CBS complicit in news coverup

Yeah that's right...I'm the idiot. :eusa_eh:
I actually think that there is something wrong with a large crowd of people where several people from that crowd rape the same woman while the rest yelled racial chants.
I actually have the audacity to think that there is a connection with a culture where women are only slightly above animals where a hatred for my nation is overwhelmingly present.
yeah...I'm the idiot. :eusa_shhh:

Wow, there are racist in Egypt. That is supposed to be news?

Muslim Publics Divided on Hamas and Hezbollah | Pew Global Attitudes Project

It isn't to me.

No.
"Wow" there are so many racist in Egypt that out of a random crowd not only did 200 people not stop a rape occurring right in front of them, but several take part in the rape, and the rest yelled "Jew, Jew, Jew" at her - and then finally AFTER 30 MINUTES the Egyptian army rescued her.
This is news.

the attack *was* eventually stopped by a group of women. I seem to recall hearing about a circumstance where a woman's screams were ignored for hours until she was murdered right here in THIS countr. only she was ignored by a bunch of white people in kew gardens.

oh yeah...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=25+or+6+to+4+chicago&aq=1

you think this is the first time ever that a mob attacked a woman? I seem to recall a Jodie Foster movie based exactly on such a circumstance. as for the screams of "jew jew jew" this is the first time i've heard that, so i think i'll pass for now.

Last edited:

It isn't to me.

No.
"Wow" there are so many racist in Egypt that out of a random crowd not only did 200 people not stop a rape occurring right in front of them, but several take part in the rape, and the rest yelled "Jew, Jew, Jew" at her - and then finally AFTER 30 MINUTES the Egyptian army rescued her.
This is news.

I have two words for you.

Mass hysteria.

I have 6 words for you... I don't care what you think.

It's amazing and extremely distressing to read this.

Where was the camera crew while all this was happening?

I want more facts.

CBS complicit in news coverup - BostonHerald.com

CBS sat on their own story for five days, as reporters reveled amid giddy celebrations in Tahrir Square ...

This tells me all I need to know about the MSM

Shameful!

One would think that CBS, as her employer, should have respected the wishes of her family by keeping the story quiet until they were ready to have it told. But hey, that's just the honorable and moral thing to do, and I suppose the instapundits couldn't wait that long to bother with such things.

CBS complicit in news coverup - BostonHerald.com

CBS sat on their own story for five days, as reporters reveled amid giddy celebrations in Tahrir Square ...

This tells me all I need to know about the MSM

Shameful!

Wow.

It is not often that I find myself defending the mainstream media, especially CBS, but they were right this time. General policy of most news agencies is not to reveal the identity of rape victims, and that desire to protect must be even greater if the victim is a coworker/friend. I read about the attack just a few hours after it occured, and it never even occured to me that CBS should go out and trumpet the fact that one of its employees was raped. What I find shameful is the people who are trumpeting the attack and trying to make political hay out of a tragedy.

Political hay?
A women is raped repeatedly, in public, and everyone around cheers and yells racial chants in unison...and THIS isn't political?
Geez, we might disturb the fantasy that any Arab nation is our freind and instead see that widespread hatred among Arabs for Americans is the reality.

She wasn't "raped repeatedly," in fact, she wasn't "raped" at all. Jeezus, pay attention.

Political hay?
A women is raped repeatedly, in public, and everyone around cheers and yells racial chants in unison...and THIS isn't political?
Geez, we might disturb the fantasy that any Arab nation is our freind and instead see that widespread hatred among Arabs for Americans is the reality.

Everyone? Does that include the group of women who rescued her?

Since you appear to be a complete idiot I will point out that if you look through my posts you will see that I am what is routinely described on this board as an Islamaphobe. I think Islam and Sharia law are the greatest threats we face in the world today. That does not make me a complete idiot though, I deal with reality.

CBS did the right thing.

Yeah that's right...I'm the idiot. :eusa_eh:
I actually think that there is something wrong with a large crowd of people where several people from that crowd rape the same woman while the rest yelled racial chants.
I actually have the audacity to think that there is a connection with a culture where women are only slightly above animals, and where a hatred for my nation is overwhelmingly present.
yeah...I'm the idiot. :eusa_shhh:

How many American flags did you see burning? How many "Down With USA" posters did you see among the tens of thousands? One or two posters, and no flag burning. Where DO you people get your information? Nevermind. Half the time it's obvious you just make it up as you go along.

Yeah, you're the idiot. Thank you.

Even newspapers come from a fairly small handful of corporations.
What we are typing on now is what is killing newspapers. And even newsprint journalism is not nearly as good as it used to be.

I think journalism pretty much sucks, there is no news, its almost all fluff. There are even a smaller handful of corporations that sell the paper that newspapers use. Try and print a bad story about the people who own the paper and see what happens. I read that in the classic, Thy Will Be Done, the Conquest of the Amazon by Gerard Colby.

I would quote the book if I was at home. Too bad there is not a digital copy to found, but those who control the paper did not like the book so they killed the book, out of print as soon as it came out.

As I said, some of you people make it up as you go along. Want a copy? $5.95 and it's yours--on Amazon. :lol:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Will-Done-Conquest-Amazon-International/dp/B00096N0X4]Amazon.com: Thy Will be Done. The Conquest of the Amazon: Nelson Rockefeller and Evangelism in the Age of Oil. (book reviews): An article from: International Bulletin of Missionary Research: Justice C. Anderson: Books[/ame]

I did find an interesting synopsis, however, if you wish to take your point to the level intended.

Thy Will Be Done, The Conquest of the Amazon:

It isn't to me.

No.
This is news.

the attack *was* eventually stopped by a group of women. I seem to recall hearing about a circumstance where a woman's screams were ignored for hours until she was murdered right here in THIS countr. only she was ignored by a bunch of white people in kew gardens.

oh yeah...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=25+or+6+to+4+chicago&aq=1

you think this is the first time ever that a mob attacked a woman? I seem to recall a Jodie Foster movie based exactly on such a circumstance. as for the screams of "jew jew jew" this is the first time i've heard that, so i think i'll pass for now.

I hadn't heard about the "Jew Jew Jew" chants either. I'd sure like to see that video clip, especially since Lara is blond-haired and blue-eyed.

CBS allowed (encouraged?) news anchor Dan Rather to use forged documents to try to influence the presidential election in '04. Rather should be in jail and yet he still pops up from time to time to give his (left wing) opinion of current events. Like most "news" networks CBS relies on opinion rather (pardon the pun) than news.

CBS allowed (encouraged?) news anchor Dan Rather to use forged documents to try to influence the presidential election in '04. Rather should be in jail and yet he still pops up from time to time to give his (left wing) opinion of current events. Like most "news" networks CBS relies on opinion rather (pardon the pun) than news.

Only a matter of time before some yahoo brought up that old news. But since you did, it's quite possible that CBS learned its lesson. Now if only YOUR favorite cable news channel would.

They could have, and should have, reported the story without releasing the name of the victim.

It is a huge story, and indicative of Muslim culture. I believe it was more a ploy to avoid reporting the true nature of the events in Egypt than it was to protect the reporter. Who probably is the one who said "RUN THE FUCKING STORY!"

Forum List

Back