Cheap Auto HUD

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
The new Hudway Glass head-up display (HUD) helps drivers keep their eyes on the road—and their wallets. Once reserved for fighter pilots and high-end luxury cars, HUDs project vital information like speed or GPS directions on a transparent screen in front of the driver, giving real-time data while still providing an unobstructed view of the road ahead. And in dangerous driving conditions with low visibility, HUDs can warn of upcoming hazards or unexpected twists and turns. You Can Add This New Luxury Feature to Your Car For Under $50 | Architectural Digest

this looks like million dolla idea,,,,,,until it becomes standard issue, only $50

This is not a real HUD. I have such a display on the external control unit of my walkman. You heard right, my old cassette player.

However, I plan to get a Trabi and equip it with all the great new stuff available. HUD, four-stroke engine, good heating, notebook mounting and whatever those creative car gusy have to offer.

But well, I am not planning to alter its shape like this one, the front is not beautiful, but maybe the hood and the fender just need a different color.
blue-trabi-by-stefan-1140c776ad385d040-0-0-0-0-0.jpg

800px-Der_Trabi.jpg

I could keep the engine, then it is not very powerful but one of the most thrifty and reliable car with maybe 4 liter/ 100 Km and decades of rolling.

PS, this logo is not appreciated but now it cuts a good wallpaper:
jpcqtkpz.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back