Charlie Rangel wants draft reinstated.

You do know Charlie Rangel is a decorated American war hero...right?

:cool:
There are old VETS that signed back up after 9/11...but you know that...RIGHT?:eusa_hand::eusa_whistle:

Korean War vets? The Korean War ended 60 years ago.

I don't see many guys in their 70s and 80s being allowed to enlist.

Very much like the guy who slips on a bannana peel and tries to look like it never happened..

I doubt very much "The T" knew that Rangel was a vet.

Or that Rangel puts country over party.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX1lBOxoJeU]Rangel Responds to Chavez - YouTube[/ame]

That was Rangel defending Bush after Chavez blasted him in the UN.

Unlike Republicans who rallied around foreign leader Netanyahu after he criticized Obama in our Country.

There are old VETS that signed back up after 9/11...but you know that...RIGHT?:eusa_hand::eusa_whistle:

Korean War vets? The Korean War ended 60 years ago.

I don't see many guys in their 70s and 80s being allowed to enlist.
Shows he has zero NADS for not even offering, doesn't it?

He can sacrifice his own family if he is so fucking bent on this...

Npope...and what's this 'kiddo shit'?

I am much older than you pup Brian.

Tommy..you drunk.

This ain't Brian.

Check out my personal page. It's got my picture and everything.
...not so...but keep guessing and making a fool of yourself.

Guessing? Guessing what?

How much have you had to drink man?

Seriously..sleep it off. You ain't pretty when you are drunk..

You ain't pretty when you are sober either..but you are much less embarrassing.

Tommy..you drunk.

This ain't Brian.

Check out my personal page. It's got my picture and everything.
...not so...but keep guessing and making a fool of yourself.

Guessing? Guessing what?

How much have you had to drink man?

Seriously..sleep it off. You ain't pretty when you are drunk..

You ain't pretty when you are sober either..but you are much less embarrassing.
Keep talking out of your ass JESS...:eusa_whistle:

Why do we need a draft? There are people lined up for miles trying to get in, both officer and enlisted. The services can take their pick from the best of the best. Plus, we are in a drawdown. As usual, Rangel proves that he is a kook.

And as soon as the economy turns around they will have to beg, borrow and steal to find recruits. Just like they did in 2003-2006. You know how the cycle goes or are you too partisan to tell the truth?

I've always said I think that's a great idea. The military was good for me. If the draft was reinstated, the left wing would be less willing to send young men and women off to war over a lie. They have no problem screwing over a bunch of poor people, but it would be something else if it were their own children. Pretty clear and hard to deny.

Then we agree on something. But don't forget, it was Bush and the Republicans who brought down Saddam at the cost of thousands of American lives and tens of thousand maimed for life.

Obama got Qaddafi without the loss of a single American life. Oh, and it was Obama that got Bin Laden, not Bush, not the Republicans, no matter what they say.

Rangel:

What do U think???
I agree with him. I think it's the best thing we could do for a number of reasons, first of which is it would have prevented Bush from lying us into invading Iraq and we would not have emulated Russia's debacle in Afghanistan, which is exactly what we're doing today.

Another reason is we would have an enormous reserve of trained soldiers in the civilian sector who could be called up and deployed in weeks instead of months (as was the case in WW-II) in the event of emergency.

Another very good reason is a conscript army is a Peoples' army, whereas an enlisted army is a mercenary army in service to its employer -- the government.

And anyone who believes a conscripted army is inferior to a volunteer army is disrespectfully ignoring the performance of our troops in WW-II.

Rangel is a true American hero..and these are the exact reasons for doing this.

The whole blackwater/halliburton privatization of our military during Afghanistan and Iraq was a travesty.

do you hold the same regards for duke c?

Why do we need a draft? There are people lined up for miles trying to get in, both officer and enlisted. The services can take their pick from the best of the best. Plus, we are in a drawdown. As usual, Rangel proves that he is a kook.

