Celebrate Darwin's birthday Thursday

As the years go by, Darwin's theories grow weaker and less relevant

They become stronger and much more closer to the truth than the dogma of religion. I remember a guy on campus back in my college days was handing out fliers and I decided to read it. The flier stated that the earth wasn't old and the dinosaurs were a great conspiracy by non-believers in control of the government. There was no proof, rather the great religious argument of "Just trust me. I can't explain it, but trust me." Sorry bud I rather believe in rationale rather than folklore!

I would say that as time goes on religion esp Islam get exposed for what they are folklore, myth and well idiocy! Eventually the Abrahamic religions will go the way of Zeus, Apollo, Mercury, Hades etc. remembered in history as nonsense!

Well, I'm so glad you found some lunatic to set up as a straw man representing all those who don't accept macroevolution as a scientific law, because I'm sure it saves you whole worlds of time you might otherwise spend listening to opposing viewpoints and, God forbid, thinking about them. It's always easier to just demonize and ridicule, isn't it?

LOL, I rather put my faith in science than folklore. Once a Christian tries to go off on the Earth being only 2000 yrs old (or now since they are seen as nutz that its 5K-10K yrs old)and that dinosaurs never existed, I don't know maybe I am a snob, but I don't think that nutjob point of view is worth considering. Rather its worth ridiculing. If a guy comes up to you and say the sky is green are you going to sit there and say well I should respect his viewpoint and consider it? Didn't think so!
Creationism is NOT based on science. Rather its based entirely on the supernatural! Evolution say we start at A then to B then to C.... and final to Z! It can be tested, theorized and conclusions can be draw. Unlike creationism is based on things that could be explain and reasoned through. Creationism say we start at A and mystically make it to Z. Sorry I can't explain it with reason, but then come the great Christian proof, "just trust me!" It is not based on science or any rational reasoning!

Failed science, did ya?

Fundies of all stripes hate science.

Liberals of all stripes cling to the notion of science while simultaneously not being able to recognize it if it crawls up their pant legs.

So do moderates my friend! I was and am a strong supporter of Mitt Romney. To tell you the truth I like huckabee's strong support of the fair tax!

But just because an intelligent person sees creationism for what it is, crap, arguing it has no place in science classes, does not make them a liberal! :eusa_shhh:

LOL, I rather put my faith in science than folklore. Once a Christian tries to go off on the Earth being only 2000 yrs old (or now since they are seen as nutz that its 5K-10K yrs old)and that dinosaurs never existed, I don't know maybe I am a snob, but I don't think that nutjob point of view is worth considering. Rather its worth ridiculing. If a guy comes up to you and say the sky is green are you going to sit there and say well I should respect his viewpoint and consider it? Didn't think so!
Creationism is NOT based on science. Rather its based entirely on the supernatural! Evolution say we start at A then to B then to C.... and final to Z! It can be tested, theorized and conclusions can be draw. Unlike creationism is based on things that could be explain and reasoned through. Creationism say we start at A and mystically make it to Z. Sorry I can't explain it with reason, but then come the great Christian proof, "just trust me!" It is not based on science or any rational reasoning!

Among Christians, only the Biblical literalists believe that the Earth is only a few thousand years old, and they do believe in dinosaurs. The serpent in the Garden of Eden was a dinosaur, don't you know, that became a snake after God cursed it and made it eat the dust of the Earth, etc. That explains why there are no dinosaurs left, they all became snakes.

God came and spoke to me last night ... he said that ... well ... all the christian churches are full of it. Now I will start another Mormons religion ... trust me, my religion is perfect because god told me so.

Oh, and I was also told by god that evolution is fact and that he never created Adam and Eve, he can't for the life of him figure out where they got that nonsense.

It's amazing we're not still using leeches and casting out demons with all of these "feeble-minded" biologists wandering around this country.:lol:

Good post. However we do still use leeches. :lol:

We casT out so-called demons too but that's less effective.

Oh, please, not the excorcism myths ... please, every one of them were proven to be real medical conditions, and almost all resulted in serious injury to the poor person with the medical condition that the vile priests caused.

Oh, please, not the excorcism myths ... please, every one of them were proven to be real medical conditions, and almost all resulted in serious injury to the poor person with the medical condition that the vile priests caused.

I scared the devil outta my son once--for reals. Snakes work--trust me.

Devil child!!! :tongue:

God came and spoke to me last night ... he said that ... well ... all the christian churches are full of it. Now I will start another Mormons religion ... trust me, my religion is perfect because god told me so.

Oh, and I was also told by god that evolution is fact and that he never created Adam and Eve, he can't for the life of him figure out where they got that nonsense.

God spoke to me last week. I was in Sears and I heard a voice from above say something about a Volkswagen with its lights on. He even knew the license plate number! Smart guy, that god. I'm not sure what it all meant but if god said it, it MUST be important!

It's strange how Darwin gets portrayed as some evil, satanically inspired, god-hating madman by some people. Darwin was a quiet little man who most would consider quite boring. Other than "Origin of Species" he wrote a book about barnacles. He spent years studying them. Can you think of studying anything more boring than barnacles? He also wrote a book (which incidentally sold better during his life than "Origin") on earthworms. He had this radical notion that rather than being useless or pests, that they actually helped the soil become more productive through their actions. Another idea that was correct. Bright guy.

