Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Local Restaurant

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I'm a vegetarian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
Anyone telling you CFA sucks, doesn't know what they're talking about. There's light breading and the chicken is all white and quality and healthy. The waffle fries are also not greasy but too high in calories for my taste nonetheless. As far as chains go, you're not going to get any better than CFA.

You know, cooking varies from location to location. Right?

Chains are pretty consistent though with their formulas.

Depends on the cooks.

friedchicken.jpg

Those look like these Tysons Spicy Chicken Strips you get in a bag frozen from the store...

They aren't that bad either.... They're pretty good fried or grilled too.. You just have to thaw them if you're going to do that... You can also make awesome chicken wraps with those things with a soft tortilla shell, lettuce, tomato, dab of onion and little bit of bacon + a little ranch dressing... I also like to put salsa and cheese on mine instead of ranch sometimes...

:eek:

That is my buttermilk maple fried chicken.

They look good,,,,, Don't blame me if they look like Tyson's Chicken Strips ...

I'm not trying to offend anyone..

They look delicious...

That is kinda interesting - buttermilk.... Sorry I'm going to steal that idea. Makes sense because of the thickness..

You gave me a great idea.....

Depends on the cooks.

They are franchised, but the corporate management is top shelf. I doubt that I could see inconsistent quality happening.

Okay. I've been to restaurants here in the metro where the food isn't as good here as it is up in St. Cloud. Same chain.

I didn't know you were from Sota. Sweet. I lived there recently.... Yea I've been to chains that have different standards. I just don't see it happening with CFA though. They pride themselves on quality.

There is this crazy Taco Joint by be called "El Famous Burrito" and they sell (seriously) football sized burritos for 5 bucks... These things are actually the size of a football - at least 2 pounds. They're fantastic burritos too. You can get them with steak instead of ground beef for 7 bucks but either way it's worth it...

Home of the Football Size Burrito | El Famous Burrito Wheeling

Those look like these Tysons Spicy Chicken Strips you get in a bag frozen from the store...

They aren't that bad either.... They're pretty good fried or grilled too.. You just have to thaw them if you're going to do that... You can also make awesome chicken wraps with those things with a soft tortilla shell, lettuce, tomato, dab of onion and little bit of bacon + a little ranch dressing... I also like to put salsa and cheese on mine instead of ranch sometimes...

They look delicious...

That is kinda interesting - buttermilk.... Sorry I'm going to steal that idea. Makes sense because of the thickness..

Soak your chicken in buttermilk, pure maple syrup, and seasonings..(i use salt, black and white pepper, garlic and onion powder, cayenne and poultry seasoning).. for 24 hours before you add coating and frying...I prefer skinless chicken as it lets more of the buttermilk soak into the flesh.

Its delicious!!!

They look delicious...

Soak your chicken in buttermilk, pure maple syrup, and seasonings..(i use salt, black and white pepper, garlic and onion powder, cayenne and poultry seasoning).. for 24 hours before you add coating and frying...I prefer skinless chicken as it lets more of the buttermilk soak into the flesh.

Its delicious!!!

It sounds amazing, but how much syrup per buttermilk (amount)?

They look delicious...

Its delicious!!!

Awesome...

You cook burgers? I have a really good recipe for those buggers..

2 lbs 80/20 ground beef, 1 lb skirt steak (diced), 3/4 cup bread crumbs, 1 egg, cheese of your choice (I use chedder) however many will work.

That is just the base...

After that you can add seasoning to taste I generally use Adobo (4 tbl spoons), sea salt (tablespoon), black pepper (1/4th tablespoon), worcestershire sauce (one ounce), Louisiana hot sauce (1/4 oz) and Habanero powder (a few dabs}. add as much or little of any cheese you want. I use 2 cups of sharp chedder.

You mix the meats, seasoning and sauces all together in a bowl - like a meatloaf. Once you have it all good and mixed up just make hamburger patties an throw them on the grill.... Before that, you certainly will want to see plenty of graded cheese in your patties. If you cant see the cheese poking out that means you need more...

That will be the best burger (if cooked right) you will ever have....

There are actually a few things I want to add to that burger mix/base in the bowl - diced onions and diced green pepper....

Try it sometime...

They look delicious...

Its delicious!!!

Awesome...

2 lbs 80/20 ground beef, 1 lb skirt steak (diced), 3/4 cup bread crumbs, 1 egg, cheese of your choice (I use chedder) however many will work.

That is just the base...

After that you can add seasoning to taste I generally use Adobo (4 tbl spoons), sea salt (tablespoon), black pepper (1/4th tablespoon), worcestershire sauce (one ounce), Louisiana hot sauce (1/4 oz) and Habanero powder (a few dabs}. add as much or little of any cheese you want. I use 2 cups of sharp chedder.

You mix the meats, seasoning and sauces all together in a bowl - like a meatloaf. Once you have it all good and mixed up just make hamburger patties an throw them on the grill.... Before that, you certainly will want to see plenty of graded cheese in your patties. If you cant see the cheese poking out that means you need more...

There are actually a few things I want to add to that burger mix/base in the bowl - diced onions and diced green pepper....

Try it sometime...

Dude, you should go on Chef Ramsey.

They look delicious...

Its delicious!!!

It sounds amazing, but how much syrup per buttermilk (amount)?

About a cup of syrup per quart of buttermilk.

Its delicious!!!

Awesome...

That is just the base...

Try it sometime...

Thanks for the compliment but I'm not a "trained" chef, I just have the ability to taste food in my mind... I make good food but not 5 star sea bass or whatever people pay 50+ bucks a plate to eat.. :lol:

I forgot to add, that burger should be served on a toasted bagel- than an topped off with lettuce, tomato and onion......

I call it the "bagel burger."

I suppose Ramsey is looking for people who make food look like art instead of people who can take food and make the customer taste art....

I'll grill up a few of my "creations" and post pics tomorrow...

Awesome...

That is just the base...

Try it sometime...

Thanks for the compliment but I'm not a "trained" chef, I just have the ability to taste food in my mind... I make good food but not 5 star sea bass or whatever people pay 50+ bucks a plate to eat.. :lol:

I forgot to add, that burger should be served on a toasted bagel- than an topped off with lettuce, tomato and onion......

I suppose Ramsey is looking for people who make food look like art instead of people who can take food and make the customer taste art....

I haven't watched that many episodes, I've never watched a complete season, but I could swear they've had people on there who are just really good, inventive chefs who aren't necessarily trained or working as a chef.

I haven't watched that many episodes, I've never watched a complete season, but I could swear they've had people on there who are just really good, inventive chefs who aren't necessarily trained or working as a chef.

You can see them on Watch TV. Watch Movies. | Online | Free | Hulu for free ...

Forum List

Back