And as soon as the economy turns around they will have to beg, borrow and steal to find recruits. Just like they did in 2003-2006. You know how the cycle goes or are you too partisan to tell the truth?

Hello saltpeter,

Why do you keep trying? I usually ignore the dumber debaters on here but you think that you are a masterdebater so here goes. Check out the link. It is a 100 plus page study and you will have to dig, but it shows the Army and Marine Corps meeting or exceeding recruiting goals during the years you cited. It also shows retention numbers and the quality of recruits such as the high number of high school grads, etc.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/76xx/doc7626/10-05-Recruiting.pdf

Now I will admit that the Obama economy has the number of prospective recruits at a very high level. When a more qualified president takes over and fixes the economy though, there will still be enough patriots lining up to join.

Like my son has said, he'd rather have someone fighting next to him that WANTS to be there and not someone forced to be.

FACT: Anyone, draftee or volunteer, who WANTS to get shot at is fucking CRAZY.
Fact:

“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things, the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse. When a people are used as mere human instruments for firing cannon or thrusting bayonets, in the service and for the selfish purposes of a master, such war degrades a people. A war to protect other human beings against tyrannical injustice; a war to give victory to their own ideas of right and good, and which is their own war, carried on for an honest purpose by their free choice, — is often the means of their regeneration. A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”
― John Stuart Mill

Rangel:

What do U think???
I agree with him. I think it's the best thing we could do for a number of reasons, first of which is it would have prevented Bush from lying us into invading Iraq and we would not have emulated Russia's debacle in Afghanistan, which is exactly what we're doing today.

Another reason is we would have an enormous reserve of trained soldiers in the civilian sector who could be called up and deployed in weeks instead of months (as was the case in WW-II) in the event of emergency.

Another very good reason is a conscript army is a Peoples' army, whereas an enlisted army is a mercenary army in service to its employer -- the government.

And anyone who believes a conscripted army is inferior to a volunteer army is disrespectfully ignoring the performance of our troops in WW-II.
A People's Army, comrade?

I've always said I think that's a great idea. The military was good for me. If the draft was reinstated, the left wing would be less willing to send young men and women off to war over a lie. They have no problem screwing over a bunch of poor people, but it would be something else if it were their own children. Pretty clear and hard to deny.

Then we agree on something. But don't forget, it was Bush and the Republicans who brought down Saddam at the cost of thousands of American lives and tens of thousand maimed for life.

Obama got Qaddafi without the loss of a single American life. Oh, and it was Obama that got Bin Laden, not Bush, not the Republicans, no matter what they say.

So someone has actually admitted that Libya was Obama's war....thank you!
But HE didn't get Qaddafi...the rebels did. And no matter what you say, Obama did not get Bin Ladin, the Seals did because of all the Intel that BUSH put in place years ago. In fact there's a lot of talk of how hesitant obama was to issue the order to take him out, that Paneta had to be the one to do it. But you can believe what you want....

wrangel.jpg

The T said:
As Soon As This Beached Whale Signs Up

Did you demand similar respect for John McCain, decorated American war hero?

I know it isn't a popular subject but I think they should reinstate the draft.

Other than Invasion, I won't support it. It's just another way for Democrats to control our lives. Charlie is just an angry old man. Don't buy into his bullshit.
Don't you find it interesting that as soon as the public response to Vietnam (the Protest Movement) showed the Military Industrial Complex that no more unnecessary, profit-based military aggressions would be tolerated the war profiteers had their Washington puppets suspend the draft and convert from a Peoples' army to an all volunteer (mercenary) version.

Do you believe if the draft were still active Bush could have gotten approval to invade Iraq? Or engage us in the same kind of debacle in Afghanistan that broke the USSR? The key factor is all those who are killed or maimed in Iraq and Afghanistan were not sent there by force of law. They asked for it. Many of them for the enlistment bonus and other benefits.

And like it or not, therein lies the tale.

Forum List

Back