He sat on his theory of evolution for around 30 years, developing it slowly and conclusively. He also understood that it would cause a stir and being the reserved individual he was, this caused him a great deal of stress. He also worried about his wife who was deeply religious. He himself was set to become a man of the cloth in his early years before his fascination with science and nature drew his attention in another direction, eventually landing him on the Beagle. He made sure to avoid dismissing the idea that some other power had a hand in evolution when he published "Origin". As a matter of fact, the idea of human descent is dealt with fairly briefly in it. He later published another work in which he more fully developed the idea of human descent. It is true that he seemed less inclined toward faith later in his life, but though his theories may have contributed, I believe the sudden death of his daughter at a young age did more to harm his belief in a benevolent creator than his theories.

Fundies of all stripes hate science.

Liberals of all stripes cling to the notion of science while simultaneously not being able to recognize it if it crawls up their pant legs.

So do moderates my friend! I was and am a strong supporter of Mitt Romney. To tell you the truth I like huckabee's strong support of the fair tax!

But just because an intelligent person sees creationism for what it is, crap, arguing it has no place in science classes, does not make them a liberal! :eusa_shhh:

I can't decide if you just don't read the posts you're putatively responding to, or if English isn't your first language and so you read them without having any clue what they said. Either way, if your responses aren't going to bear any actual relation to what was said, could you do me a favor and not waste my time?

Among Christians, only the Biblical literalists believe that the Earth is only a few thousand years old, and they do believe in dinosaurs. The serpent in the Garden of Eden was a dinosaur, don't you know, that became a snake after God cursed it and made it eat the dust of the Earth, etc. That explains why there are no dinosaurs left, they all became snakes.

And you got this theory from where, exactly?

For the record, the young-Earth literalists usually believe that dinosaurs and humans overlapped in their existence, and point to the book of Job as evidence.

so let mesee if i have this correct....

some people believe that we one day the universe showed up then adam an eve showed up and the rest is history.....

and other people belive that one day the universe showed up then life appeared and the rest is history.....

one group takes it on faith that god did it ......the other group takes it on faith that it just happened.....

trippy.....

And you got this theory from where, exactly?

For the record, the young-Earth literalists usually believe that dinosaurs and humans overlapped in their existence, and point to the book of Job as evidence.

Is that so? I was under the impression that young-earth Creationists believed that dinosaurs were destroyed in the Noahic flood, which Job seems to have knowledge of, since in chapter 12, verse 15, he says of God, "If He withholds the waters, they dry up; If he sends them out, they overwhelm the earth." Now, I assume your reference is to the "behemoth" mentioned by God in the end of chapter 40, and to the "leviathan" mentioned in the beginning at chapter 41? Wouldn't there be a few problems in telling Job to "look now" at the behemoth if the Noahic flood had already occurred?

some people believe that we one day the universe showed up then adam an eve showed up and the rest is history.....

and other people belive that one day the universe showed up then life appeared and the rest is history.....

one group takes it on faith that god did it ......the other group takes it on faith that it just happened.....

trippy.....

One sort of has to take anything in history on faith, when you think about it, since none of us were actually there to witness it.

Take, for example, the American Revolutionary War. How do you know it actually happened? You weren't there. You didn't see it. All you know is that some people who claim they WERE there wrote stories telling you that it happened. In believing those stories, you are taking it on faith that they're telling the truth.

It's just a matter of deciding who you want to put your faith in.

Come to think of it, your claims that dinosaurs are referenced in the book of Job are likely only limited to the behemoth. (And very weakly, at that.) The "leviathan" mentioned at the beginning of Job 41 is mentioned as currently existing twice elsewhere in the Bible. In Psalms 104:26, for instance, which was written well after the occurrence of the Noahic flood, this was written of the sea: "There the ships sail about; There is that Leviathan which You have made to play there." In the book of Isaiah, written around c. 739-686 B.C., chapter 27, verse 1 reports on the details of a coming judgment. "In that day the LORD with his severe sword, great and strong, Will punish Leviathan the fleeing serpent, Leviathan that twisted serpent; And He will slay the reptile that is in the sea." So it's certainly difficult to claim that such references are to dinosaurs destroyed in the Noahic flood.

trippy.....

One sort of has to take anything in history on faith, when you think about it, since none of us were actually there to witness it.

Take, for example, the American Revolutionary War. How do you know it actually happened? You weren't there. You didn't see it. All you know is that some people who claim they WERE there wrote stories telling you that it happened. In believing those stories, you are taking it on faith that they're telling the truth.

It's just a matter of deciding who you want to put your faith in.

Oh, geezzz.....:cuckoo:
There is a WORLD of difference between having CONFIDENCE in the evidence we have of the Revolutionary War, a completely plausible scenario, and having blind faith in something for which there is ZERO evidence and that physical laws say can never happen. You're trying to drag science down to the level of your fairy tale to give your fairy tale credibility. Yours is a common argument but an incredibly lame one.

OK, now watch cecilie avoid the facts and resort to her usual ad hominem:lol:

Last edited:

I can't decide if you just don't read the posts you're putatively responding to, or if English isn't your first language and so you read them without having any clue what they said. Either way, if your responses aren't going to bear any actual relation to what was said, could you do me a favor and not waste my time?

I have dyslexia! But I usually have very little time at work to write posts, many times I start a post and a call comes in, then I come back to the same post minutes, even hours, later. The break in thought sometimes come out as gibberish.

However, I read my post and I didn't see anything too wrong with the grammar!

Forum List

Back