Chomolungma mountain claims more climber's lives

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Last edited:
The first rule is "come back alive". You can climb another day. Experts will go to a mountain and then leave if conditions are not right.

There is an $11K admission fee to Nepal in this case. Prolly non- refundable if you voluntarily end the expedition in good weather

The first rule is "come back alive". You can climb another day. Experts will go to a mountain and then leave if conditions are not right.

There is an $11K admission fee to Nepal in this case. Prolly non- refundable if you voluntarily end the expedition in good weather

That's the first rule, but the mountain MAKES its own rules.

Nonrefundable if you're dead too

You climb much? When where and for how long?

When I was younger yes, El Cap and Half Dome when I was capable. Did shitloads of bouldering at Jumbo Rock in Twentynine Palms as well.

When I was younger yes, El Cap and Half Dome when I was capable. Did shitloads of bouldering at Jumbo Rock in Twentynine Palms as well.
those are admirable but I'm talking 2- week slogs carrying everything you need on your back

those are admirable but I'm talking 2- week slogs carrying everything you need on your back

That's not mountain climbing. That's hiking the PCT which I have done from top to bottom. I still have a friend lost up on Everest. He's been there since 1972 when he was killed in an ice fall.

Like I said, Everest makes its own rules. And it is free to rewrite them whenever it feels. The Hillary Step is gone as a for instance. Lost during the earthquake no doubt, but gone just the same.

That's not mountain climbing. That's hiking the PCT which I have done from top to bottom. I still have a friend lost up on Everest. He's been there since 1972 when he was killed in an ice fall.

Like I said, Everest makes its own rules. And it is free to rewrite them whenever it feels. The Hillary Step is gone as a for instance. Lost during the earthquake no doubt, but gone just the same.
so you left out the PCT? :eusa_eh: :eusa_liar: AND you compared bouldering to Chomolongma :rofl:

BTW- its not "hiking" its backpacking kiddo, "hiking" :laugh:

so you left out the PCT? :eusa_eh: :eusa_liar: AND you compared bouldering to Chomolongma :rofl:

BTW- its not "hiking" its backpacking kiddo, "hiking" :laugh:

WTF are you blabbering about now junior? To me the PCT was a hike. I didn't even use a backpack. I had a tube tent in a pocket, a sleeping bag in its stuff sack tied to a belt, with two US Army canteens and a Bowie knife, a good sized haversack with my food, and a pair of binoculars. I didn't travel as light as John Muir, but close!

And no I didn't compare bouldering to Everest you asshat. But I'll stack up climbing El Cap to any technical climb you wish to trot out.

this-is-the-nose-one-of-the-most-famous-walls-of-el-capitan-google-partnered-with-three-world-renowned-rock-climbers-lynn-hill-alex-honnold-and-tommy-caldwell-for-this-project.jpg

wasteballz bloviating/making a thread about himself.. Must be a day of the week that ends in "day"

Anything else you'd like to add that you might've forgotten like doing the PCT w/a tarp and some slim jims? oh yeah, you'd forgotten about that and then added it :rofl:

By all means :up: continue making yourself look foolish

wasteballz bloviating/making a thread about himself.. Must be a day of the week that ends in "day"

Anything else you'd like to add that you might've forgotten like doing the PCT w/a tarp and some slim jims? oh yeah, you'd forgotten about that and then added it :rofl:

By all means :up: continue making yourself look foolish

I did the PCT probably before you were born junior. We didn't have all of that newfangled camping gear. Also, you would be surprised how much quicker you can move when you're not weighted down by all of that crap! My best day I made 36 miles.

You ASSuming my age wasteballz?

back to topic

Yes, I can infer that you're a youngish silly person with a lot of book reading, though not good books per se, and a dearth of actual real world life experience. That being said i have actually climbed a couple of largish mountains. Denali the biggest, and Whitney by far the easiest. Neither of the climbs are "climbs" other than going up. They are hikes. Whitney we did twice in one day to help a couple of older people make it up to the top, and Denali we got stuck for a few days when a storm sprang up as happens not infrequently with big mountains.

Everest is a hike, with a couple of technical sections (though one of those is now gone) but it is the highest mountain in the world so it makes its own rules. You can do everything perfect, and still die. That's why i said, the rule is come back alive, but when you are operating at the extremes of anything, the rules get over ruled by those extremes.

Like i said, junior, you have no doubt read a lot, but you have no real experience with what you're talking about.

back to topic

Yes, I can infer that you're a youngish silly person with a lot of book reading, though not good books per se, and a dearth of actual real world life experience. That being said i have actually climbed a couple of largish mountains. Denali the biggest, and Whitney by far the easiest. Neither of the climbs are "climbs" other than going up. They are hikes. Whitney we did twice in one day to help a couple of older people make it up to the top, and Denali we got stuck for a few days when a storm sprang up as happens not infrequently with big mountains.

Everest is a hike, with a couple of technical sections (though one of those is now gone) but it is the highest mountain in the world so it makes its own rules. You can do everything perfect, and still die. That's why i said, the rule is come back alive, but when you are operating at the extremes of anything, the rules get over ruled by those extremes.

Like i said, junior, you have no doubt read a lot, but you have no real experience with what you're talking about.
well you "infer" wrong shit stain. I used to pass bloviators like you through my stool back decades ago when I served

Stop derailing the thread w/ your silly, so- called, exploits

Back to topic......

back to topic

well you "infer" wrong shit stain. I used to pass bloviators like you through my stool back decades ago when I served

Stop derailing the thread w/ your silly, so- called, exploits

Back to topic......

Ummm, proving yet again what a moronic dipshit you are, your last two posts have had nothing to do with the topic. Mine have. You see dear silly person, I can insult the shit out of you AND address the topic, all in the same post! That's because I'm a LOT smarter than you and can multi task within a single post. So, once again, for the dumb ones reading here, once you get to a high enough elevation the rules no longer apply. You follow them religiously because they will frequently save your ass in an emergency, but when you climb at those extreme elevations, you realize that even if you do everything right, you can still die.

That's called reality. A concept you have no clue of.

do yall know they think these 4 died of carbon monoxide poisoning...due to not venting their tent...has nothing to do with the mountain....the mountain believes in darwins theory

Forum List

Back