Children Across The Country Being Hospitalized With Obama's 'open Border Flu'

The article you posted in the OP, which I actually read. California is not part of the Midwest or the East Coast. Still not sure? Just visit the CDC website.

Actually the numbers are public. California took in more children than any other state.
Unaccompanied Children Released to Sponsors By State Office of Refugee Resettlement Administration for Children and Families

By the way, the burden of proof is on you to support your claim that this virus is a result of the immigrant children. Now tell me where the evidence is that this virus originated from the immigrant children. Oh, that's right. There isn't any.

How many do you have living with you in your home?
What color shoes do you have? That question is just as relevant to this topic as yours.

Back on topic, it is clear that this virus has nothing to do with the immigrant children, for the reasons I listed that not a single person can refute.

It's a totally on point question. You want to put people at risk of infection by importing diseases people into their communities. Unless you are housing such people, then you are a hypocrite for thinking others should be exposed to them.
How about this: how clean are you? Do you wash your hands after using the restroom every time?
I think getting the flu is based more on hygiene and living conditions than anything else.

My personal hygiene is impeccable, and I got my flu shot over the weekend.

But I am not the one advocating for Open Borders and importation of infectious diseases into the U.S.
I haven't had the flu shot in years. I don't believe injecting myself with chemicals will strengthen my immune system. That's why I stay clean and lead a healthy lifestyle.
I'm not advocating open borders either but I don't think pointing fingers is going to solve anything. Getting the flu is natural and normal for humans.
That's what really strengthens our immune systems-colds and minor flus. Don't run to the doctor every time you get sick. That exposes you and others even more so.

Meanwhile, back in reality, there is no evidence that this virus came from immigrant children. What I find most hilarious is that California, a state with one of the highest proportions of immigrants (the highest I believe, actually) was not effected.

1. Where is your evidence CA was not affected?
The article you posted in the OP, which I actually read. California is not part of the Midwest or the East Coast. Still not sure? Just visit the CDC website.

2. The problem in this case is not illegals in general, but the illegal kids who have arrived in the last few months. Maybe none of them were sent to CA. Obama won't tell us where he dumped them.
Actually the numbers are public. California took in more children than any other state.
Unaccompanied Children Released to Sponsors By State Office of Refugee Resettlement Administration for Children and Families

By the way, the burden of proof is on you to support your claim that this virus is a result of the immigrant children. Now tell me where the evidence is that this virus originated from the immigrant children. Oh, that's right. There isn't any.

What color shoes do you have? That question is just as relevant to this topic as yours.

Back on topic, it is clear that this virus has nothing to do with the immigrant children, for the reasons I listed that not a single person can refute.

It's a totally on point question. You want to put people at risk of infection by importing diseases people into their communities. Unless you are housing such people, then you are a hypocrite for thinking others should be exposed to them.
No it isn't. The question at issue is whether or not the virus is a result of the children who crossed the border. What evidence is there that this virus came from the immigrant children?

I haven't had the flu shot in years. I don't believe injecting myself with chemicals will strengthen my immune system. That's why I stay clean and lead a healthy lifestyle.
I'm not advocating open borders either but I don't think pointing fingers is going to solve anything. Getting the flu is natural and normal for humans.
That's what really strengthens our immune systems-colds and minor flus. Don't run to the doctor every time you get sick. That exposes you and others even more so.

So Frelling Funny.

The only reason why loons like you can get away with lack of vaccinations is because so many other people get them to keep diseases from spreading.

Good luck with that attitude when Ebola mutates so that it is spread by air. I'll get my vaccination. Hand washing won't be enough.

[

Nobody said the virus for sure came from the illegal kids. Just that it's a strong possibility and why take the chance.? They're illegal invaders and shouldn't be here anyway. THINK
Wow. Totally dishonest backpedaling. It is not a strong possibility whatsoever, and you have provided zero evidence to even explain why it is a slight possibility. Pathetic.

Ebola is not the flu.
Ebola fever
[ ēˌbōlə ˈfēvər ]
noun
noun: Ebola
  1. an infectious and generally fatal disease marked by fever and severe internal bleeding, spread through contact with infected body fluids by a filovirus (Ebola virus), whose normal host species is unknown

BS - it's relevant as hell. People are sick of you america-hating liberals who won't put your money where your mouth is.
Whether I take in immigrant children is totally irrelevant to whether this virus is caused by immigrant children. But you know that, you just can't prove the latter so you are trying to change the debate. Tough. Your idiotic topic was just debunked, now get on with your life.

