Champion the Wonder Horse

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

I used to love these when I was a kid. They were only on during school holidays for some reason and we all thought they were amazing.

But lets be honest. They should have been called "Rebel the Wonder Dog" because he did all the work.

Every episode ended with Ricky trapped at the bottom of a disused pit.

He would shout "Go git Uncle Sandy Rebel" and the Alsatian would leg it back to the ranch house for help. The Wonder Horse would just stand about looking concerned but his part was probably underdeveloped..

They were all in black and white but it didnt matter because we only had black and white tellys.
It would all be wrapped up nicely in half an hour.

Were they popular in the States ?

Skippy the Bush Kangaroo ...

skippy24.jpg

I used to love these when I was a kid. They were only on during school holidays for some reason and we all thought they were amazing.

But lets be honest. They should have been called "Rebel the Wonder Dog" because he did all the work.

Every episode ended with Ricky trapped at the bottom of a disused pit.

He would shout "Go git Uncle Sandy Rebel" and the Alsatian would leg it back to the ranch house for help. The Wonder Horse would just stand about looking concerned but his part was probably underdeveloped..

They were all in black and white but it didnt matter because we only had black and white tellys.
It would all be wrapped up nicely in half an hour.

Were they popular in the States ?

A lot of those outdoor scenes were shot in a place called Vasques Rocks, about 15 miles north of LA.

I think the greatest time of my life were Saturday mornings in the years just after WWII. Big local theater with live entertainment and even a radio show before the movie shorts came on. Met friends and made new acquaintances. Some of the best popcorn I've ever had.

I think the greatest time of my life were Saturday mornings in the years just after WWII. Big local theater with live entertainment and even a radio show before the movie shorts came on. Met friends and made new acquaintances. Some of the best popcorn I've ever had.
Sounds good, our saturday morning cinema was a war zone with the lights on most of the time whilst the manager gave us a bollocking for misbehaviour.

Heres a cracker. Shocked to find there was only on series made. Fireman Wally and Red Rock the Conductor.

All aboard The Cannonball Express !!

Forum List

Back