China rounds up Christians

China detains more than 100 Christians, including prominent pastor, in overnight raids

Because Christians are sooooo dangerous!

For you see, in order for church's to be legal in China, you must "register" with the state.

In other words, they monitor what you do and say, which is essentially outlawing freedom of religion altogether.
^ ignores China slaughtering Muslims and putting them in labor camps by the thousands and possibly millions. But ooooohhh 100 Christians! Oooohhhh my tears! The oppression!

China detains more than 100 Christians, including prominent pastor, in overnight raids

For you see, in order for church's to be legal in China, you must "register" with the state.

In other words, they monitor what you do and say, which is essentially outlawing freedom of religion altogether.
^ ignores China slaughtering Muslims and putting them in labor camps by the thousands and possibly millions. But ooooohhh 100 Christians! Oooohhhh my tears! The oppression!
Link?

If so, where is the outrage in the media?

Hmm?

Oh, that's right, it has nothing to do with Trump collusion.

My bad.

Looks like Trump is being vindicated with his trade war with China.

Link?

Hmm?

My bad.

China Has Detained Up to 1 Million Uighur Muslims

But oooohhhh the Christians! The poor, persecuted, wealthiest and most powerful religion. Ooooohhh the poor victim Chrisians! The world is so unfair to them!

That's just the beginning.
China's Surveillance State Should Scare Everyone - The Atlantic

This is why the Good Lord invented the EMP

7936905134_61fa20b066_h-640x400.jpg

Black Flag defense duly noted.

580 dogs die of poisoning, thousands of dogs and cats ill from Chinese jerky treats, FDA says

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is appealing to dog and cat owners in Canada and the U.S. for information as it struggles to solve a mysterious outbreak of illness and deaths among pets that ate jerky treats.

In a notice to consumers and veterinarians published Tuesday, the agency said it has linked illnesses from jerky pet treats to 3,600 dogs and 10 cats since 2007 in all 50 U.S. states and six Canadian provinces.

About 580 of those pets have died.​

http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/SafetyHealth/ProductSafetyInformation/ucm319463.htm

China’s Food Safety Issues Worse Than You Thought

Why do you think many farmers in China use unsafe chemicals on the food they grow? The government limits the profit farmers can make off their goods in order to control inflation. As a result, many farmers have a hard time making ends meet, so they seek ways to improve per acre yields via chemicals. It is well-known (and feared) in the cities that farmers set aside a plot for their own personal use upon which these chemicals are never used. But plots that are growing produce to be sold are highly contaminated to make them profitable. Hence we have issues like last year’s exploding watermelons​

China’s Food Safety Issues Worse Than You Thought | Food Safety News

Death by 1,000 cuts

In recent months, the number of unsafe products imported to the United States from China — ranging from seafood and pet food to toys and toothpaste — has grown steadily. Chinese-made products have accounted for more than 60 percent of recalls this year, said Scott Wolfson, spokesman for the U.S. Consumer Product and Safety Commission.

So far they have recalled 338 products overall this year, Wolfson said. For the most part, the businesses responsible for the faulty products and bad food have denied the problems, saying their products are safe.After initally guaranteeing the safety of the country's products, Chinese officials admitted Tuesday, after much international pressure, that "as a developing country, China's current food and drug safety situation is not very satisfactory." They had hoped to downplay the safety and health problems before the 2008 summer Olympics, to be held in Beijing.

The FDA increased inspection of toothpaste made in China after reports that some of the products may contain an ingredient used in antifreeze. The ingredient, diethylene glycol, is a thickening agent not normally used in toothpaste.
List of Problem Chinese Imports Grows

My fave? Carafes made in China for Mr. Coffee that spill coffee on counters, floors, and (best case scenario) sinks, instead of landing in the cup--the liquid follows the contour of the carafe and drips off the bottom while you are trying to pour most of it in your cup. When Mr. Coffee was made in America, the liquid ALWAYS landed in the cup, no drips. So every day, it's drag the mop out and attempt to not cuss the carafe manufacturers for spoiling my morning.

