Chinese court upholds death penalty for Canadian prisoner Robert Schellenberg

Schellenberg either received some really bad legal advice, was railroaded to appeal, or, was too naive.

Such a gentle, honourable people the CCP are. "Dare to appeal the 15 year sentence!? Ok, we give you death now!" The types to torture an animal and then kill it if it fights back.

Canada has no pull after decades of submissive behaviour by so many unimpressive people. I've repeated it over and over, you must NOT walk lightly with them. You make them lose face. You call them out. You point at them, challenge them and expose them. You insult them if you must. Blinkens team did just that, and as much as China tried to put on a strong face but they were rattled at the meeting and days after.

If only the U.S and others would continue it. You can be sure you will always have an ally of the most headstrong people, be it someone like myself or someone in India, Japan or US of A.

Canada believes that quiet diplomacy is the best approach. It's a fools game when dealing with dictators. If you don't punish the power structure, which is their economy, you are going to be bent over a barrel every time.

Sadly, Canadian police and our political structure enjoy persecuting people like me in Canada. It's easy to bully citizens, that's not bravery, it's cowardice. When it comes to REALLY fight for something, they watch as our citizens are hung out to dry.

it's disgusting, but also Canadas future. Yes, if he is guilty and knowlingly did this, he knew the possible outcome. That's on him if true. However, this is becoming part and parcel of being Canadian in the world today it seems.

Pray for Robert and the two Michaels. If I were in power, I'd bring a facelift to the domestic civil liberties in our Canadian system and a drastically different methodology of dealing with foreign bullies.

A Chinese court on Tuesday rejected Canadian Robert Schellenberg's appeal against a death sentence for drug smuggling.

Schellenberg was detained by Chinese authorities in December 2014, charged with drug smuggling in January 2015, and sentenced to 15 years in prison in 2018.

In 2019, the Dalian Intermediate People's Court in China's Liaoning province retried Schellenberg, who had appealed his original sentence, and decided on execution.

A verdict for fellow Canadian Michael Spavor, who has been detained by China since late 2018 on suspicion of espionage, is expected to be announced later this week, possibly as soon as tomorrow.

Spavor was detained by Chinese authorities on Dec. 10, 2018 — nine days after Meng Wanzhou, the chief financial officer of Huawei Technologies — was arrested while changing planes in Vancouver.
China sucks at human rights....but nobody hid the laws from the offenders otherwise they wouldn't have resorted to smuggling. I don't support China ... but it takes a sniveling little baby to cry over what was always the obvious consequence and then to object to it???? Wow....stupid but typical.

JO

Your claim that Trump wasn't strong on China. Factually untrue. The tariffs WERE working. The MSM, who are bought by the Chinese lied through their teeth when they claimed they weren't.
Yep....they will lie, deceive themselves, close their eyes and bend over backwards. Damn Straight the Tariffs were working. There will always be a price to pay for effort ... not willing to pay it? Then suffer the consequences.
In this case the consequences are the ill effect of allowing China to trade goods without any input from the EPA, the FDA, The DOL, and the DOC......this has the effect of destroying American Jobs with every purchase that is made. These people are just too stupid to keep living.

JO

The tariffs WERE working.
Absolutely. The US Treasury WAS reaping enormous revenue from US consumers.

June 20, 2019
[...] U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) collects the tax on imports. The agency typically requires importers to pay duties within 10 days of their shipments clearing customs.
Through May 1, Washington has assessed $23.7 billion in tariffs since early 2018, according to data from the CBP.
Total tariff revenue - including levies that predated Trump - shot up by 89% in the first half of the current fiscal year starting Oct. 1, to a total of $34.7 billion, according to U.S. Treasury data.

Last edited:
If it's a rightard, it's a victim.

Due Process and Rule of Law is not a left/right issue. When the Gestapo or Soviet Police destroyed the lives of their citizens, the West didn't say "ah yes, some left/right whining about the violations of their most basic rights". For the record, I'm a libertarian. In Canada that means every politicians and trough munching cop hates me

I don't have a criminal record and I've invited the police to charge me with a crime. That's not how secret police work in creepy societies, hence our dead economy and loss of allies in Europe going back years.

It's why the Toronto Police alone have multiple criminals in their ranks, some who I went to school with. Ditto for OPP and RCMP.

