you know that was not an attack on the military.

Actually it is. Especially since the attack is based on lies.

9/11 was not the first terrorist attack and it wasn't the last. If anyone bases everything we do off of 9/11 they're ether idiots or liars.

omg..
So you thought of George Bush as a hero ?

"I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to get a deferment. Nor was I willing to go to Canada. So I chose to better myself by learning how to fly airplanes." -GW Bush.

Quite the contrary.

It wasn't the military's decision to attack Iraq. That would be George W. Bush..and the PNAC cowboys.

You and your ilk owe the country an apology for that abortion..as well as 9/11. You've made the very same dynasty that supported the Bin Ladens..and other terrorists..leaders in this country.

Shame on you.

Nobody owes you an apology for Bush's decisions other than Bush. On the contrary, every one of those Dems that decided to play politics with the war needs to apologize.....including Obama.

Provide some evidence the Job the President has is more dangerous then troops in a war.

In case nobody is paying attention.......Russia is supporting Iran. The weapons that terrorists have been using against us ether comes from China, Russia, or former Soviet block countries(AK-47, SKS, RPGs). They installed an anti-aircraft missile defense array in Iran to defend against Israeli or American attacks.

Russia is the primary supporter of terrorism around the world, yet the left thinks they're our friends.

Forum List

Back