Charles Barkley, say good by to politics, because of DUI

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Well...it seems like the "bad boy" of basketball has struck again. Charles Barkley has been arrested for DUI. Not only that, but he said some pretty rude things about getting a bj.

Go figure..........

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

My personal opinion? I think the idea that my room mate came up with yesterday was priceless.....

She's a surgical secretary in an emergency room here at one of the 2 big hospitals here in Amarillo.........

She said, that if a person is arrested for a DUI, they should be given a choice....either lose their license or sign up for community service.

Working in an Emergency Room from 8 pm - 4 am on Fridays and Saturdays.

I figure that (1), it won't interfere with the normal M-F workweek of a regular person, so therefore, they can continue to work so they can pay off their fines.

They also need to complete 5 8 hour shifts in 1 month. If they don't show up, they lose their license and spend a week in jail. If they don't complete the program, and successfully complete 5 shifts? Same deal.

That's only for the first offense..........the fines should stay in place.

Second offense?

This time you would owe 10 shifts over a 2 month period, same fines, same insurance rates, same conditions. You don't complete the program, it's jail and losing your license.

The third time? Simply just tell them their license is gone. If they didn't understand the consequences of their actions from driving drunk by then, they won't learn.

What do you guys think?

Not really, the former mayor of D.C got caught with a hooker and crack.

He got reelected soon after. :lol:

You'd be hard pressed to find many politicians without at least one DUI on their record.

Remember "stand up, Chuck" graham and Joe Biden's little gaffe? He had a DUI last year, as scary as that paraplegic shit sounds, and lost his office in November. He currently has no plans to run again for a while.

and wasnt another Kennedy in congress allowed to go home after being caught drunk driving?

You know......with all the convicted felons (Blow Job Bitch in Il.), as well as all the sexual scandals, you would think that DC would start to at least TRY to clean up their act.

What happened to "the best and brightest" being elected to office? Are we now settling for the worst and most criminal?

You know......with all the convicted felons (Blow Job Bitch in Il.), as well as all the sexual scandals, you would think that DC would start to at least TRY to clean up their act.

What happened to "the best and brightest" being elected to office? Are we now settling for the worst and most criminal?
seems like they are the only ones willing to run
would you be willing to go through the public rectal exam that politicians go through now?

Would I be willing to go through it? Sure....why not? I've got nothing much to hide, and, all the things that I've done as a young man which were screwed up, I don't do anymore, and use the excess of my youth as a way to guide my moderation as an adult.

It's only when you've got something to hide that you become reluctant.

Would I be willing to go through it? Sure....why not? I've got nothing much to hide, and, all the things that I've done as a young man which were screwed up, I don't do anymore, and use the excess of my youth as a way to guide my moderation as an adult.

It's only when you've got something to hide that you become reluctant.
LOL
all those things would be dragged out and smeared all over you
just like they have to others
you'd never get elected

This country has always elected scoundrols to high office. For the sake of political correctness, most of it stays out of the history books studied by our youth. Do a deep enough study of any of our presidents and you will find dirt. Some of the shennanegans pulled by some who have been elected to congress over the centuries makes our current batch seem almost like saints.

Well...it seems like the "bad boy" of basketball has struck again. Charles Barkley has been arrested for DUI. Not only that, but he said some pretty rude things about getting a bj.

Go figure..........

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

My personal opinion? I think the idea that my room mate came up with yesterday was priceless.....

She's a surgical secretary in an emergency room here at one of the 2 big hospitals here in Amarillo.........

She said, that if a person is arrested for a DUI, they should be given a choice....either lose their license or sign up for community service.

I figure that (1), it won't interfere with the normal M-F workweek of a regular person, so therefore, they can continue to work so they can pay off their fines.

They also need to complete 5 8 hour shifts in 1 month. If they don't show up, they lose their license and spend a week in jail. If they don't complete the program, and successfully complete 5 shifts? Same deal.

Second offense?

This time you would owe 10 shifts over a 2 month period, same fines, same insurance rates, same conditions. You don't complete the program, it's jail and losing your license.

The third time? Simply just tell them their license is gone. If they didn't understand the consequences of their actions from driving drunk by then, they won't learn.

What do you guys think?

I thought the bad boy of Basketball is Rodman?

LOL
all those things would be dragged out and smeared all over you
just like they have to others
you'd never get elected

Tell ya the truth, I don't have any really big smears, as most of my screwing up came during the first half of my career, and I ended up being a superstar afterwards.

During the time that I've been retired, I've not gotten in very much trouble either, and the things that I have been caught for, well......they've been pretty minor compared to most of the people currently running or in office.

Charles Barkley, say good by to politics, because of DUI

Has he seriously talked about getting into politics, since 20 years ago or whatever? I think at that time there was some gossip about him running on the GOP ticket in Alabama. Given the whiteness of that party they're always desparate to find someone of color to run. I don't think he's mentioned getting into politics in ages.

Well...it seems like the "bad boy" of basketball has struck again. Charles Barkley has been arrested for DUI.

Lots of politicians get DUIs. I don't think that's an impediment

Not only that, but he said some pretty rude things about getting a bj.

What dude hasn't?!! And if David Vitter, Bill Clinton, and Newt Gingrich can hold office after their tawdry piccadillos, lets not hold the black man to a different standard! :eusa_whistle:

Second offense?

What do you guys think?

Sounds too complicated, and too much beauracracy to track all that.

I would just waterboard them.

Forum List

Back