China bans burqas

Good for China! Other countries are doing what we should have done LONG ago. Don't like the laws of the land? Stay the fuck out of that land.

This is the second time I have to point out: Uyghurs are on their own land (Xinjiang.).

Cuz it's stupid.

I find it very sexy.

The allure of the unknown. There is a precedent for your condition. Many years ago I was speaking to a nun who had worked in the Missions in New Guinea....don't quite know exactly where. Girls who showed promise were sent to Townsville (Nth Qld) to board at a school to continue their education. When they nurtured home many were sexually assaulted and they put the reason down to being "covered up". Men in their home villages were just too turned on by the "covered up" young women. The students were advised to revert to their "normal" attire when they returned home, so being unclothed made them LESS vulnerable. Humans are strange critters!!

Greg

Cuz it's stupid.

I find it very sexy.

The allure of the unknown. There is a precedent for your condition. Many years ago I was speaking to a nun who had worked in the Missions in New Guinea....don't quite know exactly where. Girls who showed promise were sent to Townsville (Nth Qld) to board at a school to continue their education. When they nurtured home many were sexually assaulted and they put the reason down to being "covered up". Men in their home villages were just too turned on by the "covered up" young women. The students were advised to revert to their "normal" attire when they returned home, so being unclothed made them LESS vulnerable. Humans are strange critters!!

Greg

Well, there is a difference between finding something sexy and assaulting something.

Cuz it's stupid.

I find it very sexy.

Greg

Who in their right mind would think a burqa is sexy? They are the furthest thing from sexy. To me, they are symbol of female oppression.

Also, I don't think I'm buying that story about the girls being sexually assaulted. That sounds REALLY far fetched.

Cuz it's stupid.

I find it very sexy.

Greg

Who in their right mind would think a burqa is sexy? They are the furthest thing from sexy. To me, they are symbol of female oppression.

Also, I don't think I'm buying that story about the girls being sexually assaulted. That sounds REALLY far fetched.

It was reported to me by a Nun who worked at the mission where the girls came from. I have no reason to doubt her observations though one may be concerned about her interpretation of events. It was however the reason the culprits gave ...how many etc I don't know.

However, as a precedent for Vikrant's view it came to mind.

Greg

Cuz it's stupid.

I find it very sexy.

Greg

It was reported to me by a Nun who worked at the mission where the girls came from. I have no reason to doubt her observations though one may be concerned about her interpretation of events. It was however the reason the culprits gave ...how many etc I don't know.

Greg

Well, I don't believe that nun, not one bit. Lol. If you just think about it, it is incredibly silly.

Wondering what the heck is wrong with a person who would find a burqa sexy though. If anything, they are creepy as hell and you have NO IDEA who is under there. It could be a child. It could even be a man.

736298-burqa.jpg

Cuz it's stupid.

I find it very sexy.

Greg

Greg

Well, I don't believe that nun, not one bit. Lol. If you just think about it, it is incredibly silly.

Hey: it works for Vikrant; that's why it clicked a memory.

Greg

Wondering what the heck is wrong with a person who would find a burqa sexy though. If anything, they are creepy as hell and you have NO IDEA who is under there. It could be a child. It could even be a man.

736298-burqa.jpg

Something wrong with a bloke wearing a burqa?? You prejudiced against men wearing burqas?? Boy are you going to cop it from the crossdresser crowd!!

Greg

I find it very sexy.

Greg

Greg

Greg

I guess some people might find the oppression of women "sexy" in a sick kind of way.

736298-burqa.jpg

Something wrong with a bloke wearing a burqa?? You prejudiced against men wearing burqas?? Boy are you going to cop it from the crossdresser crowd!!

Greg

I'm not afraid of them at all. Lol. Pansies. :lol:

I find it very sexy.

Greg

Greg

Greg

It will work for you too if you give it a chance :)

You seem to have a real issue.

Yeah, I have a real issue with women feeling as if their bodies cause men to "sin," so they have to walk around wearing a sheet looking utterly ridiculous. God forbid, the men who insist women wear these things practice a little self control. Not to mention, I'm sure the beautiful women do NOT want to be all covered up. It's probably the fat ugos. That gives them more of a fair shot with the men after all. Lol. :biggrin:

China takes another oppressive step towards Muslims.

---

BEIJING: Authorities in the capital of the mainly Muslim Uighur homeland of Xinjiang voted to ban the wearing of burqas in public, media said on Thursday, as China confronts unrest with tough measures that critics have labelled discriminatory.

Hundreds have died in ethnic clashes across the restive far western region in recent months, with Beijing vowing to "strike hard" against violence.

The local legislature of Urumqi on Wednesday "considered and adopted 'Regulations for the banning of wearing of burqas in public areas in Urumqi'", the Sina web news portal said.

China s Xinjiang to ban burqas in public - The Times of India

China's been long and unapologetically hostile to all religions. So this is much less remarkable and significant than a more generally accepting nation doing it as France did, and the US is trying to do on local scales.

Forum List

Back