CDC Frieden head BANNED cigarette smoking in NYC.. won't ban possible Ebola flights from West Africa

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
The White House said Frieden's anti-cigarette campaign reduced the number of smokers in New York by 350,000 and "cut teen smoking in half." He led efforts to ban smoking in bars and restaurants and to ban trans fats in food. He also pushed to require calorie information on restaurant menus.
Obama Chooses NYC Health Chief to Head CDC

YET...
Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, on Friday said restricting travel between the U.S. and West Africa would likely “backfire” and put Americans more at risk of contracting Ebola.

Read more: CDC chief on Ebola We can t shut the border - Jonathan Topaz - POLITICO.com

Which will kill people quicker.. Ebola or smoking?
So why if smoking kills banning it in NY but Ebola does kill quickly we can't ban West African flights???

I listened to him and he's totally fucking nuts, I mean like FranCo or Rdean nuts.

We can only stop the spread of Ebola by letting it spread as far as possible?????

So...nobody can smoke in NYC? Really? Wow. Guess they better go have a few drinks of booze and ponder that.

What good would banning flights from Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea to the United States do? No such flights exist.

What good would banning flights from Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea to the United States do? No such flights exist.

BUT checking all international arrivals PASSPORTS, seeing where they had been, and how long ago would be CAUSE to quarantine suspected visitors. So we INCONVIENCE some people until a BLOOD TEST is performed.... SO FUCKING WHAT......

154598_600.jpg

We have 70 million people arriving in the US on international flights each year. You really think it is realistic for immigration officers to thumb through 30 pages of a passport for each one of those people?

We have 70 million people arriving in the US on international flights each year. You really think it is realistic for immigration officers to thumb through 30 pages of a passport for each one of those people?
They dont have computers where you live?

That's why we have TSA agents, instead of them feeling up 80 year old Grandma's and 4 year old little girls! And who need to go through 30 pages the last 6 months should suffice!

Riiiiiiiiiiight. I can't board the plane with a screwdriver but I can sit next to someone infected with a level IV Slate Cleaning pathogen

B
better than what the lame obutthurt has done.

When will prohibition begin again? After all, I would like to live in a city that bans all alcohol. Oh my. That would be something to see, wouldn't it? All the angst and hullabaloo.

That's why we have TSA agents, instead of them feeling up 80 year old Grandma's and 4 year old little girls! And who need to go through 30 pages the last 6 months should suffice!
You must never have traveled internationally. Immigration officers around the world don't stamp your passport in any sort of order.

Riiiiiiiiiiight. I can't board the plane with a screwdriver but I can sit next to someone infected with a level IV Slate Cleaning pathogen
Apples and oranges. It takes seconds to walk through a metal detector. Immigration lines are already long enough without having each page of someone's passport reviewed.

Forum List

Back