BS - it's relevant as hell. People are sick of you america-hating liberals who won't put your money where your mouth is.
Whether I take in immigrant children is totally irrelevant to whether this virus is caused by immigrant children. But you know that, you just can't prove the latter so you are trying to change the debate. Tough. Your idiotic topic was just debunked, now get on with your life.

Thanks for proving two things:

1. You can't see the forest for the trees.
2. You are a hypocrite.

Ebola is not the flu.
Ebola fever
[ ēˌbōlə ˈfēvər ]
noun
  1. an infectious and generally fatal disease marked by fever and severe internal bleeding, spread through contact with infected body fluids by a filovirus (Ebola virus), whose normal host species is unknown

Here you go, you uninformed ninny.

The second possibility is one that virologists are loath to discuss openly but are definitely considering in private: that an Ebola virus could mutate to become transmissible through the air. You can now get Ebola only through direct contact with bodily fluids. But viruses like Ebola are notoriously sloppy in replicating, meaning the virus entering one person may be genetically different from the virus entering the next. The current Ebola virus’s hyper-evolution is unprecedented; there has been more human-to-human transmission in the past four months than most likely occurred in the last 500 to 1,000 years. Each new infection represents trillions of throws of the genetic dice.

If certain mutations occurred, it would mean that just breathing would put one at risk of contracting Ebola. Infections could spread quickly to every part of the globe, as the H1N1 influenza virus did in 2009, after its birth in Mexico.

Why are public officials afraid to discuss this? They don’t want to be accused of screaming “Fire!” in a crowded theater — as I’m sure some will accuse me of doing. But the risk is real, and until we consider it, the world will not be prepared to do what is necessary to end the epidemic.

In 2012, a team of Canadian researchers proved that Ebola Zaire, the same virus that is causing the West Africa outbreak, could be transmitted by the respiratory route from pigs to monkeys, both of whose lungs are very similar to those of humans. Richard Preston’s 1994 best seller “The Hot Zone” chronicled a 1989 outbreak of a different strain, Ebola Reston virus, among monkeys at a quarantine station near Washington. The virus was transmitted through breathing, and the outbreak ended only when all the monkeys were euthanized. We must consider that such transmissions could happen between humans, if the virus mutates.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/1...140911&nlid=745484&tntemail0=y&_r=3&referrer=

2. You are a hypocrite.
Please provide evidence that this virus is a result of the immigrant children. Otherwise I accept your pathetic attempt to change the topic as a concession.

2. You are a hypocrite.
Please provide evidence that this virus is a result of the immigrant children. Otherwise I accept your pathetic attempt to change the topic as a concession.

You are completely missing the point. The U.S. has wiped out diseases that are chronic and deadly in other ares of the world due to lack of hygiene and vaccinations. With this open border policy, we are reintroducing them, and allowing new ones to enter.

There have been outbreaks of Chagas in California, for example, something that is hardly a native disease.

Chagas disease - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Ebola is not the flu.
Ebola fever
[ ēˌbōlə ˈfēvər ]
noun

The second possibility is one that virologists are loath to discuss openly but are definitely considering in private: that an Ebola virus could mutate to become transmissible through the air. You can now get Ebola only through direct contact with bodily fluids. But viruses like Ebola are notoriously sloppy in replicating, meaning the virus entering one person may be genetically different from the virus entering the next. The current Ebola virus’s hyper-evolution is unprecedented; there has been more human-to-human transmission in the past four months than most likely occurred in the last 500 to 1,000 years. Each new infection represents trillions of throws of the genetic dice.

If certain mutations occurred, it would mean that just breathing would put one at risk of contracting Ebola. Infections could spread quickly to every part of the globe, as the H1N1 influenza virus did in 2009, after its birth in Mexico.

Why are public officials afraid to discuss this? They don’t want to be accused of screaming “Fire!” in a crowded theater — as I’m sure some will accuse me of doing. But the risk is real, and until we consider it, the world will not be prepared to do what is necessary to end the epidemic.

