Celebrity: Dictation?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
How we present and celebrate movie stars today reflects society's attitudes towards fame and fortune, since movies represent a human intention to share daydreams publicly (making movie stars 'diplomats' of confidence).

Tom Cruise, male American movie star whose work in adventurous films such as Top Gun and Minority Report make him a representative of general psychology, is celebrated for his smartness.

Charlize Theron, female American movie star whose work in provocative films such as Monster and Aeon Flux make her a representative of feminine intuition, is celebrated for her sexiness.

Smartness and sexiness are opposite boons, so having two celebrities that capture both sentiments reveals the sociological 'metrics' abundant in the world of Hollywood.

In other words, maybe 'celebrity' itself inspires us to hoist 'sarcasm storytelling.' This is an important observation when investigating why psychopaths draw attention to 'celebrity psychosis' (i.e., OJ Simpson).

====

Tom and Charlize (two iconic movie stars) were at the Los Angeles Starbucks sharing coffee after their post-Oscar party date. They never though they would start dating, since Tom and Charlize roamed around in very different social circles and made very different kinds of movies. However, Tom found a strange connection to Charlize at the Oscar party when people were gathering around to talk about the eco-activism work of American movie star Leo DiCaprio.

Tom told Charlize that he was a big fan of the American comic book superhero Green Lantern (DC Comics), a strong crusader who received mystical power from a sacred lantern-light which reminded him of nature-totems such as fireflies. Charlize in turn confided to Tom that she was a big fan of the female fashion designer Vera Wang who was like a hero for her work with gender mobility in the world of modelling and reminded people of the appeal of 'communal values.'

Tom and Charlize realized that their interest in Green Lantern and Vera Wang made them both sensitive to populism values which were being espoused in Hollywood through the democratic eco-activism work of DiCaprio. The two decided to get married and become Hollywood 'spies,' making subtle press statements about the psychological value of proactive imagination in the modern world. However, they both wondered if DiCaprio was serious about eco-activism or was pulling off a great 'trick' on the American public.

====

Tom Cruise

Charlize Theron

polaroid.jpg

Do you ever get out and talk to real people, or do you spend all your time with fan magazines, and on the internet?

Somebody please explain to me how a shorty, no-muscle, weak kneed pretty boy like Tom Cruise managed to get the role of Jack Reacher, in the movies based on the novels of Lee Child.

The Luminous Ledge

Tom Cruise is simply one of those Hollywood 'trophy actors,' and when human resources departments get lazy, they go for the quick solution. Incidentally, Tom Cruise is surprisingly effective in theme-simple movies --- Rain Man, Minority Report, Valkyrie.

Here's another note --- which Hollywood actress do you think is more 'American' (Jennifer Garner or Jennifer Connelly)?

models2.jpg

The Director's Stage

Hollyweirdos' opinions on anything are of zero interest to me. The make-believe world they inhabit is exactly where they belong and should stay IMO.

I agree with you that movie celebs aren't exactly 'A+ diplomats' of progressive change, nevertheless, when I think about a screen-beauty such as Katie Holmes, I think about some fun vigilante-Halloween costume I've made for myself to create a nice 'sarcasm collage.'

Isn't everything intellectual?

====

REPORTER: Are you tired of obsessive fans?
HOLMES: I like the attention, as long as it is not insane!
REPORTER: Do you think movie stars are diplomats?
HOLMES: Celebrities are certainly role models in the age of media.
REPORTER: True, but do you like being a role model?
HOLMES: If I feel sincere, I might enjoy the Facebook exposure!

====

The Fan (Film)

couplet.jpg

"Orphan Black"

Here's a notion: when we see images of handsome celebrities being 'good parents,' do we feel better about social investments in a 'culture of caring'?

In other words, do movies make us more self-critical or more self-conscious? What would Freud say?

Orphan (Film)

guardian.jpg

Forum List

Back