CBS complicit in news coverup

Holy what the f*ck???
What?
Seriously??? How the hell is this NOT news???
Jesus a Chief news correspondence is REPEATEDLY raped and a crowd of 200 people surrounding this - not only did nothing - but chanted "Jew. Jew, Jew"??? (even though she isn't Jewish)

And CBS doesn't even mention this??

My God....

CBS complicit in news coverup - BostonHerald.com

CBS sat on their own story for five days, as reporters reveled amid giddy celebrations in Tahrir Square ...

This tells me all I need to know about the MSM

Shameful!

Wow.

It is not often that I find myself defending the mainstream media, especially CBS, but they were right this time. General policy of most news agencies is not to reveal the identity of rape victims, and that desire to protect must be even greater if the victim is a coworker/friend. I read about the attack just a few hours after it occured, and it never even occured to me that CBS should go out and trumpet the fact that one of its employees was raped. What I find shameful is the people who are trumpeting the attack and trying to make political hay out of a tragedy.

CBS sat on their own story for five days, as reporters reveled amid giddy celebrations in Tahrir Square ...

Shameful!

Wow.

It is not often that I find myself defending the mainstream media, especially CBS, but they were right this time. General policy of most news agencies is not to reveal the identity of rape victims, and that desire to protect must be even greater if the victim is a coworker/friend. I read about the attack just a few hours after it occured, and it never even occured to me that CBS should go out and trumpet the fact that one of its employees was raped. What I find shameful is the people who are trumpeting the attack and trying to make political hay out of a tragedy.

Political hay?
A women is raped repeatedly, in public, and everyone around cheers and yells racial chants in unison...and THIS isn't political?
Geez, we might disturb the fantasy that any Arab nation is our freind and instead see that widespread hatred among Arabs for Americans is the reality.

Yep we need to keep PBS.

We need to keep newspapers.
Newspapers are falling everywhere, the biggest enemy of newspapers is time..they are simply not making enough profits to buy expensive presses.

Then one day we will wake up and realize that all of our "news" is coming from a small handful of corporations.

Even newspapers come from a fairly small handful of corporations.
What we are typing on now is what is killing newspapers. And even newsprint journalism is not nearly as good as it used to be.

Shameful!

Wow.

Political hay?
A women is raped repeatedly, in public, and everyone around cheers and yells racial chants in unison...and THIS isn't political?
Geez, we might disturb the fantasy that any Arab nation is our freind and instead see that widespread hatred among Arabs for Americans is the reality.

Everyone? Does that include the group of women who rescued her?

Since you appear to be a complete idiot I will point out that if you look through my posts you will see that I am what is routinely described on this board as an Islamaphobe. I think Islam and Sharia law are the greatest threats we face in the world today. That does not make me a complete idiot though, I deal with reality.

CBS did the right thing.

Yep we need to keep PBS.

I doubt that would have changed anything....the ny times wapo et al don't have a foreign bureau anymore they feed off of reuters and ap....the dreaded Murdoch ala wall st journal for instance, still does ..*shrugs" they didn't have the story or run it either.

CBS threw one of their own under the bus so they could spend their energy making Obama look good. Unbelievable. A new all-time low.

What we are typing on now is what is killing newspapers. And even newsprint journalism is not nearly as good as it used to be.

The internet has only a small role in the death of newspapers.
Afterall, newspaper began their great decline in the early 1980's...years before the internet came into the home.
What is killing newspapers is a change in culture. Before 1980 people by in large stayed in one community for most of their lives. Today, people move around much more - at the same time people have little connections with their community either.
Nobody "gets it" - that without a newspaper - your community leaders are basically unchecked.

Wow.

Political hay?

Since you appear to be a complete idiot I will point out that if you look through my posts you will see that I am what is routinely described on this board as an Islamaphobe. I think Islam and Sharia law are the greatest threats we face in the world today. That does not make me a complete idiot though, I deal with reality.

CBS did the right thing.

Yeah that's right...I'm the idiot. :eusa_eh:
I actually think that there is something wrong with a large crowd of people where several people from that crowd rape the same woman while the rest yelled racial chants.
I actually have the audacity to think that there is a connection with a culture where women are only slightly above animals, and where a hatred for my nation is overwhelmingly present.
yeah...I'm the idiot. :eusa_shhh:

Political hay?

CBS did the right thing.

I actually think that there is something wrong with a large crowd of people where several people from that crowd rape the same woman while the rest yelled racial chants.
I actually have the audacity to think that there is a connection with a culture where women are only slightly above animals, and where a hatred for my nation is overwhelmingly present.

Wow, there are racist in Egypt. That is supposed to be news?

Muslim Publics Divided on Hamas and Hezbollah | Pew Global Attitudes Project

It isn't to me.

CBS did the right thing.

It isn't to me.

No.
"Wow" there are so many racist in Egypt that out of a random crowd not only did 200 people not stop a rape occurring right in front of them, but several take part in the rape, and the rest yelled "Jew, Jew, Jew" at her - and then finally AFTER 30 MINUTES the Egyptian army rescued her.
This is news.

It isn't to me.

No.
"Wow" there are so many racist in Egypt that out of a random crowd not only did 200 people not stop a rape occurring right in front of them, but several take part in the rape, and the rest yelled "Jew, Jew, Jew" at her - and then finally AFTER 30 MINUTES the Egyptian army rescued her.
This is news.

I have two words for you.

Mass hysteria.

I think journalism pretty much sucks, there is no news, its almost all fluff. There are even a smaller handful of corporations that sell the paper that newspapers use. Try and print a bad story about the people who own the paper and see what happens. I read that in the classic, Thy Will Be Done, the Conquest of the Amazon by Gerard Colby.

I would quote the book if I was at home. Too bad there is not a digital copy to found, but those who control the paper did not like the book so they killed the book, out of print as soon as it came out.

Shameful!

Wow.

It's a damn shame I can't rep you for this.

It isn't to me.

No.
This is news.

Whether or not this is "news" or "politics" isn't the point. This is a woman who was assaulted. I have nothing but respect for what CBS did - hold the story for a few days to give their friend and co-worker a few days to recover before becoming international news. They didn't try to "cover it up", they just didn't publish it. Whatever their reasons were, they did the right thing. I think CBS did the right thing to protect one of their own.

I'm gonna have to agree with CBS on this one. Had they run it immediately, they would have been criticized for using the rape for ratings.

Tricky situation for CBS but I think they got it right.

Forum List

Back