Chamberlain didn't appease Hitler

Spycraft

Jan 10, 2018
Chamberlain oversaw the largest buildup of military in UK history. Ismay, the supreme commander of Imperial defence stated that Chamberlain should give Germany Chechoslovakia, that war was coming, but that time was on Britain's side and that Britain needed at least 6 more months to get her air force ready for war, but that they needed maybe a whole year at the very least.

Chamberlain and Hitler - source 3 - The National Archives

I'm sorry to destroy conservative beliefs, but they need to be destroyed.

The entire purpose of what now Conservatives say was "appeasement" was to ensure that the UK wasn't wiped out in the opening salvo of the war by fighting a war too prematurely.

Chamberlain oversaw the largest buildup of military in UK history. Ismay, the supreme commander of Imperial defence stated that Chamberlain should give Germany Chechoslovakia, that war was coming, but that time was on Britain's side and that Britain needed at least 6 more months to get her air force ready for war, but that they needed maybe a whole year at the very least.

The entire purpose of what now Conservatives say was "appeasement" was to ensure that the UK wasn't wiped out in the opening salvo of the war by fighting a war too prematurely.
Chamberlin was a Conservative. WTF are you talking about?

Did you ever figure out what ICBM means btw?

Give up on this fucking idiot

So this is why Obama appeased ISIS and funded Al Queda, Al Nusra, Al Shabab, Hamas, & Iran, while dismantling our own military? Is this why Obama launched Coups in Egypt, and Libya lead by terrorist organizations that he armed and funded?

Because he was preparing America for War?

Sounds more like he was preparing Radical Islam for War using our tax dollars.

• Banned

I'm sorry, I meant American Conservatives, I thought this was an OBVIOUS statement considering only American conservatives go around saying Chamberlain appeased Hitler.

Are you still denying North Korea has an ICBM?

• Banned

So this is why Obama appeased ISIS and funded Al Queda, Al Nusra, Al Shabab, Hamas, & Iran, while dismantling our own military? Is this why Obama launched Coups in Egypt, and Libya lead by terrorist organizations that he armed and funded?

Because he was preparing America for War?

Sounds more like he was preparing Radical Islam for War using our tax dollars.
What does this have to do with Chamberlain? Do you always make logical errors?

I'm sorry, I meant American Conservatives, I thought this was an OBVIOUS statement.

The only thing that is "OBVIOUS" is your idiocy.

• Banned

I'm sorry, I meant American Conservatives, I thought this was an OBVIOUS statement.

Strange, because in this thread I'm right.

And you keep badgering me about ICBMs when I claimed North Korea has an ICBM. Are you just an idiot?

Oh, and FRANCE was just trying to prepare themselves for war by Surrendering to THE Nazis.

Next Lefty is going to try to tell us, that giving terrorists money and weapons to kill Americans is actually helping us with The War on Terror and saving American Lives.

Last edited:

how does your link counter the fact that he did exactly what everyone, everyone except you, claims he did?

And you keep badgering me about ICBMs when I claimed North Korea has an ICBM. Are you just an idiot?
You claimed that NK successfully tested an ICBM. You do realize that it would have to go far enough to reach another continent, not make a hole in the Sea of Japan a few klicks off the Korean coast, but then you still don't know what "ICBM "means, obviously.

Another child left behind:(

Although people in Britain were relieved that war had been averted, many now wondered if appeasement was the best decision. They did not think it would stop Hitler, and simply delayed the war, rather than prevented it. Even while Chamberlain was signing the Munich Agreement, he was agreeing a huge increase in spending to increase Britain’s armament in preparation for war. He must have known from the situation outlined to him by General Ismay, that Czechoslovakia was lost, that war was bound to come.

--------------------------------------
as it was they needed us to get involved.

Oh, and FRANCE was just trying to prepare themselves for war by Surrendering to THE Nazis.
France lost 350,000 men (almost as many as the US lost in all of WW2) in the battle for France.

And they were militarily defeated, their army was surrounded, and their government was captured.

I'm sorry, I meant American Conservatives, I thought this was an OBVIOUS statement considering only American conservatives go around saying Chamberlain appeased Hitler.

everyone but you says that.

You claimed that NK successfully tested an ICBM. You do realize that it would have to go far enough to reach another continent, not make a hole in the Sea of Japan a few klicks off the Korean coast, but then you still don't know what "ICBM "means, obviously.

Another child left behind:(
OMG, omfg you actually are retarded.

You realize that ICBM tests are flying 3,000+ miles into space and testing burn times to prove a continental ballistic trajectory...right?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Not even the UK government says that. And I provided the proof, refute the proof.

Although people in Britain were relieved that war had been averted, many now wondered if appeasement was the best decision. They did not think it would stop Hitler, and simply delayed the war, rather than prevented it. Even while Chamberlain was signing the Munich Agreement, he was agreeing a huge increase in spending to increase Britain’s armament in preparation for war. He must have known from the situation outlined to him by General Ismay, that Czechoslovakia was lost, that war was bound to come.

That was the whole point.

UK estimated that war needed to be put off, they didn't think they prevented war, nor were they trying to. They were estimating that every month bought the UK another 1,000 RAF fighters/bombers, and tonnes of munition. Every month bought them another sub-hunter. &etc.

That was the whole point.

UK estimated that war needed to be put off, they didn't think they prevented war, nor were they trying to. They were estimating that every month bought the UK another 1,000 RAF fighters/bombers, and tonnes of munition. Every month bought them another sub-hunter. &etc.
In one day you've managed to post nonsense over 100 times. You need to get either a job or an education. You won't be able to sponge off mommy and daddy forever you know.

Not even the UK government says that. And I provided the proof, refute the proof.
you provided nothing more than an opinion piece.

Chamberlain decimated the British military with budget cuts and closing navy ports in Ireland. Only until it was too late did he listen to Churchill about the threat of Hitler.

Forum List

Back