Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Local Restaurant

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I'm a vegetarian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
Will never eat chicken that is raised on farms, I only buy grain fed, no antibiotics and no hormones.

The way chickens are raised, fed and cared for is disgusting.

1-7-1.jpg

I don't mind KFC but I cant stand Popeye's chicken, however their catfish and fries are good tho..

I'd rather just make my own chicken.... I'm so sick of fast food. Besides you can make so many awesome things with chicken - don't even get me started... For 5 bucks (or less) you can make your own delicious meal...

I'll make some tomorrow and post pics...

me of course!

I almost made "my grandma" an option.

friedchicken.jpg

Those look like these Tysons Spicy Chicken Strips you get in a bag frozen from the store...

They aren't that bad either.... They're pretty good fried or grilled too.. You just have to thaw them if you're going to do that... You can also make awesome chicken wraps with those things with a soft tortilla shell, lettuce, tomato, dab of onion and little bit of bacon + a little ranch dressing... I also like to put salsa and cheese on mine instead of ranch sometimes...

friedchicken.jpg

Those look like these Tysons Spicy Chicken Strips you get in a bag frozen from the store...

They aren't that bad either.... They're pretty good fried or grilled too.. You just have to thaw them if you're going to do that... You can also make awesome chicken wraps with those things with a soft tortilla shell, lettuce, tomato, dab of onion and little bit of bacon + a little ranch dressing... I also like to put salsa and cheese on mine instead of ranch sometimes...

:lol:
You just accused a chef of using a QF product.......

I'll be standing wwwaaaaayyyyyyy over here......
:eusa_shifty:

:lol:
You just accused a chef of using a QF product.......

I'll be standing wwwaaaaayyyyyyy over here......
:eusa_shifty:

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, however do they not look similar?

I'm sure a chef made the Tysons Chicken strips too...

Besides, I would take a ton of time to cook those things from scratch.... They would have to be breaded, fried, painted w/ sauce then baked until crisp (enough)..

I'm not accusing anyone but they do look like Tysons Chicken strips... Trust me I know what they look like - my brother lives on them....

Oh and I'm not too shabby in the kitchen either - I could easily be a chef (with my own menu).

My cooking is pretty popular around my neighborhood - to the point where people actually want me to season their meat so they can bring home and cook later (I give them the damn recipes but for some reason they just don't do it right)...

Sorry for the rambling but cooking is an art form - not the way the food is presented but the way it tastes.. I suppose you want to get a balance there.

friedchicken.jpg

:eek:

That is my buttermilk maple fried chicken.

My Grandmother used to make the best fried chicken I have ever eaten but sadly, she has passed on. A local place called The Dogwood Inn located between Mount Morris and Polo, IL has some really fine fried chicken. Far better than anything you can get at the chain places.

All our local KFC's are teh suck. I need to try Popeye's or Church's.

We only have Popeyes or KFC... If I actually wanted fast food Chicken I would take KFC over Popeyes any day IMO...

At times I've mixed the two before... Got my strips and slaw from KFC and got my fries from Popeyes..

If it matters I live within a half mile of 40 chain fast food joints.... Taco Bell, KFC, McDonalds, Wendy's, Panda Express (Chinese food), Arbys, White Castle, Apple Bees, TGIF Fridays, Buffalo Wild Wings, Dominoes, Pizza Hut, Pappa Johns, Jimmy Johns, 5 Guys, Subway, Little Cesers, Panara Bread, Burger King etc... That is not considering all the bars & grills and I'm sure I missed a few fast food joints.

Oh yeah and most suck compared to others in other areas....

Last edited:
All our local KFC's are teh suck. I need to try Popeye's or Church's.

Chic-Fil-a is awesome....

We only have one, down by the U.

They have another restaurant, but I can't think of the name of it. Allegedly REALLY good, but I have a good friend who is chef quality, and she said they suck.

I'll never know.

Anyone telling you CFA sucks, doesn't know what they're talking about. There's light breading and the chicken is all white and quality and healthy. The waffle fries are also not greasy but too high in calories for my taste nonetheless. As far as chains go, you're not going to get any better than CFA.

Chic-Fil-a is awesome....

They have another restaurant, but I can't think of the name of it. Allegedly REALLY good, but I have a good friend who is chef quality, and she said they suck.

I'll never know.

Anyone telling you CFA sucks, doesn't know what they're talking about. There's light breading and the chicken is all white and quality and healthy. The waffle fries are also not greasy but too high in calories for my taste nonetheless. As far as chains go, you're not going to get any better than CFA.

You know, cooking varies from location to location. Right?

I'll never know.

You know, cooking varies from location to location. Right?

Chains are pretty consistent though with their formulas.

Forum List

Back