Cheney said what? Mubarak a good friend, US ally

Bosun

Jan 22, 2011
Underground Bunker Mojave Desert
Man, are the libs and progressives going to come out swinging on this... All the jouralists that were getting slapped around will be joining in....

Cheney calls Mubarak a good friend, US ally

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (AP) - Former Vice President Dick Cheney on Saturday called Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak a good friend and U.S. ally, and he urged the Obama administration to move cautiously as turmoil continued to shake that nation's government. Cheney's comments came a day after...

Damn! I hope the current administration is not listening to Cheney on anything.

this is our main cheerleader to invade Iraq. And said the Reagan proved the defecit did not matter. Championed torture, etc.

I ma not commenting on the egypt situation just on Cheney.
And yes I am attacking the source not the messenger.

Another Imperialist who is afraid of losing power and money. The people of Egypt should control the Suez Canal and they have every right to rise up against their oppressors.

How can we not stand up with our impoverished brothers overseas when they are trying to throw off the same yolk of oppression we fought against in our own revolution?

Viva la Revolution de la Egypt!

Another Imperialist who is afraid of losing power and money. The people of Egypt should control the Suez Canal and they have every right to rise up against their oppressors.

How can we not stand up with our impoverished brothers overseas when they are trying to throw off the same yolk of oppression we fought against in our own revolution?

Long live Anarchy? Is that what you are saying comrade?

Last edited:
Then do it Right, you have the chance in Sept, You can make the difference, go out and Vote in Sept, Mubarak has agreed to step down

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Long live Anarchy? Is that what you are saying comrade?

Well, I wouldn't disagree with that sentiment... but that's not what I said in my original post. I'll settle for Social Democracy in Egypt. I am a realist afterall.

through many trials an many tribulations he has worked to keep Peace in the Middle East
That he has bro... Now the libs, Media, and others would like to throw him under the bus; back up and go forward several times to flatten him.... Personally I believe we (the free world) is screwed if the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, Hezbollah to the north, and Iran link up under the banner of the enemy of my enemy is my friend... Already the Palis are saying that the plight of the Egyptians are the same as theirs.... House of Ishmael wins big time in this modern day changing of the guard....

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Mubarak HAS been a GOOD ALLY. Doesn't matter who said it, it is true. Pretending other wise is ignorant.

He has been an excellent puppet.

But I think you would speak differently if he were President of the U.S. for thirty years.

He served the purpose but still could have tried to resolve the issues in Egypt...

Government letting the people down is nothing new...:eusa_eh:

It would be interesting to see these puppet regimes fall and real democracy from the people take over as opposed to imperialist invasions and corrupt dictators.

Well in most "democratic" countries less than 20% of the population control the media, the economy and the elections so that wouldnt be such a big difference from a normal democracy.

And there are other reasons behind the election victories of islamist parties than religion and these are far more the result of puppet regimes, oppression and inequality that pushes people into the arms of radicals.

The US supported the corrupt torture government of egypt so the result would naturally be that the brotherhood would be more attractive to some people than mc donalds. A lesson there maybe for the future in funding dictatorships.

And what would happen with the us gas prices if saudi became democratic?

Last edited:
Man, are the libs and progressives going to come out swinging on this... All the jouralists that were getting slapped around will be joining in....

Cheney calls Mubarak a good friend, US ally

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (AP) - Former Vice President Dick Cheney on Saturday called Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak a good friend and U.S. ally, and he urged the Obama administration to move cautiously as turmoil continued to shake that nation's government. Cheney's comments came a day after...

i love when people make up what other people believe just so they can disagree with it.

:rolleyes:

Is this the same Dick Cheney who was in the chorus of neocons who claimed that the Iraq war would lead to a spreading of democratic change throughout the Middle East?

Yep:

Cheney Calls on Allies to Help Spread Democracy

By Jim Garamone
American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, Jan. 27, 2004 – Vice President Dick Cheney urged European allies to join with the United States in spreading democracy and the rule of law in the Middle East.

"...Democracies do not breed the anger and radicalism that drag down whole societies and export violence," he said. "Terrorists do not find fertile recruiting grounds in societies where young people have the right to guide their own destiny and choose their own leaders...."

DefenseLINK News: Cheney Calls on Allies to Help Spread Democracy

Forum List

Back