It's also one reason why foreign governments care little about out citizens, they know how little our own politicians and police do. They also know about their hypocrisy:

Former police Chief Julian Fantino, who once compared weed to murder, defends opening medical marijuana business​

Last edited:
We do basically the same thing. We tell people to plead guilty to life in prison or we will seek out the death penalty.

Yes, he smuggled drugs, while China murders people in large numbers.
That's meaningless. China's record on murdering people has nothing to do with an individual's drug smuggling. He doesn't get a pass because China is a meany.

When an individual goes to another country they are bound by that country's laws. Claiming that the crime is not a serious crime in this country or claiming a right to break the law because the host country isn't nice is ridiculous.

That's meaningless. China's record on murdering people has nothing to do with an individual's drug smuggling. He doesn't get a pass because China is a meany.

When an individual goes to another country they are bound by that country's laws. Claiming that the crime is not a serious crime in this country or claiming a right to break the law because the host country isn't nice is ridiculous.
China doesnt get a pass for murdering people because some guy had some drugs.

China doesnt get a pass for murdering people because some guy had some drugs.
One has nothing to do with the other. China is a terrible country that murders people. That is not a defense to drug smuggling. The two are independent.

Do you believe he’s a drug smuggler?

hardly anyone outside mainland china believes thst lie
Now that doesn't matter. The entire world can believe him innocent. He still got 15 years in China. The death penalty wasn't for smuggling. You realize that. He got 15 years for smuggling. He got the death penalty for filing an appeal to the 15 year sentence.

Schellenberg either received some really bad legal advice, was railroaded to appeal, or, was too naive.

Such a gentle, honourable people the CCP are. "Dare to appeal the 15 year sentence!? Ok, we give you death now!" The types to torture an animal and then kill it if it fights back.

Canada has no pull after decades of submissive behaviour by so many unimpressive people. I've repeated it over and over, you must NOT walk lightly with them. You make them lose face. You call them out. You point at them, challenge them and expose them. You insult them if you must. Blinkens team did just that, and as much as China tried to put on a strong face but they were rattled at the meeting and days after.

If only the U.S and others would continue it. You can be sure you will always have an ally of the most headstrong people, be it someone like myself or someone in India, Japan or US of A.

Canada believes that quiet diplomacy is the best approach. It's a fools game when dealing with dictators. If you don't punish the power structure, which is their economy, you are going to be bent over a barrel every time.

Sadly, Canadian police and our political structure enjoy persecuting people like me in Canada. It's easy to bully citizens, that's not bravery, it's cowardice. When it comes to REALLY fight for something, they watch as our citizens are hung out to dry.

it's disgusting, but also Canadas future. Yes, if he is guilty and knowlingly did this, he knew the possible outcome. That's on him if true. However, this is becoming part and parcel of being Canadian in the world today it seems.

Pray for Robert and the two Michaels. If I were in power, I'd bring a facelift to the domestic civil liberties in our Canadian system and a drastically different methodology of dealing with foreign bullies.

A Chinese court on Tuesday rejected Canadian Robert Schellenberg's appeal against a death sentence for drug smuggling.

Schellenberg was detained by Chinese authorities in December 2014, charged with drug smuggling in January 2015, and sentenced to 15 years in prison in 2018.

In 2019, the Dalian Intermediate People's Court in China's Liaoning province retried Schellenberg, who had appealed his original sentence, and decided on execution.

A verdict for fellow Canadian Michael Spavor, who has been detained by China since late 2018 on suspicion of espionage, is expected to be announced later this week, possibly as soon as tomorrow.

Spavor was detained by Chinese authorities on Dec. 10, 2018 — nine days after Meng Wanzhou, the chief financial officer of Huawei Technologies — was arrested while changing planes in Vancouver.

Bottom line is they shouldn't have been doing illegal shit to begin with, they only have themselves to blame. And when you do illegal shit in a country as a foreigner well then that's double stupidity, and when you do it in a country you know is as harsh as china well that's triple stupidity.

This guy just like say George Floyd did ILLEGAL shit and paid the price. When are Americans going to stop being such pussies and realize when you break the law anything that happens after is their fault and no one else's. Laws exist for a reason and if you follow them you'll be fine. Even a law like "don't smuggle drugs" is pretty fucking easy to understand and obey.

Don't blame the punishment, blame the person that made the punishment happen.

...but you are agreeing with Chinas decision to murder THIS man.

Forum List

Back