China bans burqas

When I was little, I thought people wore burqas (I didn't really know if they were men or women) because of the potential for a sand storm. :lol: I think my mom might have told me that. Anyway, I had no idea of the cultural implications. I was so young and innocent then.

Good on China! :thup:

you want to wear a burka?

join the Taliban.

Funny thing.

China's actions don't surprise me. We all know China is not exactly good on the human rights record. But you applaud them when they exibit that intolerance on their Muslim population.

Why am I not surprised.

What sorta track record do koranimals have in the human rights area?

join the Taliban.

Funny thing.

China's actions don't surprise me. We all know China is not exactly good on the human rights record. But you applaud them when they exibit that intolerance on their Muslim population.

Why am I not surprised.

Do you support a government telling citizens what they can and cannot wear? What if our government decided to ban, oh I don't know, crucifixes?

join the Taliban.

Funny thing.

Why am I not surprised.

Depends on what country you animals are referring to.

join the Taliban.

Funny thing.

Why am I not surprised.

Do you support a government telling citizens what they can and cannot wear? What if our government decided to ban, oh I don't know, crucifixes?

I don't support giving koranimals the same rights as citizens.

When Muslims form a small minority of a population, the message of Islam is "peace and tolerance" (Stealth Jihad). As numbers rise, so do complaints, as well as retaliatory attacks for perceived affronts (Defensive Jihad). When Muslims eventually establish a majority, all non-Muslims are violently subjugated (Offensive Jihad).

Well, I don't believe that nun, not one bit. Lol. If you just think about it, it is incredibly silly.

You seem to have a real issue.

Yeah, I have a real issue with women feeling as if ...

There you go again, imagining you know how other people "feel."

I think I have a pretty good idea. They feel guilt about their bodies, that they MUST cover up or the men will rape them. Also, that actually happens. Did you know that? I guess you didn't.

Just to clarify, I don't agree with the burka. I think it is a sign of oppression of women, however, I also do not think it should be banned because governments should not be able to dictate what we wear. However, since this is the Chinese government, it's really not too surprising that they would do this. They seem to like to use force against their more poor and unfortunate citizens.

join the Taliban.

Funny thing.

Why am I not surprised.

If we banned crucifixes - a Roman Catholic thing - I would think America was on the way to a Protestant Reformation!
Would be interesting to see muslim's attacking the Chinese...!

It has happened many, many times, and there are millions of Chinese Muslims.

Last time I checked the number it was over 100 Million Muslims living in China.

join the Taliban.

Funny thing.

Why am I not surprised.

When Muslims form a small minority of a population, the message of Islam is "peace and tolerance" (Stealth Jihad). As numbers rise, so do complaints, as well as retaliatory attacks for perceived affronts (Defensive Jihad). When Muslims eventually establish a majority, all non-Muslims are violently subjugated (Offensive Jihad).

I think the Uyghurs are a bit different from Middle Eastern Muslims. For one thing, these people did not immigrate. They have been living there for a very long time. I believe it is the Chinese who actually kind of took over their territory and now tells them how they must live.

join the Taliban.

Funny thing.

Why am I not surprised.

If we banned crucifixes - a Roman Catholic thing - I would think America was on the way to a Protestant Reformation!

Well, that was more of a rhetorical question, to get that person to think about he/she would feel if his/her religious garb was banned.

join the Taliban.

Funny thing.

Why am I not surprised.

Well, that was more of a rhetorical question, to get that person to think about he/she would feel if his/her religious garb was banned.

As China is a communist nation - we know their agenda is to crush any form of religion - from Christianity to Islam and the history of Communism is well documented to include the torture of Muslims in Communist jails - murdering them - etc. Now the Muslims perhaps do not know this because many people who witnessed this in Romanian jails under communist rule are elderly - many have already died. Another reason the agenda with Communist governments is to kill off the elderly - and with it - the true history they could tell the younger generation. Sad but true.

join the Taliban.

Funny thing.

Why am I not surprised.

I think the Uyghurs are a bit different from Middle Eastern Muslims. For one thing, these people did not immigrate. They have been living there for a very long time. I believe it is the Chinese who actually kind of took over their territory and now tells them how they must live.

I was not aware of that. Thanks.

Well, I don't believe that nun, not one bit. Lol. If you just think about it, it is incredibly silly.

You seem to have a real issue.

Yeah, I have a real issue with women feeling as if ...

There you go again, imagining you know how other people "feel."

I think I have a pretty good idea. ...

You have no idea. You have made it clear that all this stems from your own bigotry rather than from what many, several, or even one Muslim woman has told you personally.

join the Taliban.

Funny thing.

Why am I not surprised.

They do worship the same demon though correct?

Funny thing.

Why am I not surprised.

I suppose, but the point is, using force against them in that way isn't justifiable over an article of clothing. Do they think if they ban burkas, that will change anything about the beliefs of these people? No, so it is a rather stupid and aggressive move that would solve no problems.

Funny thing.

Why am I not surprised.

None of them worship demons. You must be confused.

Forum List

Back