Charts from the senate income inequity hearing

Just make up your opponents argument, attack, and get high fives from your brethren. All in a days work for a USMB Right Wing Nut.

The "crux" of my argument is not that if taxes are raised on the rich, I will get more income. That's not even what I would argue.

My point is that over the last 30 years the wages of the majority of Americans have not been keeping up with the cost of living while a small few flourishing more so than ever. That's an undeniable fact that y'all wish to ignore and I think that's fucked up a) that it's happening and b) that a lot of people not only don't see anything wrong with it but try to shout it down when it's brought up. I'm not alone but it's all "irrelevant" you guys. Wages are stagnant for most and things have been getting harder and harder for all but a few. Ho hum. You see what's been going on around you and you don't bat an eye at it.

The sad thing is that the grip is so strong and so accepted that there's really not much that can be done about it. The country as a whole has to bend over and take it.

Y'all are an embarrassment.

Boot lickers.

And the remedy is to raise taxes on those making the most according to people here.

All I asked was how will raising taxes address income disparity and you said that question was "retarded".

And BTW if you don't think taxes will address said income disparity that what exactly will?

Perhaps telling people they can only make a predetermined maximum income?

Setting a maximum limit on earnings will never happen and I don't think it should be done. Legislation that ties CEO and top exec pay to their lowest paid employee wont happen either, however I do think that work wonders in aligning the slopes of those line. As I said....the grip is so strong, the elite and big money interest have so much control that anything that could do something about that massive skew is DOA.

it is true that no american, once they achieve the top 1% percent status, is going to voluntarily ask for a reduction in their pay or income. it's kinda like sports, the owners and their top producers (the players) make all the money and everyone else in the organization (security guards, concession stand employees, event planners, building maintenance, etc) make practically nothing in comparison. compare someone like Kobe to someone making 50k a year. that is .002% or Kobe's salary. now, i'm not saying that NBA players shouldn't get paid, but you have to admit that the differences in salary of normal people and the top earners is amazing. And NBA players are just gonna get richer and richer.

and to put all that in perspective, Kobe is so much poorer than the richest people in our country that they can't even see him. now that's some massive income differences.

Last edited:
and just to add one more thing, did you know that donald trump's net worth is only .005% of the richest people in the country. they must think he's a beggar.

Last edited:
The question no one is asking is how can a person who was of moderate means before being elected and earns only 160K a year while serving becomes a multi millionaire in just a few short years?

People here want to blame it on "the rich" or "big business" bribing politicians but I blame the politicians who pass laws to enrich themselves.

This is confusing. I thought you were all for the richest continuing to become richer and richer.

You really can't expect that the very same Congress people that cook the laws for the richest wouldn't include for themselves a little of that gravy. Would you?

And you have to have most of the members in Congress being millioniares. Otherwise it would look like poor people selling favors to rich people.

Now it is rich people giving favors for richer people.

See the difference? "Selling" vs. "Giving"

The question no one is asking is how can a person who was of moderate means before being elected and earns only 160K a year while serving becomes a multi millionaire in just a few short years?

People here want to blame it on "the rich" or "big business" bribing politicians but I blame the politicians who pass laws to enrich themselves.

This is confusing. I thought you were all for the richest continuing to become richer and richer.

You really can't expect that the very same Congress people that cook the laws for the richest wouldn't include for themselves a little of that gravy. Would you?

And you have to have most of the members in Congress being millioniares. Otherwise it would look like poor people selling favors to rich people.

Now it is rich people giving favors for richer people.

See the difference? "Selling" vs. "Giving"

the reason that Congress members get rich "after" coming to DC is due to the fact that it's legal for them to inside trade. the rest of us go to jail for doing so.

They do it because they have been bought out by the monied interests.

Any flavor of rep can be bought.

The republican party members just are Bought BEFORE they even get into office.

My Congressman got to be a millioniare by directing contracts to his wife's business.

So actually, she made him a millioniare. And they earned it the old fashioned way; by using connections and influence and insider information. The American way.

They want to try and convince the American people that they do great when the income inequality keeps increasing.

Just how stupid do they think Americans are?

Just how stupid do they think Americans are?

Pretty damn stupid. George Bush got elected twice. Of course the other side would say Obama got elected once.

But you know who has the gift that keeps on giving is the Congresspeople. 10, 15, 20, 30 years in Congress. You know they know how to play the game.

As it applies to stupid Americans. Americans are so stupid they vote on a single issue. Never do a certain group of voters look at several issues. It is guns, gays or abortion.

Now that is a stupid way to approach serious issues. But that is the way it works. One issue one vote.
Let us cheer for stupid Americans.

George Bush was never elected by the American people.

Both elections were heavily flawed by right wing tactics

Could be. But the American people were to stupid (some anyway) to understand what had happened.
And the others that did understand what they had done, were very proud.

Do you sheep really think that the government taking money away from those who make more than you will increase your income?

Yeah, It's not like when we had REALLY high top tax rates, over 90% during that PINKO COMMIE Eisenhower's administration, that the middle class did well.

Oh wait...that was the MOST PROSPEROUS TIME for the middle class, wasn't it?

Gee, well it certainly appears that HIGH TOP TAX rates do NOT, in and of themselves PREVENT middle class upward mobility, do they?

And what happened as top tax rates went DOWN?
Why golly, middle class wages stagnated for the last 30 years as taxes on the rich were cut and our deficits grew.
Hmmm...seems that rather than invest and GROW a company, execs decided to take the money and run.

That you choose to ignore empirical historical evidence on high top tax rates only shows what a pawn you are.

For Republicans, the rich will never make enough money and the poor will never be poor enough.

Do you sheep really think that the government taking money away from those who make more than you will increase your income?

Yeah, It's not like when we had REALLY high top tax rates, over 90% during that PINKO COMMIE Eisenhower's administration, that the middle class did well.

Oh wait...that was the MOST PROSPEROUS TIME for the middle class, wasn't it?

Gee, well it certainly appears that HIGH TOP TAX rates do NOT, in and of themselves PREVENT middle class upward mobility, do they?

And what happened as top tax rates went DOWN?
Why golly, middle class wages stagnated for the last 30 years as taxes on the rich were cut and our deficits grew.
Hmmm...seems that rather than invest and GROW a company, execs decided to take the money and run.

That you choose to ignore empirical historical evidence on high top tax rates only shows what a pawn you are.

The fact you think some americans should be treated differently shows you are a low life.

Or should I have used the word useful idiot?

The poor will either become poor enough to go to work, or not be nearly poor enough.

The fact you think some americans should be treated differently shows you are a low life.

And the fact you seem to think all Americans are treated equally means you dumb.

The idea that a multi millioniare should pay exactly the same percentage of taxes as a person making 20k a year is an idea that is so fuking stupid it is painful to try and discuss.

I thought unemployment was good for the economy, that it stimulates the economy, are Democrats backtracking on that now?

Could be. But the American people were to stupid (some anyway) to understand what had happened.
And the others that did understand what they had done, were very proud.

Its fact.

The floridas central file kept thousands of dems from voting.

They were told they were felons when they were not.

They were turned away from the voting booth when they did not deserve it.

Its called disenfranchisement.

The American people chose Gore and had Bush forced on them by a cheating republican party.

Dont blame the people.

If they are allowed to choose without republicans cheating they will NOT pick the republicans.

That is why the republican party keeps trying to cheat.

They can NOT WIN ELECTIONS without cheating

Forum List

Back