Catholics in Denial

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Romeo, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Romeo

Romeo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    This article does a great job explaining something I've noticed about many Conservative Catholics I've encountered in my many discussions on christian forums.

2. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Not sure on the answer here. First of all who wrote this? A conservative or liberal, I ask because when religion is brought into the mix it will automatically draw a side. And if these are true comments on the Vatican and the UN then it is political. And lastly what is the point. See I'm in the middle right now about my Protestant roots and my wife's Catholic roots and I may convert to Catholic, but really that isn't the point in my post. I see the deal as political in all arenas. And it is about pointing and saying tit for tat.

3. Romeo

Romeo Guest

Ratings:
    +0

To me it's simple. Most organized churches are corrupted by satan. Any church which teaches that the god of jesus christ is the same god as allah is in league with satan. That's Theosophy, not christianity.

4. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

6. Romeo

Romeo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't mind at all. I think most mainline churches including cathlics and most protestants, have been corrupted by the ecumenical movement. Im pro religion, but anti false doctrine, ya dig it?

7. Romeo

Romeo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I do. It's this: I think most mainline churches including cathlics and most protestants, have been corrupted by the ecumenical movement.

8. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Are you saying rules that the church uses or politics that bind it true meaning? if that is the case I see that this can and will cause issues. Why? because man has his fingers in it. Look at Paul and his letters to the church of Corinth. It had to be faith to change those folks over to God/Jesus abiding people. See I'm about the law because I know I'm weak and need structure, what I don't need is some movement that isn't inline with the Bible or scriptures. That is why we have choices. I see a lot of groups get down on the Catholics because of the politics and possibly the do as I say not as I do bit. I won't truly know all of it's ways for a while, but I'm willing to give it a go and if I find peace then I'll stay. Again I'll say as long as man has his hand in anything we'll continue to mess it up. And that goes for all those religious sects here and abroad.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Romeo

Romeo Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Read up on Vatican II and the surrounding arguments and resulting factions.

There is a press on humanity now to "unite for unity's sake". This is the antichrist commandment, hidden under nice sounding words. I value unity, but not at the expense of morality, and judgement.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

10. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I see from this little bit of information that the church was trying to be more open with regards to the worlds standards. I’d have to say that it is only a precursor or the word change and not a complete all out change. Next to Judaism the Catholic religion is the oldest God believing based group and next is Martin Luther who broke away starting the Lutheran movement into the Protestant sects and they all have watered down the meanings to there specifics likings and to have it so the people will approve.