Choose a state....

Feb 15, 2004
This January I am thinking of going away but staying inside the states....only because there are so many places here I have yet to see. I was thinking of someplace that seems to have everything - and one state that comes to mind is Colorado. Yes I know it is cold - but it seems quite an amazing place.
I have been to Ca. both north and south (n. is best)...did the Vegas thing...already lived in Florida. Hawaii is too far.
By the way, I do not ski....well....I haven't in ages and ages.

winston churchi said:
This January I am thinking of going away but staying inside the states....only because there are so many places here I have yet to see. I was thinking of someplace that seems to have everything - and one state that comes to mind is Colorado. Yes I know it is cold - but it seems quite an amazing place.
I have been to Ca. both north and south (n. is best)...did the Vegas thing...already lived in Florida. Hawaii is too far.
By the way, I do not ski....well....I haven't in ages and ages.

New York? Tenesse is a beautiful place to visit also.

I lived in NY but having said that, I wouldn't mind a visit there (ground zero) at Christmas time.
Tennesse. I went there a few years ago - Nashville. Wasn't too impressed. I guess I was expecting some major country music city but it was more like a small town.
But I think I will do NYC in December.

winston churchi said:
I lived in NY but having said that, I wouldn't mind a visit there (ground zero) at Christmas time.
Tennesse. I went there a few years ago - Nashville. Wasn't too impressed. I guess I was expecting some major country music city but it was more like a small town.
But I think I will do NYC in December.

There are some other great parts of tenessee,try Gatlinburg.it's a big tourist area. Colorao does sound like a nice place too,especially if your up for some skiing!!

Born in Western CO, so I would give it a big thumb's up!

Lived just about everywhere else in the US, or at least spent some time in every state, so far, except Alaska.....Taxes are too high in NY....

I am thinking Montana or Wyoming for the next move (unless I get a better offer).

Colorado is nice. so Utah, Arizona and New Mexico. Been to Colorado and Utah the most out of the two. Both have beautiful mountains and the Salt Flats in Utah are pretty cool, especially when they do the racing.

Its pretty cool down south. been to Atlanta, the coca cola factory and the underground mall are pretty sweet. Myrtle beach is South Carolina is sweet. Busch Gardens in Virgina is totally fun. the Lochness monster rocks.

Philly has some cool sites and Gettysburg is only a few hours away. Its pretty sweet if you are at all interesting US history. Upstate NY is pretty cool too. i havent been to the city yet. one day i will. id like to see ground zero.

anyway traveling is fun one of these days ill travel some more.

I'm going to pitch my home state of Washington. We do have just about everything here.
Several good ski resorts, thought I know you dont ski, but there's lots of mountains with lots and lots of snow!
Plenty of hiking trails in lower elevations that are usually snow free.
The only rainforest in the lower 48 is on the Olympic Peninsula, which is west of Seattle.
And, of course, Seattle itself is a neat city to visit.
If you're coming in January, it will be pretty rainy, but if you stay close to Puget Sound it doesn't snow very much.
Oh yeah, we've got our own volcano too! :p:

Forum List

Back