Chico and the Man is the only sitcom I have not seen from the 1970's that last 4 or more seasons

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Looks like this show will never been in syndication or DVD so it will never have a new generation of fans like all the other shows from the 70's. I can understand the DVD but you would think it would atleast air on digital TV like Me-TV or Antenna TV. It would be nice to watch the 1st two seasons to see what made the show a great hit

"Chico and the Man" was a popular prime time Tv show.

But in today's PC infected media.

It has joined "Amos & Andy" as a show forever banned. ... :cuckoo:

Well how come All in the Family and the Jeffersons not banned???????????????

Looks like this show will never been in syndication or DVD so it will never have a new generation of fans like all the other shows from the 70's. I can understand the DVD but you would think it would atleast air on digital TV like Me-TV or Antenna TV. It would be nice to watch the 1st two seasons to see what made the show a great hit

I vaguely remember it, as funny and enjoyable.

But I was pretty young.

But I was pretty young.
Same here.

But I was pretty young.

you would have needed to be atleast 12 when it was on

Never heard of it.

Probably because you are one of two things

1. Under 30

2. Only like white shows
Strike one, wrong on both counts........

Ok

1. No TV in your household

2. Not much of a TV watcher

3. Dont like sitcoms
Yeah there were TVs, I rarely watched TV and still don't. Sitcoms tend to rot the brain.........

Yall family household number were rotted which is sad

Never heard of it.

Probably because you are one of two things

1. Under 30

2. Only like white shows
Strike one, wrong on both counts........

Ok

1. No TV in your household

2. Not much of a TV watcher

3. Dont like sitcoms
Yeah there were TVs, I rarely watched TV and still don't. Sitcoms tend to rot the brain.........

Yall family household number were rotted which is sad
Obviously I'm not the one watching them Mr proof positive........ I rest my case....... :thup:

Amos 'n' Andy was banned decades ago because the show featured comical black racial stereotype's as part of its humor.

Yet the comedy Laurel & Hardy used racial stereotypes as part of its humor and is still sometimes shown on Tv.

But that is ok because the two characters are white. ... :cool:

Last edited:
Amos 'n' Andy was banned decades ago because the show featured comical black racial stereotype's as part of its humor.

Yet the comedy Laurel & Hardy used racial stereotypes as part of its humor. But that is ok because the two character are white. ... :cool:

Why would chico and the man be banned?

"Chico and the Man" was a popular prime time Tv show.

But in today's PC infected media.

It has joined "Amos & Andy" as a show forever banned. ... :cuckoo:

Well how come All in the Family and the Jeffersons not banned???????????????
Because those two shows caricatured whites. If Chico and the Man had had the foresight to include a buffoonish white next-door neighbor like Tom Willis, it would be a mainstay today.

I have a vague memory that CHICO died tragically-----maybe suicide---or something---will try to find the information

Forum List

Back