Chico and the Man is the only sitcom I have not seen from the 1970's that last 4 or more seasons

Why would chico and the man be banned?
Chico was a poor hispanic kid from the barrio. Early in the show "the Man", who was a grumpy old white man, would use ethnic slurs directed towards Chico because he didn't much care for him.

Later on the Man took a liking to Chico, and tried to mentor him and keep the kid from getting in trouble.

Like I said, in todays hyper PC culture any racial comedy directed towards a minority is strictly forbidden. But it's always ok to racially stereotype white people. In fact, it's encouraged. ... :cool:

Chico was a poor hispanic kid from the barrio. Early in the show "the Man", who was a grumpy old white man, would use ethnic slurs directed towards Chico because he didn't much care for him.

Later on the Man took a liking to Chico, and tried to mentor him and keep the kid from getting in trouble.

Like I said, in todays hyper PC culture any racial comedy directed towards a minority is strictly forbidden. But it's always ok to racially stereotype white people. In fact, it's encouraged. ... :cool:

oh good------I would HATE to have to live without being stereotyped----I am also
short and left handed. As our beloved ILHAN was stated------I have suffered times 3 ---she as immigrant, muslim and afro. ME as short, left handed
and PINK

Looks like this show will never been in syndication or DVD so it will never have a new generation of fans like all the other shows from the 70's. I can understand the DVD but you would think it would atleast air on digital TV like Me-TV or Antenna TV. It would be nice to watch the 1st two seasons to see what made the show a great hit

I do remember chico and the man

theirs a station playing buck rogers
I forgot just how friggin smoking hot erin gray was

8u7Belx.jpg

biggy biggy bigggy camel toe buck

Looks like this show will never been in syndication or DVD so it will never have a new generation of fans like all the other shows from the 70's. I can understand the DVD but you would think it would atleast air on digital TV like Me-TV or Antenna TV. It would be nice to watch the 1st two seasons to see what made the show a great hit
Freddie Prinze (Chico) committed suicide (gunshot to the head) during the third season. Perhaps that fact has something to do with why the program was not syndicated like other programs.

Amos 'n' Andy was banned decades ago because the show featured comical black racial stereotype's as part of its humor.

Yet the comedy Laurel & Hardy used racial stereotypes as part of its humor. But that is ok because the two character are white. ... :cool:

Cause he's a goddam ****.

Freddie Prinze (Chico) committed suicide (gunshot to the head) during the third season. Perhaps that fact has something to do with why the program was not syndicated like other programs.

But he didnt do it on the show so why cant it be in syndication? Maybe because it was a main character

But he didnt do it on the show so why cant it be in syndication? Maybe because it was a main character
RACISM!!! EVIL whites !!!!!---that's why

I don't know!

Good news, it is available on DVD!

CHICO AND THE MAN - THE COMPLETE SERIES (RARE!!!) - Rewatch Classic TV

That's why all my sheets are "colored".......... Red, plum, blue, etc........

RACIST!! the Lord will SMITE thee

RACIST!! the Lord will SMITE thee
Too late........

I don't know!

Good news, it is available on DVD!

CHICO AND THE MAN - THE COMPLETE SERIES (RARE!!!) - Rewatch Classic TV

You are my new favorite poster on this site. I love you for this. Thank you

My understanding is that, for syndication, they want 5 seasons.

Or at least used to. That might have changed.

My understanding is that, for syndication, they want 5 seasons.

Or at least used to. That might have changed.

wrong. CPO sharkey with Don rickles that aired on NBC in 1976 only had 2 seasons and was in syndication on comedy central and my local station in philly in 1989

Forum List

Back