Change We Can Believe In: the best and worse

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
i always pull this out around before the next generals. elections are some of the funnest times in this country.
what is a slogan and what does it do ?? some of the best ones fall through the cracks, and some of the ones that suck bad the worst do the most good for the sloganee (sloganettes).

i like the ones that have absolutely no anything.... win with blank, or blanks the one.

THE FUTURE IS NEAR !!

that's pretty helpful, thank you for that. maybe i'll run a contest.

maybe you have some of your own.

List of U.S. presidential campaign slogans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

James K. Polk-"54-40 or Fight" and "Reannexation of Texas and Reoccupation of Oregon"
seems a bit dry.
Zachary Taylor-"For President of the People"[3]
ouch !!
  • Vote yourself a Farm - 1860 U.S. presidential campaign slogan of Abraham Lincoln.
  • Don't trade horses in midstream — 1864 U.S. presidential campaign slogan of Abraham Lincoln.
    • Let Us Have Peace - 1868 presidential campaign slogan of Ulysses S. Grant
    • Vote as You Shot — 1868 presidential campaign slogan of Ulysses S. Grant
a little too second ammendmenty for today's elections. you get the idea.... :)

• "A chicken in every pot and a car in every garage" — 1928 U.S. presidential campaign slogan of Herbert Hoover[8]
lincoln couldn't have used this one..

too bad this one's taken

heh.

• I still like Ike — 1956 U.S presidential campaign slogan of Dwight D. Eisenhower
because I Like Ike left so many unanswered questions. this slogan was in development for nearly 4 years.

• A time for greatness 1960 — U.S. presidential campaign theme of John F. Kennedy (Kennedy also used "We Can Do Better").
nah, sounds too much like Trump.

and what was the original GW's slogan ? oh, all right, i'll do it but only 2 terms, that's it.

pretty smooth GW :cool: i call that the original big toe in the sand routine.

Last edited:
images

"Excitingly boring."
Damaged Eagle

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Forum List

Back