In 2012, a team of Canadian researchers proved that Ebola Zaire, the same virus that is causing the West Africa outbreak, could be transmitted by the respiratory route from pigs to monkeys, both of whose lungs are very similar to those of humans. Richard Preston’s 1994 best seller “The Hot Zone” chronicled a 1989 outbreak of a different strain, Ebola Reston virus, among monkeys at a quarantine station near Washington. The virus was transmitted through breathing, and the outbreak ended only when all the monkeys were euthanized. We must consider that such transmissions could happen between humans, if the virus mutates.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/1...140911&nlid=745484&tntemail0=y&_r=3&referrer=
I'm sorry but I don't trust a newspaper such as the New York Times.
"The virus may be acquired upon contact with blood or bodily fluids of an infected animal.[1] Spreading through the air has not been documented in the natural environment.[2] Fruit bats are believed to be a carrier and may spread the virus without being affected. Once human infection occurs, the disease may spread between people, as well. Male survivors may be able to transmit the disease via semen for nearly two months. To make the diagnosis, typically other diseases with similar symptoms such as malaria, cholera and other viral hemorrhagic fevers are first excluded. To confirm the diagnosis, blood samples are tested for viral antibodies, viral RNA, or the virus itself.[1]"
Ebola virus disease - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"Because the natural reservoir of ebolaviruses has not yet been proven, the manner in which the virus first appears in a human at the start of an outbreak is unknown. However, researchers have hypothesized that the first patient becomes infected through contact with an infected animal.
When an infection does occur in humans, the virus can be spread in several ways to others. The virus is spread through direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes) with
  • a sick person's blood or body fluids (urine, saliva, feces, vomit, and semen)
  • objects (such as needles) that have been contaminated with infected body fluids
  • infected animals
Healthcare workers and the family and friends in close contact with Ebola patients are at the highest risk of getting sick because they may come in contact with infected blood or body fluids.
During outbreaks of Ebola HF, the disease can spread quickly within healthcare settings (such as a clinic or hospital). Exposure to ebolaviruses can occur in healthcare settings where hospital staff are not wearing appropriate protective equipment, such as masks, gowns, and gloves.
Proper cleaning and disposal of instruments, such as needles and syringes, is also important. If instruments are not disposable, they must be sterilized before being used again. Without adequate sterilization of the instruments, virus transmission can continue and amplify an outbreak."
Transmission Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever CDC

Ebola is not the flu.
Ebola fever
[ ēˌbōlə ˈfēvər ]
noun

I'm sorry but I don't trust a newspaper such as the New York Times.
"The virus may be acquired upon contact with blood or bodily fluids of an infected animal.[1] Spreading through the air has not been documented in the natural environment.[2] Fruit bats are believed to be a carrier and may spread the virus without being affected. Once human infection occurs, the disease may spread between people, as well. Male survivors may be able to transmit the disease via semen for nearly two months. To make the diagnosis, typically other diseases with similar symptoms such as malaria, cholera and other viral hemorrhagic fevers are first excluded. To confirm the diagnosis, blood samples are tested for viral antibodies, viral RNA, or the virus itself.[1]"
Ebola virus disease - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"Because the natural reservoir of ebolaviruses has not yet been proven, the manner in which the virus first appears in a human at the start of an outbreak is unknown. However, researchers have hypothesized that the first patient becomes infected through contact with an infected animal.
When an infection does occur in humans, the virus can be spread in several ways to others. The virus is spread through direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes) with
  • a sick person's blood or body fluids (urine, saliva, feces, vomit, and semen)
  • objects (such as needles) that have been contaminated with infected body fluids
  • infected animals
Healthcare workers and the family and friends in close contact with Ebola patients are at the highest risk of getting sick because they may come in contact with infected blood or body fluids.
During outbreaks of Ebola HF, the disease can spread quickly within healthcare settings (such as a clinic or hospital). Exposure to ebolaviruses can occur in healthcare settings where hospital staff are not wearing appropriate protective equipment, such as masks, gowns, and gloves.
Proper cleaning and disposal of instruments, such as needles and syringes, is also important. If instruments are not disposable, they must be sterilized before being used again. Without adequate sterilization of the instruments, virus transmission can continue and amplify an outbreak."
Transmission Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever CDC

Translation: You are Willfully Ignorant.

Good luck with that.

2. You are a hypocrite.

You are completely missing the point. The U.S. has wiped out diseases that are chronic and deadly in other ares of the world due to lack of hygiene and vaccinations. With this open border policy, we are reintroducing them, and allowing new ones to enter.

There have been outbreaks of Chagas in California, for example, something that is hardly a native disease.

Once again you are changing the point, moving the goal posts, and pretending like that is what was written in the OP. Your original point was that the enterovirus D68 (the virus infecting children, which you called the "border flu") was likely caused by immigrant children. If your point was something else, you should have written it down in the OP.

Your original stated argument, however, was thoroughly refuted.

2. You are a hypocrite.

Chagas disease is a disease caused by an insect bite and the article you posted even says there is no vaccine for it.

