Chambliss wins in Georgia

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Chambliss wins. So much for a super majority.

CNN) -- Georgia voters went to the polls Tuesday in a runoff election that could determine the balance of power in the U.S. Senate.

Saxby Chambliss, a freshman Republican senator, is facing off against Jim Martin, a former Georgia state lawmaker.

Democrats have so far picked up seven Senate seats in this year's election, with the Republican seats in Georgia and Minnesota still undecided.

In Minnesota, freshman GOP Sen. Norm Coleman topped his Democratic challenger, Al Franken, by just 215 votes, triggering an automatic recount that will extend well into December.

If the Democrats take both remaining contests, they'll reach their pre-election goal of controlling 60 Senate seats, which would be a filibuster-proof majority. A filibuster is a move by the minority party in the Senate that brings the chamber to a standstill by blocking votes on legislation.

Sixty votes are needed in the Senate to stop a filibuster.

Georgia voters deciding Senate runoff - CNN.com

I wouldn't have minded seeing Chambliss lose just for what he did to Max Kleland.

But I think we'll survive. ;o)

Yeah that was horseshit. Too bad nobody ever mentioned that it was too prominent Republicans that got that ad pulled. Anybody know who they were?

Saxby Chambliss well represents what the Republican Party is all about.

I still can't get any of you to explain to me what you think Chambliss did to Cleland.

He did this. Six years ago. It was bullshit and John McCain and Chuck Hagel pressured him into pulling the ad.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tKFYpd0q9nE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tKFYpd0q9nE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

He did this. Six years ago. It was bullshit and John McCain and Chuck Hagel pressured him into pulling the ad.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tKFYpd0q9nE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tKFYpd0q9nE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

. . . I fail to see the problem.

. . . I fail to see the problem.

You have no problem with calling a triple amputee vietnam vet unpatriotic. A man that lost those limbs in the line of duty. Also, Chambliss got 5 student deferments so that he wouldn't have to serve in Vietnam. You don't find this type of campaigning repulsive?

You have no problem with calling a triple amputee vietnam vet unpatriotic. A man that lost those limbs in the line of duty. Also, Chambliss got 5 student deferments so that he wouldn't have to serve in Vietnam. You don't find this type of campaigning repulsive?

Were we watching the same ad? Because I didn't hear or see the word "unpatriotic" anywhere in there.

And as it happens, I don't think having been patriotic at one time as precluding one from behaving in an unpatriotic fashion later on. And for the record, while I admire the fact that Max Cleland joined the military, I don't know how "patriotic" I necessarily consider the accident in which he lost his limbs. Tragic, yes. Nor do I think there's anything inherently wrong or shameful about having student deferments, or believe that it precludes Chambliss from expressing criticism of Cleland if he so chooses.

i dont see the problem either
he never called Cleland unpatriotic, and unless you can show me that he DIDNT vote against those 11 issues, then there is nothing untrue in the ad

So the Republicans of Georgia elected another chickenhawk to Congress.

They're famous for that.

Which is rather odd given that Georgia is one of those states that sends a whole lotta their homeboys into the services.

But I've long given up trying to figure out why Republicans so love their Chickenhawks

Forum List

Back