CEO Crushes The Minimum Wage Lie: "It's Cheaper To Buy A Robot Than Hire At $15/Hour"

What will the CEO do when the robots revolt and take over his company?

robot_revolt_poster-r3d71554fd4604e1fba753c8b5c9b3b20_f67p0_8byvr_1024.jpg

Ordinary people will welcome automation in food service. It's better than these miserable servers who approach every customer as their personal enemy. Customers will welcome not having to check their food to see if someone spit on their burger.

Hey you fuck head....ROBOTS CAN'T BUY FOOD, RENT APARTMENTS, PATRONIZE A RESTURANT OR BUY A FUCKIN HOUSE, YOU IDIOT. THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK NEXT TIME.
Robots can provide excellent service to those who can afford to patronize a restaurant or buy a house. And they can provide that service without a fucking attitude and clean claws.

Note to CEO

Have fun with your robot workforce when you see what new software upgrades are going to cost you and your robots become obsolete and insupportable after five years

You will long for the days of a $15 an hour worker

Have fun employing a robot when millions boycott your business. Enjoy getting blood from a stone you worthless capitalist swine.
This is where you are wrong. You think that millions of people will stand in solidarity with fellow human beings and boycott businesses with robot servers. You imagine that people will sympathize with the plight of the poor struggling to get 15 bucks an hour.

People aren't like that. If there is a place where they can get what they want cheap, fast, correctly, without being treated like serving them is a personal favor, they won't come close to a boycott. It's the place with the surly workers that will close.

Note to CEO

Have fun with your robot workforce when you see what new software upgrades are going to cost you and your robots become obsolete and insupportable after five years

You will long for the days of a $15 an hour worker
That's the reason there are still secretarial pools instead of computers.

Oh wait.... upgrades are still cheaper.

Have fun employing a robot when millions boycott your business. Enjoy getting blood from a stone you worthless capitalist swine.

I get so sick and tired of people rallying behind these corporations, cheering them on, as they continue to fuck over america's labor force. These types I will never ever understand, like where is the loyalty to your fellow mate? We are talking about Wall Street who for the last few decades has made a killing in the market, record profits, etc and sharing any of that with the very people that got you your 3rd yacht, your 50th home, I mean, unbelievable the way the treat us.

I just hope and pray, we're wise enough and strong enough to finally stick it to these bastards and boycott any venue that employs robots instead of people. I refuse to use a ATM machine during business hours...I go inside banks..small gesture, but needed.

I am not sure people would boycott just because machines are making their food. But fast food is generic enough. Let people watch their burger get spit out of a machine and see how often they come back

Why pay $5 for a Starbucks coffee when I can get the same thing out of a coffee machine?

I am not sure people would boycott just because machines are making their food. But fast food is generic enough. Let people watch their burger get spit out of a machine and see how often they come back

Why pay $5 for a Starbucks coffee when I can get the same thing out of a coffee machine?

People make the world go around, not robots or conservative robots.

Wages can never be low enough for people to compete with robots that can be bought at a reasonable price. Even the low-wage workers in China are at risk:

Foxconn replaces 60,000 factory workers with robots

What we need is a way of managing the inevitable changes that are coming.
Abortion and anti vaccine rumors.
A bit extreme. There have been plenty of jobs that have already disappeared and society has survived. A minimum wage and support for education and job training might go a long way. Maybe Bernie is right on the money?

Now now commie dude. No need to get ugly.
Now Now slave master you ain't seen ugly. Wait till these pigs don't get their million dollar bonuses because they decided to piss the world off by being greedy and it put them out of business

i was at a panera bread where they had one of these Kiosks.

There was one person trying to use the Kiosk and 20 people waiting in line for a HUMAN to take their order. I actually tried to use the Kiosk because I was kind of in a hurry between meeting clients. Ten seconds of scrolling and I took my business somewhre else.

If anything, they are LESS efficient, because they can only serve one customer at a time, and that customer has to take the time to figure out what he wants (by scrolling through the option) then running his order.

Which will still have to be prepared by a human in the back.
Right, and cars will never replace horses because the first ones were hard to drive and maintain. Automation IS coming, whether you like it or not, and you won't be able to stop it.

Wages can never be low enough for people to compete with robots that can be bought at a reasonable price. Even the low-wage workers in China are at risk:

Foxconn replaces 60,000 factory workers with robots

What we need is a way of managing the inevitable changes that are coming.
Abortion and anti vaccine rumors.
A bit extreme. There have been plenty of jobs that have already disappeared and society has survived. A minimum wage and support for education and job training might go a long way. Maybe Bernie is right on the money?
And gradually, along with those jobs, the entry cost into the job market has increased. A lot of the jobs killed by MW increases were successfully used by teenagers trying to break into the job market.

There was one person trying to use the Kiosk and 20 people waiting in line for a HUMAN to take their order. I actually tried to use the Kiosk because I was kind of in a hurry between meeting clients. Ten seconds of scrolling and I took my business somewhre else.

If anything, they are LESS efficient, because they can only serve one customer at a time, and that customer has to take the time to figure out what he wants (by scrolling through the option) then running his order.

Right, and cars will never replace horses because the first ones were hard to drive and maintain. Automation IS coming, whether you like it or not, and you won't be able to stop it.

In some ways it will come, in other ways it will be resisted

They had automats in the late 1950s. Put your coin in the slot and get a slice of pie
It was supposed to be the restaurant of the future

People tired of the gimmick and went to restaurants with live servers

They had automats in the late 1950s. Put your coin in the slot and get a slice of pie

But the long term trend is clear. Robots get better and can do more jobs that were done by low-skilled humans. Keep jacking the MW and you accelerate the process. People will still seek out boutiques where they can have totally human servers and processors, just like they still seek out hand made things that are generally made by machine, but they pay more and the jobs to make them are few and far between.

That isn't why the automats closed. They closed because the technology to accept paper money had not been invented.

Everyone wants to be served their food by an nasty bitch who spits in the soup and writes comments on the receipt to blame the customers for being racist.

It's how we show how much we love one another.

Where's my tip ?

Forum List

Back