In Chagas-endemic areas, the main mode of transmission is through an insect vector called a triatomine bug.[4] A triatomine becomes infected with T. cruzi by feeding on the blood of an infected person or animal. During the day, triatomines hide in crevices in the walls and roofs. The bugs emerge at night, when the inhabitants are sleeping. Because they tend to feed on people's faces, triatomine bugs are also known as "kissing bugs". After they bite and ingest blood, they defecate on the person. Triatomines pass T. cruzi parasites (called trypomastigotes) in feces left near the site of the bite wound.[4]
Scratching the site of the bite causes the trypomastigotes to enter the host through the wound, or through intact mucous membranes, such as the conjunctiva. Once inside the host, the trypomastigotes invade cells, where they differentiate into intracellular amastigotes. The amastigotes multiply by binary fission and differentiate into trypomastigotes, which are then released into the bloodstream. This cycle is repeated in each newly infected cell. Replication resumes only when the parasites enter another cell or are ingested by another vector.[4] (See also: Life cycle and transmission of T. cruzi)
Dense vegetation (such as that of tropical rainforests) and urban habitats are not ideal for the establishment of the human transmission cycle. However, in regions where the sylvatic habitat and its fauna are thinned by economic exploitation and human habitation, such as in newly deforested areas, piassava palm culture areas, and some parts of the Amazon region, a human transmission cycle may develop as the insects search for new food sources.[12]
T. cruzi can also be transmitted through blood transfusions. With the exception of blood derivatives (such as fractionated antibodies), all blood components are infective. The parasite remains viable at 4 °C for at least 18 days or up to 250 days when kept at room temperature. It is unclear whether T. cruzi can be transmitted through frozen-thawed blood components.[13]
Other modes of transmission include organ transplantation, through breast milk,[14] and by accidental laboratory exposure. Chagas disease can also be spread congenitally (from a pregnant woman to her baby) through the placenta, and accounts for approximately 13% of stillborn deaths in parts of Brazil.[15]
Oral transmission is an unusual route of infection, but has been described. In 1991, farm workers in the state of Paraíba, Brazil, were infected by eating contaminated food; transmission has also occurred via contaminated açaí palm fruit juice and garapa.[16][17][18][19][20] A 2007 outbreak in 103 Venezuelan school children was attributed to contaminated guava juice.[21]
Chagas disease is a growing problem in Europe, because the majority of cases with chronic infection are asymptomatic and because of migration from Latin America.[22]
Diagnosis[edit]
The presence of T. cruzi is diagnostic of Chagas disease. It can be detected by microscopic examination of fresh anticoagulated blood, or its buffy coat, for motile parasites; or by preparation of thin and thick blood smears stained with Giemsa, for direct visualization of parasites. Microscopically, T. cruzi can be confused with Trypanosoma rangeli, which is not known to be pathogenic in humans. Isolation of T. cruzi can occur by inoculation into mice, by culture in specialized media (for example, NNN, LIT); and by xenodiagnosis,[23] where uninfected Reduviidae bugs are fed on the patient's blood, and their gut contents examined for parasites.[10]
Various immunoassays for T. cruzi are available and can be used to distinguish among strains (zymodemes of T.cruzi with divergent pathogenicities). These tests include: detecting complement fixation, indirect hemagglutination, indirect fluorescence assays, radioimmunoassays, and ELISA. Alternatively, diagnosis and strain identification can be made using polymerase chain reaction (PCR).[10]
Prevention[edit]

Awareness and prevention campaign poster in Cayenne, French Guiana, 2008
There is currently no vaccine against Chagas disease[24] and prevention is generally focused on fighting the vector Triatoma by using sprays and paints containing insecticides (synthetic pyrethroids), and improving housing and sanitary conditions in rural areas.[25] For urban dwellers, spending vacations and camping out in the wilderness or sleeping at hostels or mud houses in endemic areas can be dangerous; a mosquito net is recommended. Some measures of vector control include:
  • A yeast trap can be used for monitoring infestations of certain species of triatomine bugs (Triatoma sordida, Triatoma brasiliensis, Triatoma pseudomaculata, and Panstrongylus megistus).[26]
  • Promising results were gained with the treatment of vector habitats with the fungus Beauveria bassiana.[27]
  • Targeting the symbionts of Triatominae through paratransgenesis can be done.[28]
A number of potential vaccines are currently being tested. Vaccination with Trypanosoma rangeli has produced positive results in animal models.[29] More recently, the potential of DNA vaccines for immunotherapy of acute and chronic Chagas disease is being tested by several research groups.[30]
Blood transfusion was formerly the second-most common mode of transmission for Chagas disease, but the development and implementation of blood bank screening tests has dramatically reduced this risk in the last decade. Blood donations in all endemic Latin American countries undergo Chagas screening, and testing is expanding in countries, such as France, Spain and the United States, that have significant or growing populations of immigrants from endemic areas.[31][32] In Spain, donors are evaluated with a questionnaire to identify individuals at risk of Chagas exposure for screening tests.[32]
The US FDA has approved two Chagas tests, including one approved in April 2010, and has published guidelines that recommend testing of all donated blood and tissue products.[32][33] While these tests are not required in US, an estimated 75–90% of the blood supply is currently tested for Chagas, including all units collected by the American Red Cross, which accounts for 40% of the U.S. blood supply.[33][34] The Chagas Biovigilance Network reports current incidents of Chagas-positive blood products in the United States, as reported by labs using the screening test approved by the FDA in 2007.[35]

