Cheney said what? Mubarak a good friend, US ally

Man, are the libs and progressives going to come out swinging on this... All the jouralists that were getting slapped around will be joining in....

Cheney calls Mubarak a good friend, US ally

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (AP) - Former Vice President Dick Cheney on Saturday called Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak a good friend and U.S. ally, and he urged the Obama administration to move cautiously as turmoil continued to shake that nation's government. Cheney's comments came a day after...

i love when people make up what other people believe just so they can disagree with it.

:rolleyes:

We have several examples of Board liberals in this thread attacking Cheney and ignoring the fact that what he said was true. Or didn't you bother to read the thread?

Mubarak HAS been a GOOD ALLY. Doesn't matter who said it, it is true. Pretending other wise is ignorant.

Absolutely right.

For the USA and Israel, Mubarak was a godsend.

Sadly for the people of Egypt he is/was just another corrupt dictator.

Now ask yourselves why the USA couldn't forge an healthy alliance with an Egyptian government whose role was first to provide a good life for the majority of Egyptians?

Is there something going on behind the scenes (read economics, folks) that makes the masters running this nation want to keep a totalitarian oppressive corrupt regime in power?

If notm then what do we care of The Egyptian people dump that cabal and replace it with a TRULY democratic republic?

If anything, given that we believe in truly representaitonal republics we ought to be happy that this is happening.

Don't we constantly tell ourseves that that is the sort of government we want the whole world to be run by?

OR...

is it just possible that our masters LIKE working with corrupt oppressive governments?

Last edited:
Its the marketing that is the problem; we in the west keep saying that "democracy is best" at the same time we finance and install puppet dictators and call people terrorists if they elect anything else than what the west expects like Hamas.

Decades of dictator financing has already made their population very suspicious about our brand of "democracy" and very bitter about the western double standards and the only one to blame for that is ourselves.

Mubarak is a plant. Just Like Saddam, Manny Noriega, Pinochet, Al Samoza. It's a never ending list of implants by the Nazi regime.
Karzai ( Chevron) was the latest "put" into office. He worked with Condomleeza Rice (and beans) at Chevron. Look it up !

Man, are the libs and progressives going to come out swinging on this... All the jouralists that were getting slapped around will be joining in....

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (AP) - Former Vice President Dick Cheney on Saturday called Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak a good friend and U.S. ally, and he urged the Obama administration to move cautiously as turmoil continued to shake that nation's government. Cheney's comments came a day after...

i love when people make up what other people believe just so they can disagree with it.

:rolleyes:

We have several examples of Board liberals in this thread attacking Cheney and ignoring the fact that what he said was true. Or didn't you bother to read the thread?

once again, you're a liar. what 'board liberals'? douger the troll? some noobie with a sickle in his avi calling himself 'comrade ishamel'? that's your idea of board liberal?

your relationship with reality is tenuous.

once again, like i said, i love when people make up stuff about what others believe and then castigate them for what they made up.

Mubarak has been a good ally to the US. So was the Shah of Iran. Doesn't make him the best leader of Egypt

Another Imperialist who is afraid of losing power and money. The people of Egypt should control the Suez Canal and they have every right to rise up against their oppressors.

How can we not stand up with our impoverished brothers overseas when they are trying to throw off the same yolk of oppression we fought against in our own revolution?

Viva la Revolution de la Egypt!

Long live Anarchy? Is that what you are saying comrade?

Well, I wouldn't disagree with that sentiment... but that's not what I said in my original post. I'll settle for Social Democracy in Egypt. I am a realist afterall.

Tell us what you really think Comrade. :evil:

Biden: Mubarak Is Not a Dictator, But People Have a Right to Protest

Exclusive | Biden: Mubarak Is Not a Dictator, But People Have a Right to Protest | PBS NewsHour | Jan. 27, 2011 | PBS

?

Damn! I hope the current administration is not listening to Cheney on anything.

this is our main cheerleader to invade Iraq. And said the Reagan proved the defecit did not matter. Championed torture, etc.

I ma not commenting on the egypt situation just on Cheney.
And yes I am attacking the source not the messenger.

Obama: Mubarak is a "Stalwart Ally ... Force for Stability & Good"

Last edited by a moderator:

this is our main cheerleader to invade Iraq. And said the Reagan proved the defecit did not matter. Championed torture, etc.

You left out the part where Cheney put frick'n lasers on Mars in order to control the galaxy.

BTW.. the calls to invade Iraq began with the Clinton administration. But hey, don't let that bother you.

:eusa_drool::eusa_drool:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Like it or not, sometimes the Devil you know is better than the one you don't know.

Dick Cheney is absolutely correct. I can't imagine him or the Bush Administration going behind an allie's back and sticking a knife in them.

Like it or not, sometimes the Devil you know is better than the one you don't know.

true. i just think its hilarious that folks like USC are ripping on cheney while ignoring obama's comments and hoping obama isn't listening to cheney when obama said the same thing and actually gave more praise to mubarak

Dick Cheney is absolutely correct. I can't imagine him or the Bush Administration going behind an allie's back and sticking a knife in them.

This is the brilliant foreign policy we were promised? Seems like amateur night if you ask me.

Yeah DICK. The Shah was a friend also, wasn't he? The time has come to stop supporting dictators!

You left out the part where Cheney put frick'n lasers on Mars in order to control the galaxy.

BTW.. the calls to invade Iraq began with the Clinton administration. But hey, don't let that bother you.

:eusa_drool::eusa_drool:

:lol:

Yeah..they were from the PNAC. Clinton balked. Bush hired them.

Forum List

Back