Child labor protections are the latest Republican target

To note, she did not claim they were being hired to be bartenders. She said they were being hired to serve drinks. That would be a waiter/waitress.
waiters/waitress serve food and drinks....not just drinks. Moreover, under Iowa law, someone has to be at least 16 to serve booze.

and no, she claimed that Republicans were hiring kids to tend bar:

Polishprince said:
I don't know of any Republicans who are hiring 14 year olds to tend bar.

Bars are rough places where a 14 year old should stay out of the way.

Although liberal joints that have drag shows, have minors as performers.

and in reply:
Well then there you go. It's not happening. PP said so.

waiters/waitress serve food and drinks....not just drinks. Moreover, under Iowa law, someone has to be at least 16 to serve booze.

Pretty crappy law.

It's pretty stupid to allow 16 year olds to serve booze.

The question isn't the law...you claimed Republicans are hiring kids to be bartenders...I want a link showing that. If you can't provide it, then you are just a liar.

No I didn't. I said that laws were passed making it legal for 14 year olds to serve alcohol in bars - in red states passing laws banning drag shows for "grooming". And that this is a bad idea for 14 year old girls.

Pretty crappy law.

It's pretty stupid to allow 16 year olds to serve booze.
why? If you run a Pizza shop, and sell pitchers of beer...sort of hard to hire someone that can't serve the beer.

A lot of 16 year olds would love the chance to make some money after school....pretty crappy not to let them have the chance.

why? If you run a Pizza shop, and sell pitchers of beer...sort of hard to hire someone that can't serve the beer.

It's done all the time. Underage cashiers can't ring up alcohol at Wal Mart.

A lot of 16 year olds would love the chance to make some money after school....pretty crappy not to let them have the chance.

Nothing wrong with an after school job.

No I didn't. I said that laws were passed making it legal for 14 year olds to serve alcohol in bars - in red states passing laws banning drag shows for "grooming". And that this is a bad idea for 14 year old girls.
I literally quoted you responding to the poster...that was your claim.

but show me a state that allows 14 year olds to tend bar...I'll wait...it's not Iowa...you have to be 16 there....it's not Arkansas

So....try again.

And yet Republicans are sending 14 year olds into bars to serve alcohol to adults. This work pays $2.50 per hour minimum wages plus tips. Bar waitresses are encouraged to wear low cut tops, make up, and act "flirty" for tips. It also encourages underage drinking which makes young inexperienced girls more vulnerable to abuse,

That's the very definition of "grooming". "Grooming" is teaching children to be "sexually available" for adults.
Where are Republicans sending 14 year olds to work in bars?

To note, she did not claim they were being hired to be bartenders. She said they were being hired to serve drinks. That would be a waiter/waitress.
What state? The lowest age you can serve alcohol is in Maine at age 17.

I am always hearing the dems and libs are a threat to children.
No way. Republicans do not care about children one bit!
How young is too young to work? 8 years old? 10?
I have provided multiple links. This is not isolated to Arkansas.

When do you tell the Republicans to go pound sand and LEAVE THE CHILDREN ALONE!

Arkansas is leading the charge against laws that protect kids — despite revelations of dangerous child labor nationwide.

Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders approved a bill on Tuesday eliminating a requirement for children under 16 to obtain state documentation in order to work. The new Arkansas law is just one of a number of state bills loosening child labor restrictions, despite evidence that young children are already engaged in dangerous and exploitative labor throughout the country.

Wisconsin

Iowa

Florida

and the list goes on and on and on.
Yet your party groomes 8 year olds to transform their body to be a different sex. Something that cannot be reversed. A child can quit their job. Your party is pure evil.

and no, she claimed that Republicans were hiring kids to tend bar:

Polishprince said:
I don't know of any Republicans who are hiring 14 year olds to tend bar.

Bars are rough places where a 14 year old should stay out of the way.

Although liberal joints that have drag shows, have minors as performers.

and in reply:

Waiters and waitresses in restaurants serve food and drinks to all ages. Bars serve more alcohol than food, and and you have to be legal drinking age to enter.

Iowa just changed their laws on child labour.

My reply to PP was sarcasm and you are still refusing the address the issue of very young girls being encouraged to work as a bar waitress. A waitress friend said there is no occupation which "grooms" young women more than working in a bar.

Yet your party groomes 8 year olds to transform their body to be a different sex. Something that cannot be reversed. A child can quit their job. Your party is pure evil.
That is a decision made between the patient and the Doctor. That is medical care. Keep you hands of medical care.

Great articles. You read them all? I did. Not sure which was the best.

That is a decision made between the patient and the Doctor. That is medical care. Keep you hands of medical care.

Manipulating parents and pre pubescent children into chemically castrating them selves or mutilating their chests for political reasons is not “ medical care”.

A child shouldn't be making irreversible decisions till they are an adult, and any doctor that would do anything to a person under 18. Should lose his medical license.

Waiters and waitresses in restaurants serve food and drinks to all ages. Bars serve more alcohol than food, and and you have to be legal drinking age to enter.

My reply to PP was sarcasm and you are still refusing the address the issue of very young girls being encouraged to work as a bar waitress. A waitress friend said there is no occupation which "grooms" young women more than working in a bar.
they didn’t change their law on the age you need to serve booze. Once again you just parroted propaganda not based on reality, and never bothered to look up the facts

typical dembot cultist

You said 14 year olds could serve alcohol? Where is that at?

That's completely false. Firstly "grooming" is the specific behaviours that pedophiles engage in prior to sexually assaulting a child. They are friendly, welcoming, and helpful. When the child trusts them, they start with the touching, and telling the child they're "special". The pedophile seeks access to the victim, and manipulates the child into think that the abuse is the child's fault, and we must never tell anyone or your "friend" will go to jail.

In one case I know of, the man was assaulting his own children, and their friends. His wife would take the friends aside afterwards, and tell them that if they told anyone what happened, their friend's father would go to jail, and the family would be homeless and starve. And it would be "their fault".

Seeking care for a transgender child is the furthest thing from "grooming" possible. No trans child can receive surgical treatment until they're a physical adult. That's biology and medicine.

What is "pure evil" is preventing these children from getting any at all. Parents and doctors should be making these decisions, not crazy Republicans believing Q-anon propaganda and complete bullshit about non-existant "pedophiles and groomers".

they didn’t change their law on the age you need to serve booze. Once again you just parroted propaganda not based on reality, and never bothered to look up the facts

typical dembot cultist

From the link I posted:

"The Iowa bill would expand the number of hours that children under 16 can work from four to six a day, allow minors to work in previously prohibited industries if they are part of a training program, and allow 16- and 17-year–olds to serve alcohol with a parent’s permission."

From the link I posted:

"The Iowa bill would expand the number of hours that children under 16 can work from four to six a day, allow minors to work in previously prohibited industries if they are part of a training program, and allow 16- and 17-year–olds to serve alcohol with a parent’s permission."
You said 14, you are lying and this is the BS you blame others for, I catch in this BS all the time, you are no different than The Republicans are you?

Forum List

Back