Chagas Disease:
Epidemiology[edit]

Chagas disease in Latin America (endemic zones)
Chagas disease affects 8 to 10 million people living in endemic Latin American countries, with an additional 300,000–400,000 living in nonendemic countries, including Spain and the United States. An estimated 41,200 new cases occur annually in endemic countries, and 14,400 infants are born with congenital Chagas disease annually.[2][10] in 2010 it resulted in approximately 10,300 deaths up from 9,300 in 1990.[41]
The disease is present in 18 countries on the American continents, ranging from the southern United States to northern Argentina.[4] Chagas exists in two different ecological zones. In the Southern Cone region, the main vector lives in and around human homes. In Central America and Mexico, the main vector species lives both inside dwellings and in uninhabited areas. In both zones, Chagas occurs almost exclusively in rural areas, where triatomines breed and feed on the over 150 species from 24 families of domestic and wild mammals, as well as humans, that are the natural reservoirs of T. cruzi.[42]
Although Triatominae bugs feed on them, birds appear to be immune to infection and therefore are not considered to be a T. cruzi reservoir. Even when colonies of insects are eradicated from a house and surrounding domestic animal shelters, they can re-emerge from plants or animals that are part of the ancient, sylvatic (referring to wild animals) infection cycle. This is especially likely in zones with mixed open savannah, with clumps of trees interspersed by human habitation.[43]
The primary wildlife reservoirs for Trypanosoma cruzi in the United States include opossums, raccoons, armadillos, squirrels, woodrats, and mice.[44] Opossums are particularly important as reservoirs, because the parasite can complete its life cycle in the anal glands of the animal without having to re-enter the insect vector.[44] Recorded prevalence of the disease in opossums in the U.S. ranges from 8.3%[44] to 37.5%.[45]
Studies on raccoons in the Southeast have yielded infection rates ranging from 47%[46] to as low as 15.5%.[44] Armadillo prevalence studies have been described in Louisiana, and range from a low of 1.1%[45] to 28.8%.[47] Additionally, small rodents, including squirrels, mice, and rats, are important in the sylvatic transmission cycle because of their importance as bloodmeal sources for the insect vectors. A Texas study revealed 17.3% percent T. cruzi prevalence in 75 specimens representing four separate small rodent species.[48]
Chronic Chagas disease remains a major health problem in many Latin American countries, despite the effectiveness of hygienic and preventive measures, such as eliminating the transmitting insects. However, several landmarks have been achieved in the fight against it in Latin America, including a reduction by 72% of the incidence of human infection in children and young adults in the countries of the Southern Cone Initiative, and at least three countries (Uruguay, in 1997, and Chile, in 1999, and Brazil in 2006) have been certified free of vectorial and transfusional transmission.[10][49][50] In Argentina, vectorial transmission has been interrupted in 13 of the 19 endemic provinces,[49] and major progress toward this goal has also been made in both Paraguay and Bolivia.
Screening of donated blood, blood components, and solid organ donors, as well as donors of cells, tissues, and cell and tissue products for T. cruzi is mandated in all Chagas-endemic countries and has been implemented.[51] Approximately 300,000 infected people live in the United States, which is likely the result of immigration from Latin American countries.[52] With increased population movements, the possibility of transmission by blood transfusion became more substantial in the United States. Transfusion blood and tissue products are now actively screened in the U.S., thus addressing and minimizing this risk.[53]

What on earth is your point?

I know people who have been bitten by "kissing bugs" which spread Chagas. One of them ended up in the hospital in anaphylactic shock, and nearly died. These bugs are not native to CA, they are transmitted via immigration from tropical areas.

If you get bitten, good luck dealing with the reaction without any Poisonous Medication.

I never said I was opposed to using medicines but I will only personally use them when medically necessary. (For example: IV fluids are not medically necessary when a woman is in labor. Just an example).
Medically necessary would be broken bones, venomous snake/spider/insect bites, etc.
Insects also travel, not just humans.

Forum List

Back