Discussion in 'Pets' started by sarahgop, Jul 20, 2011.
he seems healthy and in good spirits but his hair on his back is growing in thick clumps. any ideas?
No sores? No fleas? Could be a serge of growth in certain areas due to hormones?
I cut my cats dreads out, and brush him when he is hanging out with me. His does that to.
no sores, no fleas. he never goes outside
i also cut them out but they seem to come back
You need to groom him better.
If you can take him to a groomer to start him out. He may need to be shaved to get the clumps all out.
After that you will need to regularly brush and comb though the fur to keep it clean. Bathing every so often will help.
How To Give a Cat a Bath
Instructions on how to wash your toilet
1. Put both lids up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water.
2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid.
4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the loud noises, the cat is actually enjoying this.
5. Flush three or four times. This provides a "power-wash" and rinse".
6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the here and the front door.
7. Standing behind as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.
8. The cat will rocket out out, streak through the room and run outside where he will dry himself off.
9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.
i may try that.
Separate names with a comma.