And I don't think it's an accident that the carafes drip wrong, either. I think it's an international passive-aggressive get-even thing.
Black Flag, in my book it is unconscionable to defend passive-aggressive twits whose goal in life is to make Americans absolutely miserable.

580 dogs die of poisoning, thousands of dogs and cats ill from Chinese jerky treats, FDA says

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is appealing to dog and cat owners in Canada and the U.S. for information as it struggles to solve a mysterious outbreak of illness and deaths among pets that ate jerky treats.

In a notice to consumers and veterinarians published Tuesday, the agency said it has linked illnesses from jerky pet treats to 3,600 dogs and 10 cats since 2007 in all 50 U.S. states and six Canadian provinces.

http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/SafetyHealth/ProductSafetyInformation/ucm319463.htm

Why do you think many farmers in China use unsafe chemicals on the food they grow? The government limits the profit farmers can make off their goods in order to control inflation. As a result, many farmers have a hard time making ends meet, so they seek ways to improve per acre yields via chemicals. It is well-known (and feared) in the cities that farmers set aside a plot for their own personal use upon which these chemicals are never used. But plots that are growing produce to be sold are highly contaminated to make them profitable. Hence we have issues like last year’s exploding watermelons​

Death by 1,000 cuts

In recent months, the number of unsafe products imported to the United States from China — ranging from seafood and pet food to toys and toothpaste — has grown steadily. Chinese-made products have accounted for more than 60 percent of recalls this year, said Scott Wolfson, spokesman for the U.S. Consumer Product and Safety Commission.

So far they have recalled 338 products overall this year, Wolfson said. For the most part, the businesses responsible for the faulty products and bad food have denied the problems, saying their products are safe.After initally guaranteeing the safety of the country's products, Chinese officials admitted Tuesday, after much international pressure, that "as a developing country, China's current food and drug safety situation is not very satisfactory." They had hoped to downplay the safety and health problems before the 2008 summer Olympics, to be held in Beijing.

The FDA increased inspection of toothpaste made in China after reports that some of the products may contain an ingredient used in antifreeze. The ingredient, diethylene glycol, is a thickening agent not normally used in toothpaste.

My fave? Carafes made in China for Mr. Coffee that spill coffee on counters, floors, and (best case scenario) sinks, instead of landing in the cup--the liquid follows the contour of the carafe and drips off the bottom while you are trying to pour most of it in your cup. When Mr. Coffee was made in America, the liquid ALWAYS landed in the cup, no drips. So every day, it's drag the mop out and attempt to not cuss the carafe manufacturers for spoiling my morning.

And I don't think it's an accident that the carafes drip wrong, either. I think it's an international passive-aggressive get-even thing.
Black Flag, in my book it is unconscionable to defend passive-aggressive twits whose goal in life is to make Americans absolutely miserable.
Did you just compare Christians to dogs? Harsh.

Death by 1,000 cuts

I don't think so ------but anyone who claims that MILLIONS
OF CHINESE MUSLIMS HAVE BEEN FORCED INTO CONCENTRATION CAMPS------is a birdbrain

Link?

Hmm?

My bad.

China Has Detained Up to 1 Million Uighur Muslims

But oooohhhh the Christians! The poor, persecuted, wealthiest and most powerful religion. Ooooohhh the poor victim Chrisians! The world is so unfair to them!

It’s not a competition. WTF is wrong with you?

Death by 1,000 cuts

Black Flag said: Did you just compare Christians to dogs? Harsh.

I made no such comparison, and you know it, too. Silly goose.

Singapore has done this, too, with its Societies Act. Societies can't even convene in private homes unless registered with the state.

Don't think that this sort of thing hasn't happened in the US (California Family Fined for Bible Study at Home). Apparently in California now, a home has to be zoned for something as innocuous as a Bible study.

Link?

Hmm?

My bad.

You need to pay more attention, or step out of the wingnut bubble for some air. The Uyghur oppression has been well covered.

Forum List

Back